• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2014 7:04 pm
[OP]
Apr 3, 2010
4 posts
toronto

CARS R US AUTO WHOLESALERS or Premium Car Wholesale

Hello
has any one pruchased a car from CARS R US AUTO WHOLESALERS (Toronto) or PREMIUM CARS WHOLESALE (newmarket)
want to gauge your experience as I have been looking at their website but not sure
any advice is most helpfull
Thanks
Alec
53 replies
Jan 10, 2006
496 posts
208 upvotes
Visited Premium when they firsted moved from their prior location in the GTA to Newmarket....very nice looking vehicles and at decent prices ....at the time, they were only carrying U.S Vehicles....that was just enough info to activate my Spidy senses so I walked away.
Aug 13, 2004
288 posts
2 upvotes
anyone else dealing with this place?

Im seeing some pretty crazy prices

Do they still sell US cars?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10514 posts
1946 upvotes
rodneyc8063 wrote: anyone else dealing with this place?

Im seeing some pretty crazy prices

Do they still sell US cars?
is there anything wrong with US cars??
Mar 12, 2010
2 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking for an Audi with fairly low kilometers, and phoned them beforehand about an Audi A4 they had on their website. Tony, the salesman, assured me that it was not a misprint.

So I made time to travel up to 3711 KEELE ST NORTH YORK, ON M3J 1N1

Well low and behold, the said car had very high mileage. I suspect the car didn't exist to begin with. The old 'bait and switch' oldest car sales trick in the book.

I was very upset and asked where the car was (showed Tony the printed article) and his reply "we have cars here".

If they lie to you to get you to the showroom, chances are they will lie to about the history, etc.

STAY AWAY FROM CARS 'R' US. BEWARE.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2007
1391 posts
1077 upvotes
Cars-r-Us: I asked for a Used Vehicle Information Package for a vehicle, but the owner (Arman) didn't even know what it was. Aren't dealers suppose to provide them?
Feb 17, 2009
609 posts
28 upvotes
Brockville
Premium has some insane deals for a 2010 camry with that low k's something is up or maybe it is that good a deal - i dont get whats wrong with US cars either esp with toyotas as the warranty is transferable
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6179 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cars that are underpriced or priced below market value often have flaws, repairs, or issues that warrant that price.

No one anywhere makes money selling used cars for less than market value. No one. The cars will need reconditioning in some way shape or form with the exception of a few that are fine. The majority of them will be horrible shape.
--
I like detailing cars!
Nov 6, 2009
616 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
There is No free lunch :lol:
Sep 25, 2005
431 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
Zero Hope wrote: Cars-r-Us: I asked for a Used Vehicle Information Package for a vehicle, but the owner (Arman) didn't even know what it was. Aren't dealers suppose to provide them?
Used Vehicle Information Packages are only used in private sales, not in Dealer to consumer sales. It is mandatory for a private sale. You can always ask a dealer for a Carproof or Carfax report, or run your own reports from their websites.
Publisher - CanadianAutoNews.ca
Manager - Autodome Ltd
"Life is chiefly service" - Paramahansa Yogananda
Jul 9, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Someone asked a really good questions regarding US vehicles and I'm wondering the same thing.

What's wrong with US vehicles if the price is what someone can afford and they're looking at keeping the car? PM me your thoughts as a friend of mine owns a dealership that purchases a few cars from the US. He does great but keep seeing negative comments and complaints about dealerships selling US cars.

Thanks
Apr 26, 2004
975 posts
58 upvotes
Thornhill
I have a US car. My mechanic said I made a mistake even I saved thousands on it. When it needed new muffler we ordered it from several places and none fit the car. Apparently, US cars somewhat different from Canadian (I think not all of them though), so there is a small chance that something would not fit. That was muffler and it was adjusted to fit my car, but what if it was not a muffler? So, I'm discouraged to buy US made cars for now
offsitetraffic wrote: Someone asked a really good questions regarding US vehicles and I'm wondering the same thing.

What's wrong with US vehicles if the price is what someone can afford and they're looking at keeping the car? PM me your thoughts as a friend of mine owns a dealership that purchases a few cars from the US. He does great but keep seeing negative comments and complaints about dealerships selling US cars.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8871 posts
1363 upvotes
e1e0n wrote: I have a US car. My mechanic said I made a mistake even I saved thousands on it. When it needed new muffler we ordered it from several places and none fit the car. Apparently, US cars somewhat different from Canadian (I think not all of them though), so there is a small chance that something would not fit. That was muffler and it was adjusted to fit my car, but what if it was not a muffler? So, I'm discouraged to buy US made cars for now
what Car do you have?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
126 upvotes
GTA
With my accord I experienced the same thing. Being a US car, Canadian brake pads don't work, at least on this specific model. After numerous trial an error shots because back in '08 nobody knew why the Canadian brake pads wouldn't fit, the car ended up using the brake pads off a Canadian Honda Pilot.
Jul 26, 2005
4 posts
Looking to purchase an RX350 from Premiumcarwholesale in Newmarket. They claim to move 30+ a month.
They are all U.S. vehicles, however all RX350s in 2008+ are manufactured in Ontario. Warranty I'm told is fully transferable.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Simon
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1967 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Did a google search and read the complaints so I decided to stay away.
I Just purchased last week a RX350 but from a Lexus dealer and I feel more confident, I'm picking it up this weekend.
They provided a carfax report of accident free car, no minor claim, all servicing records which was done on time through them.

I have the remaining warranty left and they are offering a 30 day dealer warranty.

I also had them put a walk away clause if I'm not happy at the time of pick-up.

Cheers and good luck!
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Jul 26, 2005
4 posts
Thanks for the info. I wasn't able to find anything really through Google searching unfortunately.
I was looking at their '08's - fully loaded - with around the equivelant of 40-50,000kms. I figure they're still under bumper to bumper and around 30,000 CAD, very tempting
Also hearing that the parts on US models are the same as CAD except the US models have a US-available only mayday system which is a sunglass holster in CAN vehicles.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1967 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
I was trying to keep within my budget so it was patient and did a lot of research. I was looking into purchasing in the states but the dollar wasn't great. I ended up paying a little over 31.5k OTR with my 1999, close to 400k Benz trade in.

Picking it up tomorrow, it is a Canadian truck not that American truck is any less. It has higher kilometers, but it was leased and properly maintained with all records.

We only drive about 13k a year so not a big deal. I was also looking at JP motors with 65k but base model.

Cheers and good luck!
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!