• Jan 25th, 2020 12:57 pm
[OP]
Mar 27, 2003
658 posts
18 upvotes

Be Careful of Weedman

spring is coming and weedman starts to call for customers

be careful if u don't want them to do ur lawn

long story short (I posted last year so don't want to post the whole story again)
weedman called, my dad said yes to "free estimate"
no estimate came, but the weedman car came to fertilize the lawn
When I saw the sign on my grass, I called them right back and told them I don't want no service from them and I will not pay the bill
I also told them I never ordered the service and I actually have someone being dowing our lawn for past 10 years,
but then they just keep calling and start threatening..

so be careful :)
121 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9609 posts
818 upvotes
Muskoka
They're a very poorly run company, for sure. My brother actually worked for them for a summer, he said they did all kinds of unethical stuff like this, and that they also dumped harmful chemicals to avoid the costs of getting rid of them properly. He reported them for that one, thankfully.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
Hey man stop with the bad comments. How am I supposed to make sales with comments like those? :mad:
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
[OP]
Mar 27, 2003
658 posts
18 upvotes
B40 wrote:Hey man stop with the bad comments. How am I supposed to make sales with comments like those? :mad:

r u kidding? or u really work for them?
:?:
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
ginabobolee wrote:r u kidding? or u really work for them?
:?:
Neither. He's sells marijuana.
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4638 posts
306 upvotes
Vancity
B40 wrote:Hey man stop with the bad comments. How am I supposed to make sales with comments like those? :mad:
... not funny
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
162 upvotes
i dont understand why people would spend hundreds of dollars on their lawn.
Apr 28, 2005
194 posts
1 upvote
"how much for a gram?"

"a gram of what sir"?

"Weed"

ahahahhahahahahahahaha
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9609 posts
818 upvotes
Muskoka
nano wrote:i dont understand why people would spend hundreds of dollars on their lawn.
Not to mention why anyone would choose to dump poison on their grass, especially if they have kids or pets who will track it back into the house. I just go out a couple times a month with a weed digger, takes 20 minutes, costs nothing.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4585 posts
1101 upvotes
Wat
[QUOTE]Not to mention why anyone would choose to dump poison on their grass, especially if they have kids or pets who will track it back into the house. I just go out a couple times a month with a weed digger, takes 20 minutes, costs nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well it costs you 20 minutes of your time.. I manually weed too because I have kids and pets, but if I didn't I would consider paying for the service.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8313 posts
150 upvotes
Kitchener
I always laugh when I see their van that says Weedman on it.
Dec 26, 2005
104 posts
Markham,ON
I made the mistake of giving them my business 1 yr I actually had to move to stop them from calling at least twice a month. Even thou I was sprayed I still had weeds and the lawn looked only 10% better than b4. No actually Iwas moving anyways. lol
Jun 6, 2007
1 posts
In short: my parents live in their own house, but their phone number is under my name in the phone book, as they are immigrants and cannot have anything under their name. In the phone book though you can only find my initial and my last name (luckily).
Last week my parents brought me a bill under my name (with only my initial and last name) claiming that weedman did a lawn treatment at my parents house and I owe them 47$.
I called them and they told me that I ordered a full ~400 $ package from them. I said I didn't and they said they will cancel all the rest and see about the bill, and I should call them back in "a few weeks".
This week my parents get a new bill ~90$ for the previous and a new treatment, from the same Weedman !
I call them back and ask them to stop this s**t. They say they will remove the second bill and will ask only for half of the first bill, as the guy who supposedly sold me the package gave me a half price (wonder why THAT didn't show up on the bills???). I said you send me whatever you like, but include all the file for the transaction in the mail. The woman said she cannot include the first conversation because it is "on a piece of paper"! And asked me why I need that.
I told her that I want to go further to the Better Business Bureau! Of course after that she said that she has to talk to her manager and that the manager will call me back (at what number I wonder, as I don't live with my parents).
Called them back twice and asked to talk to the manager and she was in meetings all day!
By the way, if you go to their website, there is no direct contact info for any of the managers. Funny, ain't it?
This morning I finally talked to the manager and she said "I SUGGEST YOU PAY THAT BILL" (threatening me!). I told her that I suggest she takes care of this matter because I am not paying anything! I asked her if she has any proof that I requested the services, and she says: "NO, AND I DON"T NEED PROOF!". Huh???
She tried to make me give my phone number to "call me back when they have an answer for me" and I told her that she should have that on the file since I "ordered their services".
Finally she told me that "since the tech was SUPPOSED TO CALL BEFORE COMING and he didn't do it THEY WILL REMOVE ALL THE AMOUNT from my account"!
Thanks a lot!
If you go to http://data.ottawa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=11883
you will see a report from Better Business Bureau Ottawa about them. Not looking pretty: 77 complaints in 3 years [/B](and they are working about 4 months a year?). And most other businesses have 0! And think how many people actually agree to pay them in the end to spare themselves the trouble?
Oct 20, 2008
1 posts
You will receive calls from their sales at least 4 times a month and they always tried to sell different kinds of services without explaining in details. When you say you have to reconsider, they go ahead to make the order without your consent and later send you an invoice with a few hundred dollars.

When you call to dispute, their customer reps are all very rude and never admit any mistakes made by their sales. Even you try to explain you didn't order the service, their customer services rep would say "It's up to you whether you pay the service or not...but we will send collection guys to your home" and threaten even more in the call". When you ask to talk to their mgr, they always said their mgr is not available(i called a few times, they had different excuses not allowing us to talk to their mgr)..this's exactly what other previous postings mentioned. Not even mentioned their lawn services are unsatisfactory too and the 77 complaints filed in 3 yrs to the Better Business Bureau.

- Buggy and very frequent sales call
- Order expensive service for you without your consent: "Free estimate" becomes "charged estimate
- Threaten customers who try to dispute the charges
- Bad lawn services

I would never recommend Weed Man to anyone!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)