Expired Hot Deals

[Caretek.ca] MSI GS65 RTX2060 15.6" laptop (GS65-8SE-093CA) - $1485 [HOT]

Apr 7, 2017
109 posts
82 upvotes
Okay but has anyone dealt with this company before? I don't want to start handing over my personal info to scammers.
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Okay but has anyone dealt with this company before? I don't want to start handing over my personal info to scammers.
I put my order in. It's a little bit sketchy, but they accept PayPal, so how bad could it get? They're also super responsive to phone and email communications.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1732 posts
769 upvotes
Vancouver
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Okay but has anyone dealt with this company before? I don't want to start handing over my personal info to scammers.
Five minutes of Google-fu tells me company is legit. Looks like a B2B. Authorized repair centre for Lenovo and Toshiba. They are hiring a bookkeeper on Linkedin. Etc.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Oct 25, 2013
240 posts
896 upvotes
London, ON
Also looking for a new gaming laptop, after my research, I do think this price is even much better than y540 price error.
GS65 is a high-end model usually compare to Asus Zephyrus and Gigabyte Aero series. For this spec, the retail price is about 2500 and the sale price is about 2000.
Only question is what is caretek? Also, when you check their return policy, it is mentioned that they can charge you restocking fee for returns. So I will pass this deal, but this price is insane.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
nanmo091032 wrote: Also looking for a new gaming laptop, after my research, I do think this price is even much better than y540 price error.
GS65 is a high-end model usually compare to Asus Zephyrus and Gigabyte Aero series. For this spec, the retail price is about 2500 and the sale price is about 2000.
Only question is what is caretek? Also, when you check their return policy, it is mentioned that they can charge you restocking fee for returns. So I will pass this deal, but this price is insane.
Thanks! Finally someone who understands the price Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Remember you're paying with PayPal, and so you get their buyer protection. In addition, Caretek *should* help you out with any defects or DOA. The only reason you should worry about returns is if you change your mind. It also has the MSI 1-year warranty. However, this 1-year warranty is based on the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase.

By the way, it's $1900 OOS at Memory Express.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1732 posts
769 upvotes
Vancouver
Stanleyzheng wrote: Thanks! Finally someone who understands the price Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Remember you're paying with PayPal, and so you get their buyer protection. In addition, Caretek *should* help you out with any defects or DOA. The only reason you should worry about returns is if you change your mind. It also has the MSI 1-year warranty. However, this 1-year warranty is based on the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase.

By the way, it's $1900 OOS at Memory Express.
Went to Burnaby location and it was sadly OOS.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Aug 11, 2014
394 posts
266 upvotes
Stanleyzheng wrote: I believe so. This is a well-built laptop, it has a 2060. Can you find a laptop with a 2060, 144hz screen, and decent battery life for $1500? This is cheaper than the ccc all time low for the 1070 Max-Q version, as well as the 1060 version of the GS65. Remember, this isn't a Max-q 2060, so it matches the 1070 max-q.
Just wanted to add that Nvidia never released a 2060 Max-Q variant as far as I know.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
bernieyee wrote: Went to Burnaby location and it was sadly OOS.
RIP. This would be an absolutely crazy price match:
$1899.99*0.1= 189.9

1486-189.9=1326.1!!!!!
Jan 15, 2010
426 posts
195 upvotes
Last time similar situation, my friends and I jumped in. It turned out the ridiculous price was from its upstream supplier, and it is very likely the supplier won't fulfill any order.

The normal process that caretek takes, is they gonna take 14-60 business days try to get the computer from its supplier. If they cannot get it, they will refund.

So, let's see how it goes for this time.
Apr 7, 2017
109 posts
82 upvotes
Well if their financing approves me while the deal is still available and the terms of said financing are reasonable I may just jump on this. I've been kicking myself for not ordering that Lenovo when I had the chance.
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
snailium wrote: Last time similar situation, my friends and I jumped in. It turned out the ridiculous price was from its upstream supplier, and it is very likely the supplier won't fulfill any order.

The normal process that caretek takes, is they gonna take 14-60 business days try to get the computer from its supplier. If they cannot get it, they will refund.

So, let's see how it goes for this time.
Oh haha, was that the $27 Rugged tablet?

Worst case scenario, you waste some time. WCGW, amirite?
Oct 1, 2017
272 posts
369 upvotes
The build quality on the GS65’s is pretty lacking. Very thin materials, I’ve seen quite a few with snapped hinges and dents/pushed in segments.

I had one of the older 1070mq ones and one of these 2060 ones (returned). Wouldn't touch again, especially if I was bringing it places. Might be good if it just sits on your desk... But then what’s the point?
Apr 28, 2011
282 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver
How is this laptop vs the helios 300(2019) a few days ago
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4030 posts
3455 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Stanleyzheng wrote: Well, sorry, but I can't do the impossible Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

A 1050ti laptop for $500 would be insane, but you get what you pay for. Oh well, each to their own.
Not quite a 1050Ti for $500, but this was close enough
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3202 posts
775 upvotes
Calgary
The y740 with 9750, 2060, 1 TB SSD, 500nit 144 screen is $1890 right now, minus EDU discount it is $1795 and there is 9% ebates. So net cost is $1635 + tax on $1795

$150 (plus a bit more tax) for 4x the storage, better screen and build quality but worse battery life and heavier.

You can use Paybright to pay in instalments too if you prefer that option.

The GS65 is made of pretty thin metal, when I sold mine the buyer pulled it out of a laptop bag and the ethernet port snagged. The metal bent like a tin can! I had a y740 for a while and it is a tank in comparison.
Sep 18, 2018
71 posts
11 upvotes
Stanleyzheng wrote: RIP. This would be an absolutely crazy price match:
$1899.99*0.1= 189.9

1486-189.9=1326.1!!!!!
Do they discount the entire price by 10%? I thought they discount only the difference between the two prices....