None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3871 posts
2151 upvotes
Canada

Carol Ellyn commercial??

Have you guys seen this? Is this real life? What do you guys think? This commercial is on TV non-stop.

12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5153 posts
2883 upvotes
GTA
Haven't seen it, whats so special about it?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3871 posts
2151 upvotes
Canada
shabby wrote: Haven't seen it, whats so special about it?
I posted a link to the commercial in my initial post. Check it out.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50568 posts
14936 upvotes
ONTARIO
gbill2004 wrote: I posted a link to the commercial in my initial post. Check it out.
What? That people have hobbies that they're really passionate about?
Perhaps not a 'hobby', but yeah... Some people do live and breath whatever they're passionate about and try to take it to the next level. Like its a part of them.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
..lol

Who the hell is Carol Ellyn?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3871 posts
2151 upvotes
Canada
eldiablo wrote: ..lol

Who the hell is Carol Ellyn?
She’s a recording artist from Toronto who’s also in this Chevy Cruze commercial.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5153 posts
2883 upvotes
GTA
gbill2004 wrote: She’s a recording artist from Toronto who’s also in this Chevy Cruze commercial.
Again what's so special about that? Gm paid her to be on it so she's there. If they paid you you'd be on it too pretending you love the cruze and are living your dream...
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3871 posts
2151 upvotes
Canada
Interesting concept for a commercial.

See the guy in the commercial who looks like the evil old folks home worker from Happy Gilmore?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7738 posts
1628 upvotes
Per OP's original question, she is obviously real and released a few songs, one of which is listed and used for the ad - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/playb ... 1363015378

The question is more like does she really drive a Cruze purchased with her own money perhaps, which we may never know.

The interested for me, and OP has failed to spell it out, is this is really as much an ad for Carol Ellyn as it is for the GMC Cruise.

Why did the ad pay so much attention to her, ie. showing her name, listing and using her song ?? GMC could gone any other way with an actress or still use Carol but make her more anonymous would be what they typically did. This, however, seems like a collaboration between a music company with car manufacturer to launch a new artist. I say that cause it seems a lot of promo for Carol Ellyn came out around the same time as the ad, too. Otherwise, Carol was probably very lucky or may be know some people in the right places.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3871 posts
2151 upvotes
Canada
hdom wrote: Per OP's original question, she is obviously real and released a few songs, one of which is listed and used for the ad - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/playb ... 1363015378

The question is more like does she really drive a Cruze purchased with her own money perhaps, which we may never know.

The interested for me, and OP has failed to spell it out, is this is really as much an ad for Carol Ellyn as it is for the GMC Cruise.

Why did the ad pay so much attention to her, ie. showing her name, listing and using her song ?? GMC could gone any other way with an actress or still use Carol but make her more anonymous would be what they typically did. This, however, seems like a collaboration between a music company with car manufacturer to launch a new artist. I say that cause it seems a lot of promo for Carol Ellyn came out around the same time as the ad, too. Otherwise, Carol was probably very lucky or may be know some people in the right places.
That was my whole point when I said “interesting concept for a commercial”.
Sep 1, 2018
1 posts
Why is Carol talking about the car being her place to focus, to unwind and to use as a recording studio etc. It seems the Cruz is not about driving. I think that is a bad example for the company to use as it would seem to advocate distracted driving.