None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18850 posts
6893 upvotes
Toronto

Be careful when scratching PS+ Subscription cards

So I bought a card and started scratching it and this happens. It's beyond me why the code would be in paper instead of plastic. I am sure this is a common problem.

16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6630 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
Yah, I'm paranoid now. I ended up peeling the "2nd layer" one time. I go really slow now. Fortunately I was able to "piece it together" to figure out one of the ones I fouled recently.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8432 posts
5249 upvotes
Toronto
#ConsoleGamerProblems
Jan 26, 2008
752 posts
56 upvotes
Scarborough
Has anyone obliterated the code on the card? Can one return the card and ask for a transfer from one card to another?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
173 upvotes
Did the same to a Google Play card. They just had me send a photo of the barcode and sent me the correct code.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18850 posts
6893 upvotes
Toronto
Don't know why they didn't design it like a gift card made of all plastic instead of stupid paper.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
173 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Don't know why they didn't design it like a gift card made of all plastic instead of stupid paper.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I imagine. Probably costs $0.01 less per card to use paper.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
ReeGee wrote: #ConsoleGamerProblems
Why do you PC guys have to come in every thread and ruin things?

Can't I just pay my $45 a year for free games and free online in peace?
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: Why do you PC guys have to come in every thread and ruin things?

Can't I just pay my $45 a year for free games and free online in peace?
I don't think they realize how off-putting those types of posts are. Funny thing is that some of those folks actually have thoughtful things to say sometimes, but these constant PCvsConsole remarks they inject everywhere just end up undermining their position. I wish we could just be, you know, gamers.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18850 posts
6893 upvotes
Toronto
A ton of people do console and pc gaming. Including me. So not sure why the PC guys think they are far superior with their $1000 GTX 1080
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
carmaster wrote: A ton of people do console and pc gaming. Including me. So not sure why the PC guys think they are far superior with their $1000 GTX 1080
Yeah seriously, who cares about their 4K gaming and 1080p/60fps.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2061 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
qualdoth wrote: I don't think they realize how off-putting those types of posts are. Funny thing is that some of those folks actually have thoughtful things to say sometimes, but these constant PCvsConsole remarks they inject everywhere just end up undermining their position. I wish we could just be, you know, gamers.
I think they do realize it (including the guy you quoted as he was trying to be "funny") which is why they continue to post things like this over various threads. For whatever reason, they feel the need to validate or gain some kind of acknowledgement/superiority for being PC, or at least that's what my Google Univ certificate in Psychology says. I actually kind of get a kick out of seeing those constant posts as it gives me quick laugh.
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7927 posts
1365 upvotes
Since this thread is going "funny" I'm just gonna put it out there:
I'm always careful when I scratch. I mean who wants a smelly finger....
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1827 posts
1014 upvotes
Durham
Its their way of saying to buy online through PSN
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
68 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: #ConsoleGamerProblems
Snort! I had this happen to me with a Steam card! Somehow I scratched off the first number.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4353 posts
745 upvotes
Edmonton
Costco warranties cards FYI I had one not work for me. Player around with it and eventually Costco just gave me money back.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Yearly subscription?

Glad PC and Nintendo are progressive.