Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Carrytel

(ON/Rogers) 75M/150M UNLTD internet $24.99/75M (1st ,12mth)/ [$39.99/150M (1st ,12mth)]NO INSTALL FEE, FREE MODEM RENTAL

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2020 10:35 pm
Apr 21, 2018
10 posts
17 upvotes

Very happy. Just installed and this is my initial speed test!
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for your help, I will try again later tonight.
(i tried once disable residential gateway on the CGN3 modem and it seems like it couldn't connect with my own router even though I had ethernet cable running between them)
Keigotw wrote: ⬆ advantage

you don't set the router to bridge mode, you set the CGN3 to bridge mode (log in to modem and disable " residential gateway")

your WRT160N router would be set to "Automatic Configuration - DHCP' if you are using with Teksavvy already then nothing to change
Aug 13, 2006
498 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know when does this deal expire? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Zenphic wrote: Anyone know when does this deal expire? Thanks!
Someone mention end of June. But still alive
So no one knows
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Aug 13, 2006
498 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: Someone mention end of June. But still alive
So no one knows
Thanks for the information.

I'm still undecided between CarryTel and EBOX. I'm moving from Quebec into my new apartment in Ontario. For the price though, CarryTel is hard to beat.

I might put in an order just in case then. Anyone know what's the shortest recommended delay for installation dates? I'm moving on July 21st ish.
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
I got the setup working with bridge mode now with my own router. Wired connection is perfect so far based on half day testing 75/10.

But it seems like I'm having trouble with inconsistent slow wifi speeds even though I'm testing it right next to it. ( it was fine previously without bridge mode on teksavvy)

I am guessing this is a limitation problem from my old WRT160N router?
redflagkiller wrote: Thanks for your help, I will try again later tonight.
(i tried once disable residential gateway on the CGN3 modem and it seems like it couldn't connect with my own router even though I had ethernet cable running between them)
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
redflagkiller wrote: But it seems like I'm having trouble with inconsistent slow wifi speeds even though I'm testing it right next to it. ( it was fine previously without bridge mode on teksavvy)

Yup, time for a new router.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
redflagkiller wrote:
One of the worst modem I have ever had.I throw it away and bought Asus RT-56U. Never been happier!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
redflagkiller wrote: Thanks guys will buy new router and report back
newegg-ebay-asus-certified-refurbished- ... 9-2205309/
Oct 6, 2008
401 posts
108 upvotes
bolton, ont
if u need it for wifi distance, AC86U
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
vincom wrote: if u need it for wifi distance, AC86U
Or Asus AiMesh
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 30, 2006
428 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Is the $34.99 deal done? Checked their website, the price is now $39.99. It would be great if someone can confirm. Thanks
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
fakejordan wrote: Is the $34.99 deal done? Checked their website, the price is now $39.99. It would be great if someone can confirm. Thanks
deal still on
you need to use OP link https://www.carrytel.ca/3mfree.aspx
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 30, 2006
428 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
I see it. Can't find anywhere to proceed with ordering. When I click order on the top right, it goes into their general pricing without this deal. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
fakejordan wrote: I see it. Can't find anywhere to proceed with ordering. When I click order on the top right, it goes into their general pricing without this deal. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
Seems now you need to share this deal on your facebook page to unlock the "order" button.

Capture.JPG
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
fakejordan wrote: I see it. Can't find anywhere to proceed with ordering. When I click order on the top right, it goes into their general pricing without this deal. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
looks like they added this on the bottom
"Share this deal with your friends to unlock it

Use button below to share our deals with your friends to unlock it"

you have to click on that
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 30, 2006
428 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Yea lol. I called CS to was told the same thing. Smart marketing strategy. Hope they don't go out of business ... under selling Rogers.
Jul 4, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Everyone, I registered today just to respond to this post as this post got me to sign up with them, here is my experiences since sign up, no complain until today. This is my first post and rather long, I apologize and thanks for reading.

I've signed up with this deal mid June, and the installation was quite fast, the first tech didn't show on Saturday for installation for some reason, I thought they don't have to show up and I plugged in modem on Sunday and it doesn't work, so I called back to ask why and they informed me that it is known that Rogers tech sometimes simply didn't show up, so she helped me to re-scheduled on Monday, which I have to take half day off for that, and she told me that she can't confirm the schedule at that time and she'll call me back to confirm. I waited until about half an hour before their office hour of tech support, but there's no call back, no big deal I just called back and ask if the schedule is confirmed for Monday as I take half day for the installation, the tech came Monday, and all he needs to do is just to connect the cable to his computer to test signal, and that's it, everything take less than 5 minutes. So I assume as someone mentioned earlier, Rogers need to sent someone there so they can charge CarryTel.

