Expired Hot Deals

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 2:09 pm
Newbie
Feb 11, 2007
56 posts
67 upvotes
Turrono, eh!
just an update...
I'm mr skeptical for most things.. but I have to admit these guys pulled through.
the deal is legit.
dude from rogers called at 7:45am for an 8am install. he was in and out in 10 mins. tested it and off he went.
I am using the TP link Modem they got me with the TP Link Archer 50 wifi router someone in here recommended ($40 new from Canada 'puters)
Everything works! There are two phones, one ipad and one laptop connected at all times.

Just a thank you is in order to the OP for posting, and the dude that recommended the Archer 50 router.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 5, 2007
5282 posts
1135 upvotes
416
virgonomic wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 10:47 am
I put in an order just after midnight.

If on Rogers, do you have to cancel Rogers prior to activating Carrytel?
No. Set it up as a new activation and have it side by side with Rogers to ensure no downtime. Tech will split cable. Then when you're ready just cancel Rogers.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3667 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
Installed this afternoon. Took an hour to locate the cable, establish that is was severed in a couple of locations, install a new cable and verify the setup. Getting the full 75/10 as advertised. Adios Teksavvy.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
36 posts
19 upvotes
dirtmover wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 10:00 pm
Installed this afternoon. Took an hour to locate the cable, establish that is was severed in a couple of locations, install a new cable and verify the setup. Getting the full 75/10 as advertised. Adios Teksavvy.
When I cancelled teksaavy, he was like wow you're like the 5th one this week.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2043 posts
1622 upvotes
Richmond Hill
just pick up modem today, will see how the install goes next week
******************************************************
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
Jr. Member
Dec 5, 2012
176 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Just got installed today. Getting very close to advertised speed. I recommend a new install. Tech found a couple of issues with my line that would have affected my service.
Newbie
Nov 19, 2009
13 posts
2 upvotes
canada
I decided to jump on to this deal and signed up sometime last week.. got connected today. Was very surprised they would come given today it is Easter. Guy was polite, he made sure everything was ok with my line. Plugged in my laptop and I did not have internet for a maybe 10 or so mins though the lights were up and running... but all of a sudden I did automatically (all the while thinking I would have to set up something with the modem on my comp). Once I had internet I plugged the modem to my tp link router to get wifi. I didnt have to do anything but wait. Getting the advertised speeds so far which is good.

Currently streaming netflix on my tv (on pause atm)
using speedtest.net on wifi just now showed
PING 20 ms
DOWNLOAD 75.82 Mbps
UPLOAD 9.55 Mbps

I also live in an apartment complex, so I guess I will see how the speeds go. But atm its good. I do realize this might change. Also still have my start.ca dsl internet going (at least for another week/couple days) just in case something goes wrong with these new guys.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
430 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
Looks like they're now providing Hitron CDA3 modems instead of the TP-link modem. Has the jitter problem on the CDA3 been fixed yet?
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
18 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
Technician came during the scheduled install window today. Took about 20 mins and everything was up and running.

Getting 74.5 mbps down, 10.5 mbps up. So far so good!
Member
Feb 10, 2018
356 posts
145 upvotes
Technician came in and set everything up.

Not all lights are flashing on the modem.

I am unable to set up the router for this reason.

Anyone else have this issue?

When I hook the Ethernet cable straight from the TP7650 to the computer, the internet works and gets 70/10 consistently, pretty good speed.

Here is how I set up the router:

- Ethernet cable from the Ethernet port of the router to the Ethernet port on the modem.
- Connect Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the router to the Ethernet port in the laptop.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2004
425 posts
282 upvotes
Mississauga
abc123def456 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 8:10 pm
okay let me try this again, I DO NOT work for c company, modem outlet or any other company, I am a senior who was looking for internet, nobody is paying me and I am getting more than a little p----d that you keep implying I am a shilll for c company, I don't have any idea who they are and couldn't give a !!!!, now let's comment on how MY c company as you imply want a deposit...... I contacted YOUR c company and was told " we don't know if we can provide service to your house so we need you to purchase a modem from us ($90) AND give us your banking or credit card info THEN we will let you know if we can give you service" and you say the other c company is a rip off that is funny, I even e-mailed customer service of YOUR c company and they do not even have the decency to answer my e-mail
Giving you the benefit of the doubt, try these steps:

1. Click this link (it's the only way to access the signup page for this deal):
http://www.carrytel.ca/rfd-special.aspx

2. Choose the "order now" button in the Rogers deal (the one that says "Exclusive Promotion(Rogers 75M plan, $24.99 for the first month then $34.99 per month, NO INSTALLATION FEE, FREE MODEM RENTAL)"

Maybe this is where the confusion is - My posting was originally for the Rogers deal only, because that's all that was available back then. Now they've added one for Cogeco customers, but I haven't looked at the details. Basically, you MUST choose the one that corresponds to whichever company provides cable service to your location.

3. Follow the instructions from there, but if you're not one of the first 20 starting at midnight each day, you'll get a warning that the deal is temporarily suspended until the next day at midnight. Keep trying each day if you're really in a hurry, but my suggestion is to wait until they restock, because they will probably have the better modem (TP-Link) by then also (which may or may not make any difference depending on what you use the internet for).
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2004
425 posts
282 upvotes
Mississauga
abc123def456 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 8:10 pm
okay let me try this again, I DO NOT work for c company, modem outlet or any other company, I am a senior who was looking for internet, nobody is paying me and I am getting more than a little p----d that you keep implying I am a shilll for c company, I don't have any idea who they are and couldn't give a !!!!, now let's comment on how MY c company as you imply want a deposit...... I contacted YOUR c company and was told " we don't know if we can provide service to your house so we need you to purchase a modem from us ($90) AND give us your banking or credit card info THEN we will let you know if we can give you service" and you say the other c company is a rip off that is funny, I even e-mailed customer service of YOUR c company and they do not even have the decency to answer my e-mail
I should add that if whoever said you need to buy a modem for $90, then you're either not talking to Carrytel, or you're not talking about the right deal. Because if you click on the link, you should see that the modem is either a free rental for Rogers, or a $49 purchase for Cogeco customers.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
13871 posts
2961 upvotes
Markham
EDL67134234 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 8:14 pm
Technician came in and set everything up.

Not all lights are flashing on the modem.

I am unable to set up the router for this reason.

Anyone else have this issue?

When I hook the Ethernet cable straight from the TP7650 to the computer, the internet works and gets 70/10 consistently, pretty good speed.

Here is how I set up the router:

- Ethernet cable from the Ethernet port of the router to the Ethernet port on the modem.
- Connect Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the router to the Ethernet port in the laptop.
Should be Ethernet port from the modem to the WAN port on the Router
which router you got?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Newbie
Mar 23, 2018
57 posts
8 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Mar 31st, 2018 11:15 am
I checked all over their website, in terms and conditions and on the rfd sign-up page and do not see a $49 cancellation fee anywhere. Where do you see that? Provide a link if you can.
go to website......support.....FAQ......changing/moving service, I assume that would include if you cancel
Newbie
Mar 23, 2018
57 posts
8 upvotes
FFWD wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 8:24 pm
I should add that if whoever said you need to buy a modem for $90, then you're either not talking to Carrytel, or you're not talking about the right deal. Because if you click on the link, you should see that the modem is either a free rental for Rogers, or a $49 purchase for Cogeco customers.
I spoke to 3 different people and all told me the same thing, "we can provide service to your post code but not sure of your actual address, we need you to buy a modem first $69.95 +$10 shipping + tax that is $90 AND supply your bank info or credit card info, we will check and contact you" I have no reason to lie so believe whatever you like

Top