Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 12:35 pm
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
oasis100 wrote: the service disconnects intermittently for me as well. any solutions?
Change providers. This is what I had done and no more problems.
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
IAmBatman wrote: Been with them for about three months now. Overall I'd say I'm moderately satisfied, but still annoyed at times. When it's good, it's good - currently testing my speed from upstairs computer (wireless router on the main floor) and consistently hitting 67-72 mbps, which is about advertised. However, many times throughout the day the speed will crawl down to 1-2mbps, or just cut off completely. This usually doesn't last longer than a few minutes, but it's the intermittent nature that gets annoying. Not sure if it's our router/modem or if they are throttling the service, but this was never an issue with Acanac or start.ca. It's still a great price, but Fido is also offering a 75 mbps for 12 months at 32.50 right now, and I am tempted to switch over if the inconsistent speeds continue, but I will give them another chance for the rest of the month.
Sounds like a router/modem problem. They don't throttle and if it's a line issue, won't be just randomly few minutes. Try a new router and if that don't work, modem swap

My old router (only 1.5yrs old) was causing issues like you are having and I swapped it and it's been great since
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
1563 posts
503 upvotes
Ontario
I got intermittent drops as well ... got the modem replaced (another CGN3) ... haven't had any issues yet
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
oasis100 wrote: the service disconnects intermittently for me as well. any solutions?
I've been experiencing this too, BUT, all my lights on my Cable modem are solid and nothing indicates a signal drop.
which leads me to believe it could be my router... or my google devices are flooding my network with crap again.

My disconnects started happening within the week... but only briefly - down for 30 seconds and then it reconnects.

You might want to try rebooting your router and possibly your cable modem.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Aug 26, 2004
883 posts
64 upvotes
GTA
Are the disconnects still happening?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4616 upvotes
Mississauga
Got my cable internet installed today but I am disappointed with their service. I had Start and Cogeco as my previous providers. With the previous providers never had an issue streaming with Netflix or Youtube. For the same 40Mbps package I have constant buffering with a brand new Tplink modem even though the TV is hard wired. If they can't help with the buffering issue I will go back to Start.

Btw my Start service has been disconnected since August 31st.
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Sep 24, 2018
39 posts
41 upvotes
I got my cable in July, and everything was fine.
Now I notice I am getting slower speeds in the evening from 7:45 to 10:15pm. This is happening every single day now.
I did a speed test to a Canadian server during this time and it was 65 Mbps (which is good), but to a US server I was getting 5-7Mbps.

I called them and the tech support was not helpful at all. He told me that they can do nothing about it.
I am starting to look for another provider.
Jun 11, 2008
135 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up with Carrytel about 6 months ago.
the internet service has been good so for.
However I noticed that since I signed up , I have been getting an unusually high number of robocalls , and 9 out of 10 they are in Chinese !!
I start suspecting that Carrytel (being a company run by Chinese people) may have something to do with this.
Could they have sold to telemarketing compagnies their subscribers' phone numbers?
I am wondering wether it is plausible and if any of you guys have experienced this?
thx
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Nitrocide wrote: I got my cable in July, and everything was fine.
Now I notice I am getting slower speeds in the evening from 7:45 to 10:15pm. This is happening every single day now.
I did a speed test to a Canadian server during this time and it was 65 Mbps (which is good), but to a US server I was getting 5-7Mbps.

I called them and the tech support was not helpful at all. He told me that they can do nothing about it.
I am starting to look for another provider.
Have you checked your modem power levels and if any errors? I was getting slow speeds and disconnects. I sent an email to Carrytel with a screenshot of my power levels and errors I was getting about 3 weeks ago. They called me daily for a week, but I never picked up as I didn't know the number. I finally picked up and they sent a tech 3 days later.
He added a booster and now things are running smoothly for me.
Sep 24, 2018
39 posts
41 upvotes
Have you checked your modem power levels and if any errors? I was getting slow speeds and disconnects. I sent an email to Carrytel with a screenshot of my power levels and errors I was getting about 3 weeks ago. They called me daily for a week, but I never picked up as I didn't know the number. I finally picked up and they sent a tech 3 days later.
He added a booster and now things are running smoothly for me.
I didn't do a modem power check. Sorry I don't know how to do that.

