Expired Hot Deals

[Caretek.ca] MSI GS65 RTX2060 15.6" laptop (GS65-8SE-093CA) - $1485 [HOT]

Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1281 posts
498 upvotes
I have the previous GS63 and the hinge cover easily broke during my ssd swap. Other than that it's light and has great battery life. I bought it for is portability. Buying this and selling my GS63 for the gpu upgrade
Sep 20, 2016
7 posts
22 upvotes
Any idea how to get shipping/delivery information after placing order OP?
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
42 posts
19 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I paid $800 plus tax for the same spec build as a 2-in-1 in Q1-Q2 2018, without the 144Hz but with a 1060 max-Q.

Let's relax, your deal is luke warm.
What was the deal
Aug 28, 2014
403 posts
522 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I agree with OP, this is LAVA HOT.

The 1070 version is going for $3100 on Amazon right now. For those of you that don't understand, this is not the typical flimsy plastic shell textbook-thick laptop.

This is a premium ultra portable gaming laptop and this kind of price is absolutely unheard of. Can you imagine if the high end Macbook Pro went half price? People would go nuts! This is the equivalent of that.

Keep up the great work OP and welcome!!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1299 posts
633 upvotes
Near GTA
john69est wrote: How is this laptop vs the helios 300(2019) a few days ago
EDIT: I think this is refurb, so adjust accordingly

I’m with ya bud. Really considering this. If the smallest form factor and battery life is top priority, go with the GS65. However, I expect the Helios to perform better across the board and to manage the heat much better. Easier to upgrade as well. Tough decision and both ways you will get an amazing machine.

For me, I don’t know this site and hesitant because of it. It would be an all in purchase in my mind with no take backs...or at least a lot of risk doing so.

I’m somewhere 50/50 and will stick with the Helios. Tipping point to Amazon and their great/super easy return policy. As well as the thermals and better overall performance. However, this will now be on my mind all day lol
Last edited by chrischris84 on Sep 5th, 2019 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1299 posts
633 upvotes
Near GTA
Thinking about this more, this price doesn’t make sense, it’s way too low. This has got to be a refurb? PN 8SE-093CASTEALTH-RFA. RFA = refurb and quality A? This site is also a service centre for other manufacturers. I see another site using the same PN format and have an RFB as well. Plus no item description on the site. For these reasons, I would be staying away, unless you’ve already made the decision to go with the GS65 and lowest cost is top priority
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
mahava wrote: Do they discount the entire price by 10%? I thought they discount only the difference between the two prices....
My bad, they don't. Misread the price match policy.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2019
41 posts
73 upvotes
purezalbert wrote: Any idea how to get shipping/delivery information after placing order OP?
Nope, it's OOS, so it might take a while
Sep 3, 2006
268 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
We were in the middle of the night when I saw this deal. I'm not sure I should've bought it but my girlfriend needed a laptop and Lenovo was too lazy to offer great deals in their previous sale.. Now knowing it's a refurb I feel less secure about this purchase.. Should I try to cancel it? It looks like they have no stock anyways so if they can't ship in the delay promised on their website, it shouldn't be complicated, right? My credit card usually doubles warranties but I doubt it works on refurbs... :(
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1211 posts
1876 upvotes
Anecdotal but I've had 2 MSI in the family with bulging batteries and coil whine fans. Both different models and just a few days past warranty. MSI refused to help with anything.

I ended up fixing them myself and paid $250 for parts, but would've costed $800 to repair at store. Never spending on MSI again.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Oct 28, 2018
18 posts
8 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You've put your Earl Grey on the ledge of your English shire estate house.

It's cooled for 15 to 20 minutes.

That's this deal.
Ofc the tea is sitting in a contigo
Sep 23, 2014
634 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Voltz23 wrote: We were in the middle of the night when I saw this deal. I'm not sure I should've bought it but my girlfriend needed a laptop and Lenovo was too lazy to offer great deals in their previous sale.. Now knowing it's a refurb I feel less secure about this purchase.. Should I try to cancel it? It looks like they have no stock anyways so if they can't ship in the delay promised on their website, it shouldn't be complicated, right? My credit card usually doubles warranties but I doubt it works on refurbs... :(
Be very careful with refurb items, in most case they are not covered by warranty from manufacturer. IMO, a laptop is a big investment, and having warranty is a must for this type of purchase.
Feb 2, 2017
435 posts
501 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Be very careful with refurb items, in most case they are not covered by warranty from manufacturer. IMO, a laptop is a big investment, and having warranty is a must for this type of purchase.
No warranty and no return policy means you get what you get as well (dead pixel, bad backlight bleed, etc).

Why are people even gambling on this? When Ebates had the 15% CB with Lenovo, you can buy their Y545 for $1500 with RTX 2060 and 144hz screen.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1732 posts
769 upvotes
Vancouver
I got a PayPal refund notification for my order, lol.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Sep 3, 2006
268 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
yeah me too, actually I am happy.
Sep 1, 2019
17 posts
6 upvotes
I pulled the trigger on this one. There was a local guy selling a zephyrus with a 1070 locally for $1800, so this was close after taxes and all that. If this one doesn't pull through I'll probably go with that one.

The biggest thing for me on these is the battery life while still having a decent GPU/Ram and this deal seems like the best bang for buck.

A little sketched out by the website and idea of it being refurbed. Can anyone shed light on this?
Jan 4, 2019
458 posts
465 upvotes
chrischris84 wrote: Thinking about this more, this price doesn’t make sense, it’s way too low. This has got to be a refurb? PN 8SE-093CASTEALTH-RFA. RFA = refurb and quality A? This site is also a service centre for other manufacturers. I see another site using the same PN format and have an RFB as well. Plus no item description on the site. For these reasons, I would be staying away, unless you’ve already made the decision to go with the GS65 and lowest cost is top priority
Looking at the specs and build, the price seems a bit high. The best part is the video card but low ram and drive space. Heat issues. Iffy repairs. Meh. Not that great in my books.
Sep 1, 2019
17 posts
6 upvotes
The buyer's remorse in this thread is real. I'm going to reach out to the company and inquire about the return policy and RMA. But honestly, otherwise, this is way, way, better than anything else out there right now for the price.