Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Carrytel

Cogeco Unlimited 60M plan with $240 cash back, Rogers Unlimited 75M plan at $34.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:03 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Keepcalm wrote: Hi,

I am trying to help out a friend and what to know how is Carrytel 70M/10 cable service is in Mississauga area?
How is the speed during peek and off-peek hours?
Is the speed and reliability of the connection stable and consistent?

Please share your experience.

Thank you.
Your friend should just sign up and test it. Since is no contract.
Finding someone to post speed test from Mississauga
Won’t mean your friend will get the same thing.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Jun 10, 2002
137 posts
162 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: I think the only difference is the modem.
Maybe your signal is too strong? But old modem could handle it?
I had Rogers installed in my office. After the install technician left. Speed test was good. But a few minutes later technician came back and said your signal is too strong. And installled an adapter filter to bring down the signal a little.
Are you using any signal booster ? (Ones with power adapter)
And which router are you using ?
Thanks for trying to help, Keigotw! Grinning Face No signal booster. Router is Apple Express. Yes, the only difference is the modem. I started a smokeping test from DSL Reports last night, the avg. packet loss is about 2.5% for the past 12 hours. Not sure if that is acceptable or not?
Apr 25, 2006
425 posts
199 upvotes
Ontario
Is there any way to get the RFD deal for the 120Mbps internet through Cogeco instead of the 60Mbps?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Dohboy wrote: Is there any way to get the RFD deal for the 120Mbps internet through Cogeco instead of the 60Mbps?
They are not promoting 120Mbps
So no
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
Any latest Cogeco Carrytel deals?
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a positive experience with carrytel support- my Netflix was streaming slowly, and they answered phone promptly and told me to do hard reset of my TP Link modem with a paper clip, which solved the problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Bull Dog wrote: Just had a positive experience with carrytel support- my Netflix was streaming slowly, and they answered phone promptly and told me to do hard reset of my TP Link modem with a paper clip, which solved the problem.
Next time, try reboot modem first, because ISP may require a certain version of firmware in order to make the modem working properly.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
rui wrote: Next time, try reboot modem first, because ISP may require a certain version of firmware in order to make the modem working properly.
Thanks for the advice. Rebooting by unplugging and plugging in the modem didn't solve the problem, but the hard reset with paper clip did. Next time I will do the reboot first, and reset second if that doesn't work, as you suggested.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone having IP Issues with these guys? In the sense, that your IP Is not located in Canada?

There's a whole whack of websites I can't go on because they don't think I'm in Ontario. CarryTel was no help what so ever and they said they can't do anything.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Anyone having IP Issues with these guys? In the sense, that your IP Is not located in Canada?

There's a whole whack of websites I can't go on because they don't think I'm in Ontario. CarryTel was no help what so ever and they said they can't do anything.
Is it saying that you live in the USA? I wish it was that easy. Some people pay good money to fake that.

You can use a VPN to change to Canada. I'm sure there are lots of free ones available since no one wants to fake a canadian ip.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote: Is it saying that you live in the USA? I wish it was that easy. Some people pay good money to fake that.

Uou can use a VPN to change to Canada. I'm sure there are lots of free ones available since no one wants to fake a canadian ip.
United Kingdom previously, at the moment I have no idea. I just know, it doesn't think I'm in Canada.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Btw just a heads up this discount is going to end soon for whoever managed to get it. I think mine is done in October.

I wonder if they have anymore deals?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote: Btw just a heads up this discount is going to end soon for whoever managed to get it. I think mine is done in October.

I wonder if they have anymore deals?
I didn't think this was a time limited discount. Regular price is much the same anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Bull Dog wrote: I didn't think this was a time limited discount. Regular price is much the same anyways.
$240 cashback promo was in the form of $10 off/month for 2years
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote: $240 cashback promo was in the form of $10 off/month for 2years
That was for Cogeco, the Rogers deal was about 5.00 less a month I think.