Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
17 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Carlton Cards Toronto Closing

I was at Carlton Cards in Dufferin Mall yesterday and noticed that nearly everything in the store is marked down.

All cards in the store are $1 plus tax. Most of the other items are 75% off.

A few items are still regular price.

As of yesterday, they still had a good selection of cards to choose from.
16 replies
Mar 18, 2013
259 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
From what I hear that entire mall is closing down at some point to be replaced with 2 condos. So I guess as leases are expiring retails are moving out...like Micheals.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
17 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
That is interesting though I'm not surprised. That Mall is in a prime location.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2776 posts
2400 upvotes
webpromoinc wrote: From what I hear that entire mall is closing down at some point to be replaced with 2 condos. So I guess as leases are expiring retails are moving out...like Micheals.
source?
Dec 10, 2003
264 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
webpromoinc wrote: From what I hear that entire mall is closing down at some point to be replaced with 2 condos. So I guess as leases are expiring retails are moving out...like Micheals.
You maybe confusing Dufferin mall with Galleria mall which is to be replace by condos at some point.
Feb 16, 2004
450 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
For those in Burnaby, BC Lougheed Mall one is closing as well. Most items are already priced at 90% discount. All cards are 5 for $1.00.
Apr 23, 2016
16 posts
TO_girl wrote: You maybe confusing Dufferin mall with Galleria mall which is to be replace by condos at some point.
I think they are, Primaris said it has "huge development potential" but has no plans to develop it in the near future. They haven't even done a phase assessment with the city, I doubt they're not renewing contracts without that.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2201 posts
1460 upvotes
Toronto
There's a Michaels at Dufferin Mall...?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
vtse wrote: There's a Michaels at Dufferin Mall...?
Yes
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3533 posts
1793 upvotes
Waterloo
I've always wanted to start a greeting card company. Their profit margins should be high, no? I mean you're just printing small pictures onto small pieces of paper (albeit premium quality paper) and selling them for $5 (and in some cases, a lot more).
Oct 27, 2008
269 posts
60 upvotes
crystallight wrote: I've always wanted to start a greeting card company. Their profit margins should be high, no? I mean you're just printing small pictures onto small pieces of paper (albeit premium quality paper) and selling them for $5 (and in some cases, a lot more).
the cost though, and how often do people need greeting cards.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19131 posts
7228 upvotes
Toronto
This is false. No condos happening anytime soon.
Aug 11, 2006
174 posts
96 upvotes
You can go to the dollar store and buy cheaper greeting cards for most occasions. (starting at $1) so I doubt opening your own card store would profit anything worthwhile. Perhaps getting a license to sell Weed might work better for you
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5746 posts
7330 upvotes
That's impossible since the mall still spend money renovating everywhere. Most recently the renovation is near the food court. If it is closing down, I don't believe they will spend extra penny to do any renovation.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8532 posts
3727 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Got a source about those two condos?