Expired Hot Deals

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2018 9:58 am
Mar 23, 2018
57 posts
8 upvotes
apvm wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 7:32 pm
Well, I don't blame them, they just chose the wrong ISP to resell. Nonetheless, if you were from the reseller (not saying you are), you should forget about them, they are not worth defending no matter how much they paid you. By the way, in case you didn't know, they wanted to credit check you if you were eligible for their free modem rental during their last promotion and if you did not pass, you need to pay a $100 deposit.

By the way, they can complaint to RFD that I work for Carrytel again, RFD administrator had already contacted me last year to inquire if I work for Carrytel and I had already told them who I work for, in case you don't know, I am in London and I work for a wellknown establishment here.
okay let me try this again, I DO NOT work for c company, modem outlet or any other company, I am a senior who was looking for internet, nobody is paying me and I am getting more than a little p----d that you keep implying I am a shilll for c company, I don't have any idea who they are and couldn't give a !!!!, now let's comment on how MY c company as you imply want a deposit...... I contacted YOUR c company and was told " we don't know if we can provide service to your house so we need you to purchase a modem from us ($90) AND give us your banking or credit card info THEN we will let you know if we can give you service" and you say the other c company is a rip off that is funny, I even e-mailed customer service of YOUR c company and they do not even have the decency to answer my e-mail
Mar 23, 2018
57 posts
8 upvotes
FFWD wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:41 pm
:facepalm:

EDIT: Sorry, maybe that was too harsh. If you weren't aware, Megabits per second is the industry/defacto standard for reporting network speed, and all ISP's I have looked follow this standard, so no math is required to compare. Megabytes per second appears to be the preference when reporting file transfer speed within an application (although I don't know why, other than to cause confusion).
Thanks op you just saved me a post I was getting really confused!
Mar 23, 2018
57 posts
8 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 1:18 pm
Thanks. So it is possible to have both the Teksavvy and Carry Tel modems hooked up at the same time to my rogers cable TV line and use both services?
not sure if they do actually charge but on the website they say " $49 cancellation fee" I assume + tax, so be careful or check with them
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone living in older condo (16 yrs old) use cable Internet?

Can you share your experience?

Thanks
Feb 27, 2007
80 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
FFWD wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:47 pm
Always test with a computer directly wired into the modem first. This removes any other equipment from the equation and gives you the theoretical maximum you should expect on your home network. If it's still less than 75, call Carrytel and report the issue. In fact, this is what every ISP will tell you to do when you call them anyway, so you can tell them you've already done that.
Restarting the Modem was all it took. Every test after that was 70+/9+
Via [http://www.speedtest.net/]

I left Teksavvy, and I ain't complaining yet. The offset is now paying for a little IPTV service as well.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7029 posts
2996 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
redkulat wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 12:24 am
Just signed up, waited until midnight since it looks like they're limiting sign ups for now.
Another member posted that they are limiting sign-ups to 20 per day due to the very high volume of new subscribers and the lack of modems in stock due to the high volume.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 10, 2011
255 posts
35 upvotes
EAST YORK
thanks OP,

technician just came and in less than 15 minutes Im up and running 74.43 down and 9.83 up in Toronto M4G
cheers,
now to call teksavvy and cancel
Zoomer 4gb $36 loyalty plan
Freedom 2gb $29 plan
Carry-Tel $34.99 75M internet plan
Bell 1gb $5 tablet plan
Oct 3, 2007
28 posts
22 upvotes
just called this is ongoing promotion. but if you are currently an existing customer (ie bought the modem, paid for shipping, and currently paying $39.99/30 days screw you. sucker)
they say this is for new only . they will not even allow you to cancell and re activate

p.s the modem tp link 7650 is not a puma chipset
Dec 15, 2006
556 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
I put in an order just after midnight.

If on Rogers, do you have to cancel Rogers prior to activating Carrytel?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12905 posts
3223 upvotes
Here 'n There
abc123def456 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 8:27 pm
not sure if they do actually charge but on the website they say " $49 cancellation fee" I assume + tax, so be careful or check with them
I checked all over their website, in terms and conditions and on the rfd sign-up page and do not see a $49 cancellation fee anywhere. Where do you see that? Provide a link if you can.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1329 posts
958 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 11:15 am
I checked all over their website, in terms and conditions and on the rfd sign-up page and do not see a $49 cancellation fee anywhere. Where do you see that? Provide a link if you can.
There is a 49 deposit fee, not sure about cancellation.
Mar 1, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Rogers technician just came and checked speed and set up everything. I got speed 70 to 75mbps. Very happy. Go for carrytel. I am going to cancel ACANAC cable service.

By the way I am in Scarborough.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12905 posts
3223 upvotes
Here 'n There
peli33 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 11:39 am
There is a 49 deposit fee, not sure about cancellation.
Yes, that I see and it is for the modem and that fee is returned to the customer when the modem is returned.
May 2, 2011
130 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
To answer the question of turnaround time, I ordered on Mar 19 and was up and running Mar 26 (1 week). This was before the 20 signup limit being applied now. Still getting 75Mbps down, 10Mbps up Smiling Face With Sunglasses