Expired Hot Deals

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 10:57 pm
Mar 9, 2012
155 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
raccoon wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:43 pm
RFD removed my original thread for a reason, some paid sponsor is not happy to see competitor's deal in here.
Quite unethical to remove a competitor's deal-based threads lol. You pay as a sponsor to be promoted, not to filter out others' threads especially when the competitor has done nothing wrong. They just provide a superior service.

I've been an RFD user since 2012 and hadn't signed up for this service until two weeks ago so I hope I won't be accused of being a shill.
Apr 16, 2017
40 posts
30 upvotes
Can net more like cannot-offer-a-decent-deal net

Carrytel for life. What a rock solid isp in all regards price, speed. Don't think just switch. Never been happier with a isp
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6412 posts
2137 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Ducky wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:34 pm
according to rfd, this deal isn't allowed to be posted i think.... my guess is other competitors pay sponsor fee to rfd... and carrytel doesn't...
Better remove all Rogers, Bell, Shaw, Teksavvy, Start and every other ISP too then since they don't sponsor.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6412 posts
2137 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Been with them for almost a year now on 100/10 $40 plan. Only an occasional hiccup here and there but overall very consistent.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 11, 2017
176 posts
51 upvotes
Rfd please tell us that it's not because a paid competitor said to remove the carrytel deal. Please communicate transparently on this.
Aug 19, 2009
166 posts
68 upvotes
raccoon wrote:
RFD removed my original thread for a reason, some paid sponsor is not happy to see competitor's deal in here.
the funny thing is they removed your thread, then updated the top sponsored thread from cannet to carrytel, then they removed it and put back the cannet thread. lol
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4568 posts
650 upvotes
Mississauga
chimaican wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 7:51 pm
Better remove all Rogers, Bell, Shaw, Teksavvy, Start and every other ISP too then since they don't sponsor.
maybe cannet feels these providers you mentioned aren't price competitive.... while carrytel is direct competition...lol
Feb 5, 2007
426 posts
129 upvotes
East York
reading all those carrytel experiences from the page1 reminds me how Teksavvy used to be...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8316 posts
1555 upvotes
London
raccoon wrote:
Let's see how long this thread will last before they delete it.
Apr 10, 2015
110 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was wondering what happened to this original thread now I know! That's really shady of RFD to delete a thread because of a competitor sponsored deal. If the deal and service was good they'd have nothing to worry about but clearly, that's not the case!

BTW... I switched on March 1st from Rogers to CarryTel on this exact deal and everything from receiving the modem, installation and service has been without issue.
Mar 9, 2012
155 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
tk_chan wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 9:24 pm
reading all those carrytel experiences from the page1 reminds me how Teksavvy used to be...
Has Teksavvy gradually worsened since the beginning?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1732 posts
550 upvotes
the modem they give isn't wifi capable right? I don't have a separate router
Apr 23, 2008
646 posts
49 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 7:58 pm
Been with them for almost a year now on 100/10 $40 plan. Only an occasional hiccup here and there but overall very consistent.
Could someone please confirm if the site primewire.ag is blocked with CarryTel?
I just hooked up with Carrytel yesterday and primewire.ag is coincidentally down at the same time.
If it is blocked it is a deal breaker for me. I hope i can still cancel the service within 7 days with full refund.
Jun 23, 2013
194 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
phht wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 10:55 pm
Could someone please confirm if the site primewire.ag is blocked with CarryTel?
I just hooked up with Carrytel yesterday and primewire.ag is coincidentally down at the same time.
If it is blocked it is a deal breaker for me. I hope i can still cancel the service within 7 days with full refund.
Just do a quick test with your phone. If you can hit that website on your mobile data but not over wifi, then it's carrytel blocking it.