• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 5:17 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2009
26 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto

Carrier Furnace Replacement Program - Serial Number Required

Our old Carrier furnace just died and the technician informed us that Carrier currently has an incentive program. If you replace an old Carrier furnace with a new Carrier furnace, you can get a decent amount of cash back (I believe it's $400-500, in our case).

In our case, the technician disposed of the old furnace without making note of the serial number. We have a photo of the furnace but that's useless without the serial number. So if anyone has a serial number for an old Carrier furnace that isn't registered, it would really help me :)
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2628 posts
997 upvotes
Woodbridge
Sorry your post is not very clear.
Did you already replaced your furnace ?
Its the installers responsibility to have your incentive processed. Need little more details and I may be able to share a serial no ( as home owner just got it replaced and he went with Lennox this time)
dougiedougler wrote: Our old Carrier furnace just died and the technician informed us that Carrier currently has an incentive program. If you replace an old Carrier furnace with a new Carrier furnace, you can get a decent amount of cash back (I believe it's $400-500, in our case).

In our case, the technician disposed of the old furnace without making note of the serial number. We have a photo of the furnace but that's useless without the serial number. So if anyone has a serial number for an old Carrier furnace that isn't registered, it would really help me :)
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Central Air Condition Group Buy-2021
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5178 posts
2593 upvotes
So they used the incentive as a sales tool and didn’t properly initiate you receiving that very incentive? And now are leaving it up to you to deal with? Sounds very professional
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Oct 15, 2009
26 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I'm finally seeing the replies in this thread - somehow missed them until now. Thanks for the offer, @newlyborn! I ended up finding the sticker with the serial number from the original furnace tucked away in an old manual that was on the floor in a corner. A final gift from the previous owners of our home.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2628 posts
997 upvotes
Woodbridge
You can try but I highly doubt of a positive outcome since your furnace was installed almost 8 months back.
dougiedougler wrote: I'm finally seeing the replies in this thread - somehow missed them until now. Thanks for the offer, @newlyborn! I ended up finding the sticker with the serial number from the original furnace tucked away in an old manual that was on the floor in a corner. A final gift from the previous owners of our home.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Central Air Condition Group Buy-2021