Expired Hot Deals

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 12:35 pm
Member
User avatar
Sep 30, 2015
282 posts
317 upvotes
East York, ON
AKACHOUCH wrote: I signed up with Carrytel about 6 months ago.
the internet service has been good so for.
However I noticed that since I signed up , I have been getting an unusually high number of robocalls , and 9 out of 10 they are in Chinese !!
I start suspecting that Carrytel (being a company run by Chinese people) may have something to do with this.
Could they have sold to telemarketing compagnies their subscribers' phone numbers?
I am wondering wether it is plausible and if any of you guys have experienced this?
thx
No, it's a coincidence. I get those random Chinese robocalls on numbers unassociated with Carrytel.
Member
Dec 16, 2015
211 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just sharing my experience since switching several months ago:

1)no Chinese robo calls
2) good range on CGN modem ( I’m actually far from it right now). Basement- back yard- front yard
3) In about 6 months, I’ve had 2 or 3 slowdowns that lasted a minute or so.
4) when playing FIFA online, I get this weird slowdown that I’ve never had with another ISP. It’s doesn’t last long, but it is annoying and if it were COD or something, I’m sure it would be more costly.
5)YouTube and other streaming works great. Video calls work great
6) “Casting” online video wirelessly gets glitchy at times, so I end up using an HDMI cable.

All in all, very glad I switched. Hard to beat the price ( with the trade off of online gaming).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1411 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
My 4th month with Carrytel..got the 3months free plan 75/10. for 30$/30days

we did not use internet for 2.5 wks in Dec.

it was fast when we restarted modem. now is a bit slow only 19mbs instead of 75.

I found if it was on a free m9nth ..speed slow down. but it is free.

will update in another 2 months. has to pay next mknth .then another free month.

oVerall, I am ok with Carrytel.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
9227 posts
12081 upvotes
GT-EH
I've been with them for 9 months so far.
The speeds has been pretty reliable all the time - I haven't noticed any throttling of any kind yet.

There have been a few hiccups that happened over the summer last year -
some minor outages which was probably due to some network upgrades late at night.

Overall, I'm happy to continue with them and would recommend their services to friends or family.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1411 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
my free months are now over.

lately the speed is unstable. rebooted my modem several times.

not sure if it coincidence. after invoice recived, speed ok. after payment received, speed became unstable again.

unless Rogers network is over crowded again.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 10, 2005
8920 posts
2834 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: my free months are now over.

lately the speed is unstable. rebooted my modem several times.

not sure if it coincidence. after invoice recived, speed ok. after payment received, speed became unstable again.

unless Rogers network is over crowded again.
I am nearing 1 year now on the 150 plan and it has been rock solid
Discomfort is your friend
Jr. Member
Apr 30, 2014
189 posts
64 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: my free months are now over.

lately the speed is unstable. rebooted my modem several times.

not sure if it coincidence. after invoice recived, speed ok. after payment received, speed became unstable again.

unless Rogers network is over crowded again.
I have been with Carrytel for over 3 years now; 2 years on VDSL plus over a year (and counting) on $35 75/10 cable. Like many, my experience has been rock solid, and I expect no less, else I would be with another ISP.

My setup may not be the best, but it is cheap and serves my requirements well:
Modem (free rental from Carrytel): TC7650
Router: pfSense with 4-port Intel 4x Ethernet NIC
DNS resolver: Unbound in forwarding mode
DNS server: Cleanbrowsing
Ads blocker/privacy: pfBlockerNG
pfSense OpenVPN clients: Windscribe (x2), IvacyVPN & FastestVPN
pfSense VPN servers/clients: OpenVPN
Wifi AP: EA-6200, EA-6500 & EA-8500 (all in bridge mode)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1411 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
thx for the info.

I suspect it is Rogers problem in Ottawa West end. The congestions happened at nite mostly.

Few of neighbors went to Bell lately. Saw Bell vans.
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2016
831 posts
388 upvotes
GTA
im with carrytel for about 2yrs now. im still on the old plan 35/30. can i upgrade to this 35/75 without changing hardware?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Newbie
Apr 21, 2014
18 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
It's now unlimited internet $24.99 for the first month then $39.99/month
Newbie
Jun 3, 2019
16 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Smiling Face With Open Mouth Hi there! I realize that your post is 2 years old but I finally decided to switch over from Bell and placed my order with Carry Tel on Friday. Are you still satisfied with the service and speed of Carry Tel if you are still with them? Were you able to do the installation yourself?

Many thanks!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 5, 2007
5480 posts
1221 upvotes
416
abiyes wrote: Smiling Face With Open Mouth Hi there! I realize that your post is 2 years old but I finally decided to switch over from Bell and placed my order with Carry Tel on Friday. Are you still satisfied with the service and speed of Carry Tel if you are still with them? Were you able to do the installation yourself?

Many thanks!
Did you keep bell? Alot of us keep out old service running side by side with carrytel to test it out during the trial period.

I've been with them since August 2017 on the 75/10 plan and couldn't be happier. Customer service has been spot on. They replaced a modem for me in December even though I paid for the first modem myself. I've only had to get techs in to my house two time and that was to add a signal booster and the replace it 1.5 years later.

I just saw this today after logging in...

Exclusive $20 cash credit and more (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
As a loyal customer, you are qualified to receive following benefits by switching to annual payment plan:
-- $20 cash credit will apply to your next invoice on Apr 28,2020
-- Lock your current monthly rate for at least 1 year.
-- Annual payment plan can be cancelled at any time, and a prorated refund will be issued for the remaining term.
Sr. Member
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
As a loyal customer, I got a $5 increase in my monthly payments.
Newbie
Jun 3, 2019
16 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote: Did you keep bell? Alot of us keep out old service running side by side with carrytel to test it out during the trial period.

I've been with them since August 2017 on the 75/10 plan and couldn't be happier. Customer service has been spot on. They replaced a modem for me in December even though I paid for the first modem myself. I've only had to get techs in to my house two time and that was to add a signal booster and the replace it 1.5 years later.

I just saw this today after logging in...

Exclusive $20 cash credit and more (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
As a loyal customer, you are qualified to receive following benefits by switching to annual payment plan:
-- $20 cash credit will apply to your next invoice on Apr 28,2020
-- Lock your current monthly rate for at least 1 year.
-- Annual payment plan can be cancelled at any time, and a prorated refund will be issued for the remaining term.
Aggy, thank you for your reply. No, I scheduled my cancellation with Bell for this coming Friday as their prices was getting ridiculously high. I have the 50/10 Fibe 25 plan at $105/month. They gave me a $30 monthly discount since May 2019 that will expire this coming May. So I would have to now pay $105 + tax. After reading all the good reviews on here on CarryTel, I figured that I will take my chances and try them. Many thanks again!

Top