Expired Hot Deals

ON - Carrytel Cable 75M plan (Rogers), $24.99 first month then $34.99 per month, modem rental included, no install fee

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2018 9:58 am
Apr 24, 2005
2 posts
Markham
Got Carrytel's 75/10 installed today. Speeds are amazing compared to my ADSL 15/10. Was streaming videos from laptop, and two cellphones all through WiFi from the hitron-gcn provided.

Not sure how realistic the speedtest app is, but when using 5ghz frequency it showed a consistent 75/9 throughout the night.
Jul 16, 2015
284 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Carrytel doesn't block sites as far as I know.

Wit that being said, I came here to complain a little about a couple of slow downs this past week. Nothing major, but I'm not getting the consistent speeds i'm used to. I'm on the 150mbps plan. Was part of the other carrytel thread and was going to do an analysis/speedtest but life got in the way and haven't done it yet. At any rate, I'll share my experiences when I can.
Aug 8, 2003
868 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
Do I have to call into cancel or just drop off the modem to a Rogers store? thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6815 posts
2640 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
TheZodiac wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:58 am
Do I have to call into cancel or just drop off the modem to a Rogers store? thanks
You have to cancel first in order to get a requisition number for the return, and make sure you get a receipt (work order) when it is returned.

If you return it without canceling, they won't take it. And if they do, it won't be recorded and you'll get a nice bill in the mail asking for the cost of the modem. Congrats, you just bought a phantom modem. Lol
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 30, 2009
789 posts
306 upvotes
This has been installed in my house for a few days now and it's been great. Speeds are as promised. I was with Rogers (100u) and I frankly don't notice any difference other than almost $30 in savings per month.
Aug 8, 2003
868 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
chimaican wrote:
May 17th, 2018 1:15 pm
You have to cancel first in order to get a requisition number for the return, and make sure you get a receipt (work order) when it is returned.

If you return it without canceling, they won't take it. And if they do, it won't be recorded and you'll get a nice bill in the mail asking for the cost of the modem. Congrats, you just bought a phantom modem. Lol
Thank You
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8098 posts
8920 upvotes
GT-EH
Here's my 2 month update -

Speeds have been great and pretty darn consistent for me even during peak times between 6pm-12pm in the evenings.
The pings during this peak window though have gone up for me (from average of 20ms to 40ms).

Experienced one down time late at night... I think it was 2 days ago and it happened around 12:30pm
Not a huge deal as the next morning my cable modem lit up and service was restored overnight.

Overall, still a happy customer.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Aug 18, 2010
460 posts
168 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Anyone have any experience with their home phone service? Looking to save some money from our current provider (Fido)
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
12618 posts
2196 upvotes
Markham
heatx- wrote:
May 18th, 2018 7:13 am
Anyone have any experience with their home phone service? Looking to save some money from our current provider (Fido)
you have to have their internet service to use their home phone service.
if in the future you want to cancel their internet service, then you have to move the phone again.

I would recommend going with Fongo home Phone https://www.fongo.com/home-phone/
basically is the same thing, and you can use with any ISP, (you can even take it with you to any other location that have internet)
plus some LD calling is cheaper
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
May 31, 2009
91 posts
2 upvotes
Aurora
I've been with carrytel since April 21st and all i have is headaches. Their phone line sucks. The Modem Hitron CGN3 is garbage. The voip box and the modem just dont work well together. I currently have no phone line, one day it works( if i'm lucky to even say a day) the next it's gone. Have been like that since I signed up. The internet hasnt been that bad (had to hook up a router since the modem sucks for wifi), but the phone line is just been shit**. Worst experience EVER! yes it's cheap but you pay for what you get. The customer service sucks, no one speaks english (chinese spoken) and no one is ever there to help, other than them saying " sorry for the inconvenience". I'm seriously sick of hearing them say that. If anyone signs up with them DON'T. I'm currently on the phone with them dealing with this BS AGAIN!...
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
12618 posts
2196 upvotes
Markham
JoeMir wrote:
May 18th, 2018 10:33 am
I've been with carrytel since April 21st and all i have is headaches. Their phone line sucks. The Modem Hitron CGN3 is garbage. The voip box and the modem just dont work well together. I currently have no phone line, one day it works( if i'm lucky to even say a day) the next it's gone. Have been like that since I signed up. The internet hasnt been that bad (had to hook up a router since the modem sucks for wifi), but the phone line is just been shit**. Worst experience EVER! yes it's cheap but you pay for what you get. The customer service sucks, no one speaks english (chinese spoken) and no one is ever there to help, other than them saying " sorry for the inconvenience". I'm seriously sick of hearing them say that. If anyone signs up with them DON'T. I'm currently on the phone with them dealing with this BS AGAIN!...
is the voip box connected to your router? or back of Hitron ?
Last edited by Keigotw on May 18th, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Feb 3, 2013
113 posts
56 upvotes
ALMONTE
I would jump on this to replace my Teksavvy 15/1 DSL connection but the rental home I'm in had the cable line into it cut and removed. What extra costs would I have to pay to run new line from pole and into my home?
May 31, 2009
91 posts
2 upvotes
Aurora
Keigotw wrote:
May 18th, 2018 11:02 am
is the voip box connected to your router? or back of Hiltron ?
actually at first the voip box was connected directly to the modem and then we had 2 technicians come to my house and found it only worked when it was connected to the router. Now neither work....it's flaky, works and then doesnt, can't call 905 numbers .....and they still have no resolution, other than, " sorry for your inconvenience" or "we are working on it"