Real Estate

Carriage Country Club Horseshoe valley - near Barrie

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2022 8:14 am
Mar 1, 2020
24 posts
15 upvotes

Carriage Country Club Horseshoe valley - near Barrie

Hi, what do you guys think of Carriage Country Club Horseshoe valley? It used to be a timeshare now bought out and being sold as a condominium units. Airbnb is allowed. We backed out of the TEK towers and now considering this. Any inputs are appreciated.
8 replies
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
it's good actually if you have time to manage.

the sellers didn't do much to them though. but they are turn key ready
Full-time Realtor
Apr 20, 2016
310 posts
282 upvotes
DealToBeMade wrote: Hi, what do you guys think of Carriage Country Club Horseshoe valley? It used to be a timeshare now bought out and being sold as a condominium units. Airbnb is allowed. We backed out of the TEK towers and now considering this. Any inputs are appreciated.
I would probably only consider Carriage Hill if it was for personal use but even then there are better options IMO. From an investment perspective not so much. I had a client that was looking there and that's what I told him. Also, are you sure that AirBNB is allowed?
Mar 1, 2020
24 posts
15 upvotes
I was told it's allowed. Short term rentals were banned due to lockdowns and pandemic. Now that's everything being opened, they are allowing it. What better options are available? I'm not set on this, open to others as long as they are at this price point.
Apr 20, 2016
310 posts
282 upvotes
DealToBeMade wrote: I was told it's allowed. Short term rentals were banned due to lockdowns and pandemic. Now that's everything being opened, they are allowing it. What better options are available? I'm not set on this, open to others as long as they are at this price point.
That depends, is the purchase for an investment property or personal use? If for investment property then yeah a precon condo, assignment sale etc. would be better. Especially because Carriage Hill closing is not that far away. Or I'd rather buy something in Barrie that you can rent out.
Mar 1, 2020
24 posts
15 upvotes
Investment, basically a cottage vibe. Looking to Airbnb most days. Yeah, I'm looking what's available at that price point. I feel like this resort is all setup, has all the amenities.
Apr 20, 2016
310 posts
282 upvotes
DealToBeMade wrote: Investment, basically a cottage vibe. Looking to Airbnb most days. Yeah, I'm looking what's available at that price point. I feel like this resort is all setup, has all the amenities.
I highly doubt you're going to be able to Air bnb that most days. It also won't appreciate much.
Jul 29, 2019
478 posts
643 upvotes
May I ask why did you backed out of TEK towers?
I spend time on RFD,
more than I'd like to admit.
But I console myself stating,
I'd need another job if I wouldn't
Mar 1, 2020
24 posts
15 upvotes
patel21 wrote: May I ask why did you backed out of TEK towers?
Originally I had a joint venture planned but they pulled out last second. Didn't want to take on 800k purchase alone especially I was able to purchase 2 bedrooms with bigger sqr ft for 800k now. It was roughly 800 with parking and locker. It's a good investment, just didn't want to tie up the funds alone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)