• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2017 10:41 am
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
494 posts
176 upvotes
GTA - Gwill

Carrytel modem Technicolor TC4300 - access

Just got this modem for them and cannot access the modem interface. They said that they didn't change the passwords/ID but using a few combos ... admin, password, blanks ... I still cannot access the interface. One suggestion from them is to hard reset the modem but I don't want to lose any preinstall setup that they did as this is my only connection to the internet. My previous experience is with a DSL modem where I was using PPPoE (that needed to be installed onto the modem to work). For cable internet is it only using MAC address to verify user? If so then, a hard reset sounds about right. If they installed a certificate on the modem ... then that reset isn't the right answer. Thanks for your input.
2 replies
Feb 8, 2015
65 posts
10 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Modem is locked by whoever the underlying cable line/network provider is - Shaw, Rogers, etc. You do not need access to the modem and you shouldn't care to access it. After modem powered up, it would lock to the first mac that talks to it. Just powercycle the modem if you're hooking up a different router behind the modem so it would reconize it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8651 posts
1790 upvotes
London
+1 above, you don't need to access cable modem as there are really nothing much for you to tweak. cable internet uses the modem mac address to id your service and that's about it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)