Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2119 posts
659 upvotes

Case closed.

Case closed. Tint replaced. Manufacturer authorized a refund.
37 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35617 posts
21673 upvotes
Center of Universe
Soap residue that dried and trapped between the window and tint?
Jul 6, 2008
607 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Poor quality tinting, where was this done?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1495 upvotes
Montreal
just looks dirty to me. I know you said you cleaned it, but it does not look clean.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4317 upvotes
looks like they forgot to clean the windows
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2119 posts
659 upvotes
I've cleaned the windows, both inside and outside, myself multiple times, including using soap+water and amonia free glass cleaner with proper microfiber towel.

Notice how the haziness is so consistent throughout the window, if it was a dirtiness issue it would have been random spots no?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4318 posts
1806 upvotes
After 2 months of waiting... well, it is not going to go away.

I would ask the tint shop what they think about it. Do they know of any solutions?

As you said, the hazy / milkiness is so even that appears to be the quality of the film itself, not the application.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18858 posts
6903 upvotes
Toronto
Go back to the shop and tell them to redo the tint. Looks like a crap job on the tint.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2119 posts
659 upvotes
To all,

Believe it or not this is not a $99 tint job. This is a top of the line film that i paid $300+ plus. Definitely disappointed, i am having it removed and reinstalling another brand of film later this week.
However i dont want to expose the name of the place i got it from since the owner is willing to work with me for a resolution.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29166 posts
14917 upvotes
Toronto
the installer must be blind then for not checking his completed work. :D

One would think if you do this thousands of time everyday, it should not happen, esp when all the windows are like that
Sep 25, 2009
617 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
malecoke wrote: To all,

Believe it or not this is not a $99 tint job. This is a top of the line film that i paid $300+ plus. Definitely disappointed, i am having it removed and reinstalling another brand of film later this week.
However i dont want to expose the name of the place i got it from since the owner is willing to work with me for a resolution.
Why not? If the owner is honest - and can explain what happened and WHY it will NOT happened AGAIN - post the name it here and post the suggested resolution.
Will all humans - mistakes happened, we learn and professional which can assure that typical work is better than this - entitled to a free commercial ad @ RFD
"if you torture the data long enough nature will confess" Economist Ronald Coase - University of Chicago
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9598 posts
1853 upvotes
Toronto
New rice paper tint from China.

Get the good stuff next time.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19632 posts
7275 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't look right to me either
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
I think something is wrong with it.
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.
Mar 30, 2016
95 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I think the name of this place should be exposed to prevent any RFDers or friends of RFDers from going here with their vehicles.

The quality of the tints are definitely cheap and low quality...even my $60 carbon film tint for 2 front windows don't have this issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2119 posts
659 upvotes
BlackTrailhawk wrote: I think the name of this place should be exposed to prevent any RFDers or friends of RFDers from going here with their vehicles.

The quality of the tints are definitely cheap and low quality...even my $60 carbon film tint for 2 front windows don't have this issue.
It is the quality of the film that I am going after, not the tint shop or the workmanship of the installers. This tint shop has taken care of 6 vehicles, including 4 vehicles within my close social circle and all installs had been trouble free. Even this tint job was done without any flaws, it's just the film that's giving issues.