Expired Hot Deals

[Carrytel] [Carrytel] [ON] Carrytel FTTN Internet service 50M/$39.99, 25M/$34.99, 15M/$29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 8:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8651 posts
1790 upvotes
London

[Carrytel] [ON] Carrytel FTTN Internet service 50M/$39.99, 25M/$34.99, 15M/$29.99

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Carrytel
Posting this thread as per requested by other members that they want to ask question about FTTN instead of Cable. Old thread expired due to that they no longer offer free installation without buying their modem. If you have questions on Carrytel's cable service, Cable thread is here carrytel-carrytel-cable-internet-servic ... 9-2089185/

ON Plans as title
QC plans 25M $39.99 50M $44.99

Free installation if buying their modem.
BYOD is $39 installation fee
Free Dryloop
Unlimited

RFD rules reminder: No referrals, No resellers, No retailers.

Please DO NOT post referral code, nor ask for referral code in this thread per RFD policy. Thanks for your cooperation.
Last edited by apvm on Jun 8th, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
138 replies
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
Is there any current VDSL promo with free installation on BYOM and transferring sub?

Also, I'm not asking for a referral code, but just curious, does Carrytel have a referral program? If yes, how referrals work now with Carrytel? What benefits do they give to both clients: a current subscriber and a prospective one?

How they are holding speeds during pick times? Any problems with their current service? Is it truly unlimited, blocking any sites?
Last edited by arnycus on Jun 8th, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 6, 2011
508 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga
arnycus wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 1:36 pm
Is there any current VDSL promo with free installation on BYOM and transferring sub?

Also, I'm not asking for a referral code, but just curious, does Carrytel have a referral program? If yes, how referrals work now with Carrytel? What benefits they give to both clients: a current subscriber and a prospective one?
Your benefit: You will get $20.00 cash credit after referring a friend. No limit on how much you can earn.
Your friend benefit: Your friend get $10 off modem purchase

Looks like that's what's posted in the referral page. Also says it only works on Fiber25/50 plans. So a no go when choosing cable.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3220 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
arnycus wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 1:36 pm

Also, I'm not asking for a referral code, but just curious, does Carrytel have a referral program? If yes, how referrals work now with Carrytel? What benefits do they give to both clients: a current subscriber and a prospective one?

How they are holding speeds during pick times? Any problems with their current service? Is it truly unlimited, blocking any sites?
Speed is consistant as promised. It is unlimited and they do not block any sites. I was original assigned a US IP and it gave me some problem downloading some content. It was automatically switched to a Canadian IP 3 weeks later and everthing is fine now.

The referral works easy. You will be assigned a unique code as a existing customer and your friend can use that code to order the service.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6486 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
I'm with eBox now paying $34/mo. including tax.

I think I'm getting around 10Mb/sec. on their high-speed cable. I don't have unlimited usage, but never go over anyhow. Have maybe 200GB or something.

Looks like I can get more speed and unlimited usage from this one for around the same price. Has anyone made a switch from eBox? Any comments? Would eBox price match to keep customers?
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
Just keep in mind guys, this thread is ONLY about VDSL offer. There is a separate thread on Carrytel Cable offer. My above questions are only about VDSL. Is the speed 50/10 during pick times 6pm-to-12am? Who is backbone provider for VDSL?

Can the OP add a link to Carrytel Cable thread on RFD to the 1st post, so folks don't mix up experiences and offers on VDSL and Cable lines?
Last edited by arnycus on Jun 8th, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3220 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:29 pm

I think I'm getting around 10Mb/sec. on their high-speed cable. I don't have unlimited usage, but never go over anyhow. Have maybe 200GB or something.

Looks like I can get more speed and unlimited usage from this one for around the same price. Has anyone made a switch from eBox? Any comments? Would eBox price match to keep customers?
If you are happy with you current service, just stay with eBox as you may not enjoy the extra speed and bandwidth from CarryTel. You should call eBox and let them know your plan to leave and see what they can offer.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3220 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
arnycus wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:53 pm
Just keep in mind guys, this thread is ONLY about VDSL offer. There is a separate thread on Carrytel Cable offer. My above questions are only about VDSL. Is the speed 50/10 during pick times 6pm-to-12am? Who is backbone provider for VDSL?

Can the OP add a link to Carrytel Cable thread on RFD to the 1st post, so folks don't mix up experiences and offers on VDSL and Cable lines?
They run on Bell's network.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3074 posts
530 upvotes
arnycus wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:53 pm

I switched to Carrytel about two weeks ago to their 25M Fibe service. Speed and service has been stable and consistently hitting 25M, as advertised.
Oct 27, 2016
387 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
Inno wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:29 pm

im with ebox too, 30MB unlimited but around 60per month including taxes. they only price match for 2months, after that they dont care. im switching to carrytel cable this weekend, but still have my ebox just in case. YMMV though with ebox
[removed]
Apr 9, 2007
104 posts
96 upvotes
Been with carrytel for a year now, was on 25/10, switched to 50. Can vouch for minimal outages and good speeds. One note for the 50mbps, they will e-mail you after you purchase it and make it clear that you won't always hit 50mbps and under their policy anything over 40mbps is considered adequate.

I live in Etobicoke and get a solid 49-50mbps, and I haven't noticed any slowdowns that weren't fixed with a modem reset. The modem is garbage though, but it's okay if you put it in bridge mode.
Mar 8, 2017
49 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
I've had the 25M service for about a year, and I haven't had any issues.

I've been using the modem in bridge mode and my own router.
Aug 22, 2013
6 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm if certain sites are blocked when using their FTTN service?
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
When you subscribe, do they offer some free cancellation days so you can test their service? Suppose, you already have VDSL sub with another provider. Can you keep both subs using the same VDSL modem, just with different login and password? This would allow to test the new sub without cancelling the previous one.

Also, do they transfer your existing sub, or you have to call and cancel? Can you opt to call and cancel the existing sub instead of transfer?

Another question, what a VDSL tech will do at your place, if you already have a VDSL sub right now, and will use the same modem, which is already working OK?

Once you subscribe, can you upgrade to a higher VDSL sub: from 25/10 to 50/10, or downgrade? Any fee for that?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3220 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
azcanize wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 4:03 pm
Can anyone confirm if certain sites are blocked when using their FTTN service?
Have not heard of it. Actually I have used many ISPs and all are fine. Why a website wants to block a certain ISP?
Carry Tel Internet