Shopping Discussion

Carrot 2.0 Rewards Comeback

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Jan 26, 2012
227 posts
150 upvotes
Ontario
bylo wrote: Those were both options in the survey. And they were both the ones I ranked at the top of my wishlist.

They certainly were with government funding. But that now appears to be gone. So presumably they have a different funding model, perhaps PR-based. In that case it would enable someone like AM or a bank (IIRC RBC was also on the list) to promote/advocate for better health even though their products aren't directly related.
Do you remember what all the options were?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20715 posts
14546 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
moss27 wrote: Do you remember what all the options were?
IIRC RBC, Scene, Drop. Also some others I can't recall.

N.B. this was a survey to see what peoples' preferences are, not a commitment. So what we may see when Carrot 2 launches could be quite different than what was in the survey.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10615 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
If they went under and refunded no one in the past then I can't imagine they'll be very successful now.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14564 posts
11773 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
XtremeModder wrote: If they went under and refunded no one in the past then I can't imagine they'll be very successful now.
They went under ... as you put it
Primarily cuz they lost their Govt Funding
They never were a self sufficient service (as far as I recall)
Just a start up app
That caught the eye of the Govt
As a cause celeb
And a lot of keen users
(Some of whom paid extra for a VIP type experience)

When Govt funding ended (Ala Premier Ford et al)
There was no REAL MONEY anywhere else
To keep the service afloat
Despite it being very popular

Version 2.0 is gonna have to come up with a different plan
When it comes to funding the platform
Users they got
Money ... not
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2059 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
moss27 wrote: Do you remember what all the options were?
From what I remember, the options in the survey was Scene, Drop, Petro Points, PC Optimum, More Rewards, RBC, Amex and Air Miles.

Someone please correct me if they remember otherwise.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2418 posts
2422 upvotes
GTA
silverele wrote: From what I remember, the options in the survey was Scene, Drop, Petro Points, PC Optimum, More Rewards, RBC, Amex and Air Miles.

Someone please correct me if they remember otherwise.
Hi @silverele , fellow Carrot Rewards/Scene RFDer!

Edit: oops below comment in quotes applied to my memory with Carrot 1.0 not Carrot 2.0
"Hmm, I also remember Aeroplan ... don't remember Amex or Air Miles or PC Optimum?"

Just reminiscing all the Scene points with Carrot 1.0!

Thanks to you @silverele @bylo and others for doing the survey. Excited to see what's to come altho it will have to be really good again to do the pay to play a 2nd time!

What option did you choose in the beta survey?
Last edited by mzmoney on Jan 27th, 2020 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2059 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: Hi @silverele , fellow Carrot Rewards/Scene RFDer!

Hmm, I also remember Aeroplan ... don't remember Amex or Air Miles or PC Optimum?
Perhaps your survey was different than mine, sometimes they do that to get different opinions.

I didn't see Aeroplan on my list of reward programs to rank, I think bylo mentioned something similar. I for sure saw PC Optimum though, it was a pleasant surprise to see that in the list of possible options for 2.0. Hope that one sticks!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20715 posts
14546 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
My recollection is similar to @silverele 's. I didn't remember some of them, e.g. Arrogant Excess, because I would never do business with those scumbags.

As for Aeroplan, I distinctly recall it was missing from the menu. This was prominent in its absence because we were using Carrot 1 to keep AP accounts alive.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2418 posts
2422 upvotes
GTA
silverele wrote: Perhaps your survey was different than mine, sometimes they do that to get different opinions.

I didn't see Aeroplan on my list of reward programs to rank, I think bylo mentioned something similar. I for sure saw PC Optimum though, it was a pleasant surprise to see that in the list of possible options for 2.0. Hope that one sticks!
Sorry my bad, I was thinking of Carrot 1.0 and the options then ... Sure miss those Scene points.

Am sure you and @bylo are correct as I only sent out 1 invite so am not a beta tester.

Will edit my previous post :)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1346 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
Got the email
Carrot Beat
How have you been? We’re excited to reconnect with our Carrot community! We hope that you and everyone you care about are staying healthy amid the current COVID-19 pandemic.

As you may have heard, Carrot is now part of Optimity. Just like Carrot, Optimity’s vision is to help people live healthier lives through changes. We’ll continue to give you the same great Carrot experience, with even more resources for building health and longevity.

In the past few weeks it’s become more clear than ever that small efforts add up to extraordinary results—for our own health, as well as our community and our world. Right now, simply staying home is one of those things. So is self-care—devoting a few minutes each day to our physical and mental wellness.

Very soon, Step Together Challenges and health quizzes will be back, along with rewards (which we all love.)

We look forward to growing with you and improving our health with every step.

Warmth,

Jane Wang
CEO, Optimity & Carrot Rewards
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
I signed up just for kicks... Is there much point in surveys alone?
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
Just noticed my spot has lowered, maybe they're putting previous customers first? I was at xxx4xx but now xxx8xx (can't remember the exact number at the moment but I know it got higher)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2059 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
pawprints86 wrote: Just noticed my spot has lowered, maybe they're putting previous customers first? I was at xxx4xx but now xxx8xx (can't remember the exact number at the moment but I know it got higher)
If someone refers a lot of people, they will move up the queue and be in front of you.