My modem is working good in the morning and afternoon, and anytime before 7:45 with good speeds.
During the peak evening hours from 7:45 to 10:15 my internet drops in speed. So far it has been predictable. At first, I thought it was several days coincidence, but now it is certain.

I have read on the forum some people had this issue, and it is just unfortunate I guess.
I signed up with Carrytel about 6 months ago.
However I noticed that since I signed up , I have been getting an unusually high number of robocalls , and 9 out of 10 they are in Chinese !!
I start suspecting that Carrytel (being a company run by Chinese people) may have something to do with this.
Could they have sold to telemarketing compagnies their subscribers' phone numbers?
I am wondering wether it is plausible and if any of you guys have experienced this?
thx
Yes I got a few call too, that were Chinese. I think you are right about our info was given to other parties.
Sep 30, 2015
353 posts
641 upvotes
East York, ON
AKACHOUCH wrote: I signed up with Carrytel about 6 months ago.
thx
No, it's a coincidence. I get those random Chinese robocalls on numbers unassociated with Carrytel.
Dec 16, 2015
533 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just sharing my experience since switching several months ago:

1)no Chinese robo calls
2) good range on CGN modem ( I’m actually far from it right now). Basement- back yard- front yard
3) In about 6 months, I’ve had 2 or 3 slowdowns that lasted a minute or so.
4) when playing FIFA online, I get this weird slowdown that I’ve never had with another ISP. It’s doesn’t last long, but it is annoying and if it were COD or something, I’m sure it would be more costly.
5)YouTube and other streaming works great. Video calls work great
6) “Casting” online video wirelessly gets glitchy at times, so I end up using an HDMI cable.

All in all, very glad I switched. Hard to beat the price ( with the trade off of online gaming).
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
My 4th month with Carrytel..got the 3months free plan 75/10. for 30$/30days

we did not use internet for 2.5 wks in Dec.

it was fast when we restarted modem. now is a bit slow only 19mbs instead of 75.

I found if it was on a free m9nth ..speed slow down. but it is free.

will update in another 2 months. has to pay next mknth .then another free month.

oVerall, I am ok with Carrytel.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
I've been with them for 9 months so far.
The speeds has been pretty reliable all the time - I haven't noticed any throttling of any kind yet.

There have been a few hiccups that happened over the summer last year -
some minor outages which was probably due to some network upgrades late at night.

Overall, I'm happy to continue with them and would recommend their services to friends or family.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
my free months are now over.

lately the speed is unstable. rebooted my modem several times.

not sure if it coincidence. after invoice recived, speed ok. after payment received, speed became unstable again.

unless Rogers network is over crowded again.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: my free months are now over.

not sure if it coincidence. after invoice recived, speed ok. after payment received, speed became unstable again.

I am nearing 1 year now on the 150 plan and it has been rock solid
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Apr 30, 2014
259 posts
118 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: my free months are now over.

I have been with Carrytel for over 3 years now; 2 years on VDSL plus over a year (and counting) on $35 75/10 cable. Like many, my experience has been rock solid, and I expect no less, else I would be with another ISP.

My setup may not be the best, but it is cheap and serves my requirements well:
Modem (free rental from Carrytel): TC7650
Router: pfSense with 4-port Intel 4x Ethernet NIC
DNS resolver: Unbound in forwarding mode
DNS server: Cleanbrowsing
Ads blocker/privacy: pfBlockerNG
pfSense OpenVPN clients: Windscribe (x2), IvacyVPN & FastestVPN
pfSense VPN servers/clients: OpenVPN
Wifi AP: EA-6200, EA-6500 & EA-8500 (all in bridge mode)
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
thx for the info.

I suspect it is Rogers problem in Ottawa West end. The congestions happened at nite mostly.

Few of neighbors went to Bell lately. Saw Bell vans.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
im with carrytel for about 2yrs now. im still on the old plan 35/30. can i upgrade to this 35/75 without changing hardware?
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)