I recently started to play FPS game, with Distributel 1M up 25M down it worked fine, but since Distributel raised my plan price to almost 60 dollars last month, I decided to move away. After the new modem was up and running with CarryTel, I noticed that I start to lose fight more and sometimes gets disconnections from server mid game, which means you would lose your achievement that game, and I notice sometimes when I shoot, there's a small delay when hitting the target, even in very close range, and it sometimes ends up somewhere I didn't aim, and sometimes worst that I would wrap to where I was 3 seconds ago. Besides that I have 2 total internet disconnection for 2 hours and another 45 minutes so I researched and find out that it is due to CGN-3 having PUMA 6 chip (the gaming part). Then I searched online for possible fix and found that they allow you to use your own modem, so I thought "Ok, no big deal, get a modem without PUMA 6 chip and it should be fine". I was being too naive.

I called CarryTel today and asked about if they have a different modem that I can switch to so this problem would go away. The answer from the technical support staff was "No, you cannot switch modem as we do not have any other ones available". Then I asked if I could spend money out of my own pocket and get a modem that works with them that doesn't use PUMA 6 chip, the answer is "No, you cannot". So I asked her to elaborate why, but she cannot give me an answer, so I ask her to sent my call to his manager so I could find out more since I can't get details from her. About 5 minutes later, a guy answered, I repeated all my questions, same answer from him, and later he provided that they have contract with Rogers that they CANNOT allow anyone sign up with this deal to use their own modem, however if I like, I can choose their BYOM plan that you can use your own modem, which means forfeit the deal and take their normal priced plan for 39.99.

When I told him that I remembered that few month ago, they have different modem that offered for this same plan (with a little higher price), can I switch to those if any of them decide to return the modem. The manager said no, all current modem of that modem is reserved for customers that have problem with that previous modem offered.

Seriously?? I'm a customer currently suffered from a known defect of CGN-3 modem, CarryTel have no other brand of modem for me to switch to to fix this issue, I offered to purchase my own modem to fix this issue, and also to save them the cost of the CGN-3 rental that they offered me for free, they still decline that. HOWEVER what they can do is, to make you SWITCH away from this deal and pay 39.99 normal price so I can also spend extra money to get my own modem, while they save $$ from modem rental cost. This sounds more like they use this deal to lure people in, and they have problem, pay more or suffer for it, for this known defective CGN-3 modem.

I also mentioned that I do not see any BYOM mentioned ANYWHERE on their website, nor in this posted deal page, I've saved both pages as evidence, as what he claimed that the plan I signed up doesn't say it is a "BYOM" plan, so I have to use their modem. Which means "ANYTHING THEY DID NOT SAY IN THEIR PLAN, THEY CAN ADD ACCORDINGLY WHEN THEY SEE FIT" wow..... Go check their pages guys, there's nowhere mentioned BYOM, nor "bring your own modem".

What I don't get is why they INSIST that I can't use my own modem for this plan, and have to pay extra to use my own modem, they same money not having to give me a modem to use, isn't it? Or are they actually want to keep that $49 deposit? As it is more useful to them?

I'm serious puzzled, from this post I thought they are good local ISP aside from big 3, but today's experience makes me think otherwise, what do they gain from having us to use CGN-3? So they/rogers can disconnect us anytime when there's high Internet traffic when it is needed,

I know it is tough for local ISP to fight with the big 3 as they don't play fair most of the times, but this kind of "customer service" where customer offer to take money out of their own pocket to fix an issue that CarryTel cannot fix, and yet they refused giving wild and weird reason, is beyond my comprehension.

After this post I'm gonna complain to CCTS and CRTC provide the web pages I saved and their site, where nowhere have BYOM mentioned that they so eagerly enforced. I by no means want to cause them trouble, but I called and asked but they did not give me a good reason to believe what they claimed.

For any FPS gamers, stay away from this deal, as they locked you into CGN-3 modem that would cause you issue, for others that browse and streaming only, this is a pretty good deal.

PS: The bridge mode and network card settings tweak only help a little bit, the the problem is still there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)