Expired Hot Deals

[Carrytel] [Carrytel] [ON] Carrytel FTTN Internet service 50M/$39.99, 25M/$34.99, 15M/$29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 8:30 pm
Apr 12, 2017
12 posts
arnycus wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 7:21 pm
Even within initial 7 days free trial? What if a person cancels the initially selected plan and decides to go for a higher VDSL plan, supported by the same modem? Or wise-versa, if they see the actual speeds supported by their modem don't reach 50/10? Can they wave plan change fee in such case? Is there a way to setup a temp Carrytel acc just to test the service before subscribing to it? I know some providers allow it.

This plan has no contract. Does this mean, a person can also cancel anytime? If yes, what's the difference between cancelling during the 7-day free trial and after that? IN which case they will return installation fee?
If your address is eligible for 50/10 (i.e. you're close enough to a 7330 or a Stinger), then it is on Bell to provide a 50/10 connection. Otherwise, your address wouldn't be eligible. If you're a 7330, you'll get full 50/10 speeds. If you're a Stinger, you might see 90% of the speed on download and upload might max at 8 i.e. roughly 45/8. I don't think you can setup a temporary Carrytel account because they would have to upgrade your line first.

If you cancel after the 7-day free trial, you'll have to pay the installation + the remaining month.
Apr 16, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
Top notch isp
Literally NEVER had to talk to these people aside from my initial phone call to order over a year ago.
Can't say enough good things.
Referred a friend. Same story. Always works never any issue
Routing is amazing never had pings so low. Really hoping they don't switch off cogent to appease a few retards who support piracy. Also you geniuses think those warz sites aren't full of viruses? Give your head a shake
Jun 7, 2007
717 posts
243 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dave459 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 1:02 am
Internet still slow here too 3rd night now
Try rebooting your modem. It worked for me. I also tried a couple times because the initial first few reboots didn't resolve my speed issue.
Jun 29, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
The internet was down from 0:45AM to 0:57AM on Jun 07 based on the record from ASUS router.
Mar 3, 2009
221 posts
8 upvotes
The only problem with Carrytel is that they block torrent download. When I was with Ebox, I don't have any problem. Now I can't download anything.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
sa_wood wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 10:52 am
Now I can't download anything.
On cable or fttn (this thread)? From what particular torrent sides? It doesn't sound true when you post it that way without any limits, as its not supported by posts of most other subscribers.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3226 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
sa_wood wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 10:52 am
The only problem with Carrytel is that they block torrent download. When I was with Ebox, I don't have any problem. Now I can't download anything.
I have similar issues xwhen I had their service for the first 3 weeks with US IP. Then I got a Canadian IP automatically and all problems are gone.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12365 posts
2900 upvotes
RFD
Anyone in Brampton have CarryTel and can share their experiences? I'm on Ebox but I'd like to up my upload speed and have a slightly lower cost. Just don't know if there's many issues with CarryTel
Mar 3, 2009
221 posts
8 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 11:20 am
I have similar issues xwhen I had their service for the first 3 weeks with US IP. Then I got a Canadian IP automatically and all problems are gone.
My ip is canadian but the torrent download is totally blocked. I try to set up VPN but It doesn't. I am thinking to switch back to Ebox now.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3226 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
sa_wood wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 11:53 am
My ip is canadian but the torrent download is totally blocked. I try to set up VPN but It doesn't. I am thinking to switch back to Ebox now.
My VPN worked when I had downloading issues.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jan 11, 2009
459 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
carrytel DSL has been crap the last 5 days - they put out a notice 3 days ago and nothings changed....i would wait and see how this unfolds before signing up.
Jan 11, 2009
459 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 1:45 pm
Try rebooting your modem. It worked for me. I also tried a couple times because the initial first few reboots didn't resolve my speed issue.
rebooting a modem is not going to change anything - they acknowledged a problem and still havent fixed it. this is my current speed ...its not usable
Untitled.png
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
sa_wood wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 11:53 am
My ip is canadian but the torrent download is totally blocked.
Cogent USA blocked some torrent sites in the past - they are Carrytel's cable carrier. You are posting on purpose offtopic in the wrong thread about Carrytel FTTN service with Bell Canada carrier - they don't block any torrents, its illegal in Canada. Post in Carrytel cable thread to avoid spamming reports to mods.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3080 posts
533 upvotes
Currently experiencing slow speeds, around 5Mbps on 25M Fibe.