• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2022 11:04 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5553 posts
6078 upvotes
GTA
epiphano wrote: I gave Ampli a shot. I linked my credit card, made a few qualifying purchases and two weeks later, my balance was still $0. So I deactivated my account and uninstalled the app. I couldn't be bothered to contact support for 25 cents.

On a different note, I've been using Receipt Hog for a full month now and accumulated 387 coins, worth $2.38 at the highest redemption level. It's not much but it gets easier to accumulate coins starting in the 4th month.

With Ampli, if you are interested in any of their 'Brands', you can collect a lot of Cash Back. @CalgaryBen convinced me to give it a try, if you want to read some of his helpful posts:

ampli-app-cc-cash-back-boston-pizza-det ... #p34935609

On the other hand, it's been a bit slow for me on C051. However, @kiiaal told me to be patient and keep checking C051. Managed to receive $4.50 from Haagen Dazs ice cream :)

Recently, I signed up for Receipt Hog via CO51 to unlock 3 offers for $1 each. Getting a bit closer to the $20 cash out. However, maybe I will not cash out yet, since I will have to start all over again from 0!

For Receipt Hog, @epiphano, you mentioned, "gets easier to accumulate coins starting in the 4th month." Can you explain more, as not sure if I want another app to check ... and hoping am able to use RH through C051.

Cheers!
[OP]
Jun 6, 2009
960 posts
544 upvotes
Montréal
mzmoney wrote: With Ampli, if you are interested in any of their 'Brands', you can collect a lot of Cash Back. @CalgaryBen convinced me to give it a try, if you want to read some of his helpful posts:

ampli-app-cc-cash-back-boston-pizza-det ... #p34935609

On the other hand, it's been a bit slow for me on C051. However, @kiiaal told me to be patient and keep checking C051. Managed to receive $4.50 from Haagen Dazs ice cream :)

Recently, I signed up for Receipt Hog via CO51 to unlock 3 offers for $1 each. Getting a bit closer to the $20 cash out. However, maybe I will not cash out yet, since I will have to start all over again from 0!

For Receipt Hog, @epiphano, you mentioned, "gets easier to accumulate coins starting in the 4th month." Can you explain more, as not sure if I want another app to check ... and hoping am able to use RH through C051.
CO51 has been working for me because I'm not picky about the brands that I buy. I don't care if it's Kashi, Special K or Jordan's, I just like cereals. So it get the brand that gives me cash back, or better yet, the brand that gives me cash back and is on sale.

For Receipt Hog, there's a level system. You start at Level 1 and if you upload at least one receipt during any given week, you move on the next level and you get a prize. The prize for the first few levels is a shot at the hog slot, but you'll soon realize that the odds of winning anything are low. Starting at Level 12, the prize is 100 coins, and it increases every subsequent level to reach 480 coins at Level 40. That's when it becomes more lucrative. But I don't know what happens after that. Do you stay at Level 40 indefinitely? Do you keep getting a prize? Do you start all over again? I guess I'll find out in 9 months.
Last edited by epiphano on Sep 3rd, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 29, 2015
530 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Amplii is great - I remember buying some keg gift cards at TOYSRUS a couple of years ago at a fraction of the price because of the huge amplii cashback at the time. Even still, I use it and cash out a couple of dollars every once in a while.
Dec 26, 2019
754 posts
1284 upvotes
I’ve looked into as many as I could to figure which ones I could set and forget, but with the potential to make a decent return. The two I settled on are

1) Amplii. I’ve earned $20 in about 3 months. I check in once in a while to see if there are any deals that interest me, but I mostly let my earnings build up with my natural spend.

2) Drop: I’ve earned $4 over the last 2 weeks. Here, you earn gift cards (Amazon etc) instead of cash.

The only unfortunate think is my CCs get DW-linked regularity. So I just re-link the monthly and check how much $ I have.

I don’t think I’ll bother with any of the other apps that require any effort. Not worth my time.
Dec 26, 2019
754 posts
1284 upvotes
I’ve looked into as many as I could to figure which ones I could set and forget, but with the potential to make a decent return. The two I settled on are

1) Amplii. I’ve earned $20 in about 3 months. I check in once in a while to see if there are any deals that interest me, but I mostly let my earnings build up with my natural spend.

2) Drop: I’ve earned $4 over the last 2 weeks. Here, you earn gift cards (Amazon etc) instead of cash.

The only unfortunate think is my CCs get DW-linked regularity. So I just re-link the monthly and check how much $ I have.

I don’t think I’ll bother with any of the other apps that require any effort. Not worth my time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9529 posts
10823 upvotes
The Prairies
diggidydave wrote: Even still, I use it and cash out a couple of dollars every once in a while.
Really?
Minimum to cash out is $15
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9529 posts
10823 upvotes
The Prairies
diggidydave wrote: It's easy to hit the $15.
I guess if you shop at the right places.
I'm up to just under $30, and it seems it took forever to get there.

EDIT: just looked at my history, and I cashed out 44.04 January 04.
So it took me 8 months to get to $30.
Aug 2, 2021
183 posts
199 upvotes
I had sort of forgotten about the Drop app for a while.

I used to get a pretty good return a while ago when they had Starbucks as one of their main "card" offers. Just attached my CC and every time I refilled my Starbucks app I got points. Used to cash out a $25 Amazon or SB GC fairly regularly. I found the last 6-8 months things have slowed down, they changed their offers and you had to sign up or choose which offer you wanted fairly regularly. And my main CC (TD at the time) was constantly disconnecting and I didn't find it was worth the trouble to submit tickets to find 25cents worth of missing points.

But I connected my Cobalt when I started using it as my main and the other day I checked Drop and noticed my points had started to climb again.
Also noticed they have an offer right now for 60000pts ($60) when you sign up for an RBC Avion VI, which is on my upcoming list for churning anyway. Anyone taken advantage of that one?
Mar 25, 2015
858 posts
779 upvotes
Dipp is EOL on Nov 23. RIP

October 11, 2021: Last day you can earn cashback on a qualified purchase.
October 12, 2021: Minimum cash-out limit will be lowered to $0.
November 22, 2021: Last day you can cash-out your dipp balance. Cash-out is only available via Interac e-Transfer.
May 7, 2015
445 posts
224 upvotes
North York, ON
I have recently started using receiptjar it is pretty much the same as receipthog. Upload receipts for points, if you accumulate enough points it can be redeemed for gift card.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9279 posts
5105 upvotes
I am new to cashback apps and am wondering if you can use the same receipt on more than one app?
May 7, 2015
445 posts
224 upvotes
North York, ON
I am using the same receipt on both. I think it should be ok.
Jun 22, 2011
811 posts
715 upvotes
I honestly gave up on all of them. c51 barely has any worthwhile redemption, amplii is tied to strongly to the worst bank, and the other accumulate so slow that after year you still ain't got shit.
Dec 26, 2019
754 posts
1284 upvotes
For me, I’m not willing to put a lot of work in, unless I could get some serious cash back. so I tried to find a minimal effort app. The only only one that seems to work for me is Ampli. I never check it and will activate any deals that get pushed to my phone. All of my cards disconnect after a day. I just end up reconnecting every 6 months or so and collecting whatever money I have sitting there (usually around $50).
[OP]
Jun 6, 2009
960 posts
544 upvotes
Montréal
I've been using Receipt Hog for a year now and I'm still 2,500 coins away from a $40 gift card. Not worth the effort.

CO51 is still working well for me, but service has fallen off a cliff recently. I still have a receipt that's been pending for the last three weeks and the last cheque I ordered took almost two months to get to my mailbox. I don't know what's going on over there but it smells like chaos from a distance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)