Shopping Discussion

Carrot 2.0 Rewards Comeback

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I've been using the app but only for step counts. I don't find the other tasks particularly useful, e.g. counting the number of glasses of water I drink.

I started doing one of their surveys. This one was on finance. I quickly gave up on it when they started to push life insurance. (Then again they're associated with Sun Life...)

So far there's sweet bugger allvery slim pickings for me in terms of rewards. They'll have to put something tangible on the table if they want to recapture the Carrot 1 user base.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2058 posts
2056 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: Apparently, the 'new' Carrot Rewards will be coming out in the Fall.

@bylo @silverele have you been using this sponsored version?
No, I didn't get offered to use the sponsored version. Although my friend told me she got a tester email to sign an NDA. So if anyone does try that out, I don't think they are supposed to talk about it. Hopefully it won't be long for a public release!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
silverele wrote: No, I didn't get offered to use the sponsored version. Although my friend told me she got a tester email to sign an NDA. So if anyone does try that out, I don't think they are supposed to talk about it. Hopefully it won't be long for a public release!
Perhaps I misunderstood @mzmoney 's question. I was talking about the regular Optimity app that's available on the Google app store. As far as I can tell this one is "sponsored" by Sun Life. I wasn't referring to an NDA version which I presume is some test version of what will eventually be Carrot 2..
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2058 posts
2056 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: Perhaps I misunderstood @mzmoney 's question. I was talking about the regular Optimity app that's available on the Google app store. As far as I can tell this one is "sponsored" by Sun Life. I wasn't referring to an NDA version which I presume is some test version of what will eventually be Carrot 2..
I think you understood correctly! The test version probably wouldn't be sponsored by Sun Life.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
silverele wrote: I think you understood correctly! The test version probably wouldn't be sponsored by Sun Life.
You're free to use the Optimity app using code SLFAD12. Both @mzmoney and I got that invite and the same code so it's not exactly exclusive.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Some progress via email from Optimity...

Image
...
Image

There's more stuff in the email including some sample screen shots. If you expressed interest in the Carrot 2 app before (see upthread) then you should get the email.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14481 posts
11686 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@bylo ... Lol, I just got my email today as well about PetroCanada
You beat me to the punch (great post)

Woo-Hoo ... very happy to see PetroCanada back
Carrot has treated my Petro Points account well in the past
So I am excited to have another source of points back to inject into my PetroCanada Account
(Carrot - HBC - CAA )
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2006
3227 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
bylo wrote: You're free to use the Optimity app using code SLFAD12. Both @mzmoney and I got that invite and the same code so it's not exactly exclusive.
Can you give us some idea of how many pts you're collecting with the Optimity app?

I wonder if it's worth signing up for.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Based on the current Optimity app I've been earning 40 pts for meeting my daily step quota of 6,000 steps. (That 6,000 is fixed, unlike the old Carrot app.) In addition there's 200 pts for reaching my monthly step quota of 186,000 steps (30 days x 6,000.) There are other challenges and surveys, etc. that earn 20 to 100 pts. I've managed to amass over ~2,500 pts so far.

The problem is that there's not much to redeem them for. The ability to convert to Petro Can or other loyalty programs doesn't exist in the regular Optimity app. Points can be redeemed for what are to me trivial things like 50 pts for a recipe. The only thing I might be interested in is 200 pts for 20% on Garmin devices. But even there I'm not looking for any product or service that Garmin offers. So basically there's nothing here to see.

If you need something tangible as a reward for healthy living then wait for Carrot 2 to become available.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14481 posts
11686 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bylo wrote: Based on the current Optimity app I've been earning 40 pts for meeting my daily step quota of 6,000 steps. (That 6,000 is fixed, unlike the old Carrot app.) In addition there's 200 pts for reaching my monthly step quota of 186,000 steps (30 days x 6,000.) There are other challenges and surveys, etc. that earn 20 to 100 pts. I've managed to amass over ~2,500 pts so far.

The problem is that there's not much to redeem them for. The ability to convert to Petro Can or other loyalty programs doesn't exist in the regular Optimity app. Points can be redeemed for what are to me trivial things like 50 pts for a recipe. The only thing I might be interested in is 200 pts for 20% on Garmin devices. But even there I'm not looking for any product or service that Garmin offers. So basically there's nothing here to see.

If you need something tangible as a reward for healthy living then wait for Carrot 2 to become available.
Good to know

I will continue to wait on Carrot then 🥕
As I am all about Loyalty Points for ... Money (Cash Back or Cash Off), Travel, GCs ... or Points Exchange to other Partner Programs
Member
Sep 5, 2017
433 posts
227 upvotes
I'm still over a million down in the wait list... I wonder what year new users with no referrals will be able to start checking it out lol
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14481 posts
11686 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Got an email this week from Carrot

They’ve now partnered up with More Rewards (good news for all the Westerners)
In other health and nutrition related news, we’re very happy to announce another rewards partner: More Rewards!

Earn More Rewards points faster to use towards the rewards that make you happy. From FREE groceries like rotisserie chickens and birthday cakes or FREE gifts cards that give you the freedom to get what you want, when you want it, and even FREE local vacations, there’s something for everyone!
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2012
106 posts
52 upvotes
VANCOUVER
PointsHubby wrote: Got an email this week from Carrot

They’ve now partnered up with More Rewards (good news for all the Westerners)
However, I don't see More Rewards actually available to redeem in the app... does anyone else?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lc39nav wrote: However, I don't see More Rewards actually available to redeem in the app... does anyone else?
The Optimity app discussed upthread isn't the Carrot 2 app and AFAIK the Carrot 2 app, which will have More Rewards, isn't available yet.
veni, vidi, Visa

Top