Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 1:35 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
These codes sound interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
geogolem wrote: These codes sound interesting.
I know. I'm getting old, my memory is fading, does anyone remember what the codes were? Astonished Face
😱
Oct 10, 2006
953 posts
1516 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a new offer that I needed to watch a video and answered some questions. I watched the video, but I couldn't move on to those questions. It just got stuck. Expressionless Face
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5135 upvotes
b0ne wrote: I sure did, what were the codes again? ;-)
Darn, do you recall? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Now that colder weather has arrived, my hubby and I are walking a lot less than summer!

Fyi, weekly step goal takes into effect, looking at 30 DAY HISTORY vs last one or two weeks.

Finally, a new goal of 2,500 from 12,500+ steps, to gradually go up ... if don't have a few huge step days in one week lol

Allows me to meet step goal (max 5 points per day after 5+ day streak) and most importantly 5 of 7 day Step Up Challenge, for 40 Scene points each!!

What are your current step goals in Carrot ... And/or are you still using Carrot?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mzmoney wrote: Now that colder weather has arrived, my hubby and I are walking a lot less than summer!

Fyi, weekly step goal takes into effect, looking at 30 DAY HISTORY vs last one or two weeks.

Finally, a new goal of 2,500 from 12,500+ steps, to gradually go up ... if don't have a few huge step days in one week lol

Allows me to meet step goal (max 5 points per day after 5+ day streak) and most importantly 5 of 7 day Step Up Challenge, for 40 Scene points each!!

What are your current step goals in Carrot ... And/or are you still using Carrot?
Aside from the very rare surveys, I gave up on the app a long time ago. The steps kept increasing but the rewards kept decreasing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mzmoney wrote: What are your current step goals in Carrot ... And/or are you still using Carrot?
Yup. My "goal" has been as high as 25k+ when I was on a hiking holiday for several weeks and has now dropped steadily to 8k,

Funny thing is that while I do "only" about 7k steps a day, those steps are on a treadmill at very high walking speed and 12% or 14% grade. This is way more than enough to meet the American Heart Association (AHA)'s and the World Health Organization (WHO)'s Move Minutes and Heart Points daily goals as implemented in Google Fit--an application that Carrot uses to obtain activity data from Android users. And yet I don't get step goal points from Carrot except on those days when I also go hiking. And even then, the more hiking I do the more ridiculous Carrot's new step goals become. So again I stop getting points even though my much higher than average activity continues.

So yes, I still have Carrot installed on my phone. But no, I don't pay much attention to it. If I get a point or two now and again, that's fine.

Does the app encourage me to be more active? Not a chance.

So much for this "2017 App of the Year." What a sad joke that is.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else not getting push notifications? I contacted their support but they were less than helpful, and even after a factory reset of my phone, and only installing Carrot and Google Fit, still no notifications. I managed to get email notifications enabled, but would really like push enabled instead.
"signature removed for rule violations" Hell ya, that's what we do! 😝
Jul 4, 2018
166 posts
274 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote: Is anyone else not getting push notifications? I contacted their support but they were less than helpful, and even after a factory reset of my phone, and only installing Carrot and Google Fit, still no notifications. I managed to get email notifications enabled, but would really like push enabled instead.
Nope, no issues with phone/fitbit. I've been getting notifications for the step goals and once in a while, a survey.
Jun 13, 2004
660 posts
75 upvotes
Nanaimo
pete_rfd wrote: Is anyone else not getting push notifications? I contacted their support but they were less than helpful, and even after a factory reset of my phone, and only installing Carrot and Google Fit, still no notifications. I managed to get email notifications enabled, but would really like push enabled instead.
I stopped getting them a while ago.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Anyone else get the email about a new pay version of carrot?
😱
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
b0ne wrote: Anyone else get the email about a new pay version of carrot?
I opened up the app yesterday and saw you can pay $5/month or $40/year to get 5x the points....lol

The banner shows 2x, 5x, or 10x. Notice how they only show the multiples and not the exact number of points. So they can always lower the amount of points and still claim they are giving you 5x the points.

edit: it's $4/month.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Yes. Not worth it in my opinion. You're essentially buying the bonus points with the monthly fee if you're moderately active. You'd have to be activity-obsessed and stick to the program almost every day in order to get more value from the points than what you pay for them. (Analysis based on my activity experience over the past year and using AP miles as the reward currency.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I haven't used this app in over a year since they stopped with the offers. I never joined the steps program and relied on the surveys to earn my points.
Over time, they stopped offering surveys and I haven't earned a single point in over a year.

Now they are asking for money to use the app? Seriously, isn't this a gov't funded program?

Carrot is doing a bad job at retention and needs to just shut down or get back to what made it a popular app.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
499 upvotes
Yep. I got a good laugh out of it. So I can pay to have slightly more points trickle in (until they inevitably raise my step goal to something ridiculously unattainable, or I get sick and miss a day and have to start the streak over from the beginning), or I can keep my money and use it to buy my movie tickets directly while slightly less points trickle in at no cost to me? Rather a no-brainer there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3185 upvotes
Actually it looks pretty good (While they are at their "introductory" price). 5 points a day, plus 6X40 bonus, plus a couple surveys = ~400 points per month. So pay the $6 and you get 4,000 ,or 4 normal cineplex admissions. Think I will do that, paying for one month at a time
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
zoro69 wrote: Actually it looks pretty good (While they are at their "introductory" price). 5 points a day, plus 6X40 bonus, plus a couple surveys = ~400 points per month. So pay the $6 and you get 4,000 ,or 4 normal cineplex admissions. Think I will do that, paying for one month at a time
If you hit your goal every single day... If I'm understanding you properly...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3185 upvotes
yes

edit, went for a year(agaisnt my better judgement)and got 1000 points bonus right away
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
499 upvotes
geogolem wrote: If you hit your goal every single day... If I'm understanding you properly...
And your step together partner hits their goal every single day as well.

Might be doable in the short term, if no one ever gets sick, or forgets their phone, or has to work late and can’t get their steps in...but over the long term, with the way carrot raises the goals, I don’t see it paying out much. One can possibly argue that a pair of healthy and very motivated people can make this worth it for the odd month or two, but hopefully no one is enticed by the 1000 points offer for an annual subscription because that’s where they’re really going to make their money.

Edit: Just saw your edit Zoro. Hopefully I’m wrong. I suppose putting up all that money upfront makes for good motivation. Keep us posted.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
Its a decent way to use expiring Google play credit from those surveys...