Expired Hot Deals

Casper

Casper Sateen Sheets 50% off $69.50 to $109.50

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 2:07 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
4473 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks op. Ordered a king set in midnight grey. My favorite color of all the choices too.
Member
Aug 19, 2011
328 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
In for a set. Midnight gray in king was still in stock.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21362 posts
1479 upvotes
Shanghai, China
frederixx wrote: https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signatur ... 52423.html

Same price in store. They did have most colors too
Unfortunately, the queen in white isn't available online. I'm assuming it'll be available in-store?

How does this compare to Ikea's Puderviva?

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/puderviva- ... -50353023/

I kinda wish I had asked before purchasing. I just ordered it and I'm waiting for Ikea to deliver the Puderviva to my house. It's priced about the same as Costco's Kirkland.
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2015
134 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: Unfortunately, the queen in white isn't available online. I'm assuming it'll be available in-store?

How does this compare to Ikea's Puderviva?

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/puderviva- ... -50353023/

I kinda wish I had asked before purchasing. I just ordered it and I'm waiting for Ikea to deliver the Puderviva to my house. It's priced about the same as Costco's Kirkland.
The IKEA sheets are linen. Totally different. FYI they'll feel rough until you wash them a few times.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21362 posts
1479 upvotes
Shanghai, China
wrenkin wrote: The IKEA sheets are linen. Totally different. FYI they'll feel rough until you wash them a few times.
I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. What's the difference? Are you saying the Costco Kirland is better?
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2015
134 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. What's the difference? Are you saying the Costco Kirland is better?
“Better” is subjective. Linen provides a coarser fibre than cotton. The sheets will therefore have a lower thread count, and be much more breathable. The fabric is also slightly bumpy, so it won’t stick to your skin. Together, this means linen is great for hot weather. However, some people prefer very smooth, high thread count cotton sheets because they enjoy the silky feeling.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21362 posts
1479 upvotes
Shanghai, China
wrenkin wrote: “Better” is subjective. Linen provides a coarser fibre than cotton. The sheets will therefore have a lower thread count, and be much more breathable. The fabric is also slightly bumpy, so it won’t stick to your skin. Together, this means linen is great for hot weather. However, some people prefer very smooth, high thread count cotton sheets because they enjoy the silky feeling.
Gotcha. The reviews for the Ikea Puderviva seem to be pretty good. I forgot to mention earlier that I felt the fabric at Ikea as they have samples out. I don't know what to really make out of it since I can't really test it at the store. It felt fine and I got tired of searching for more options so I just bought it online. I'm assuming Costco won't have any samples for me to feel? I get your point that it's subjective, but for both hot and cold weather, which one would you go with? I wonder what Costco's return policy is. I wouldn't mind buying one to try out. I really wish Ikea would have the Puderviva in white. I would just call it a day then.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
4473 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
Rakuten paid out quickly. Surprisingly, the return on a king set of sheets was $6.57 meaning they the calculated the return based on the full price.
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2007
803 posts
800 upvotes
Montr
Sgt_Strider wrote: Unfortunately, the queen in white isn't available online. I'm assuming it'll be available in-store?

How does this compare to Ikea's Puderviva?

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/puderviva- ... -50353023/

I kinda wish I had asked before purchasing. I just ordered it and I'm waiting for Ikea to deliver the Puderviva to my house. It's priced about the same as Costco's Kirkland.
Yes, they have them in store. Check online otherwise, it changes everyday.

As for Ikea, they are pretty rough sheets. Not for everyone. Personally, i think Costco is the best deal. You can return them if you don't like them and it comes with 6 pieces (flat, fitted, 4 shams)
Newbie
Feb 9, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
I'm no expert but am very happy with these - ordered the midnight gray ones a couple weeks ago to replace an old cheap set that was pilling and they feel nice. Might try out percale next but the percale colours on sale currently aren't my thing
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
4473 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
I've had the Casper percale sheets and duvet cover for about a year and love them. Been curious to try these, so the deal worked out great.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21362 posts
1479 upvotes
Shanghai, China
frederixx wrote: Yes, they have them in store. Check online otherwise, it changes everyday.

As for Ikea, they are pretty rough sheets. Not for everyone. Personally, i think Costco is the best deal. You can return them if you don't like them and it comes with 6 pieces (flat, fitted, 4 shams)
Interesting and it does seem like the better deal, but I don't know if I need 4 pillowcases. Ikea's set seems to come with 2 pillowcases. I do like the idea of breathability. Won't the Costco Kirkland be warmer and better for winter weather since it has a higher thread count? I guess I'll test both Costco and Ikea since they have very good return policies for the sheets. I do remember the Ikea Puderviva is rougher, but I wouldn't say that it's rough in a bad way.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
841 posts
601 upvotes
Country of manufacture is something I consider more than thread count. Bought king sheets made in portugal at homesense for same price and happy with them. Comparable price Chinese sheets looked noticeably inferior
Jr. Member
Feb 25, 2017
159 posts
126 upvotes
BC
Thanks for this. Been looking for new sheets for several weeks now; these seem like a decent deal, esp. with IKEA being OOS for months and not trusting BB&B reviews. Bought a set of sateen and percale sheets. Might keep just one or both; we'll see!
Jr. Member
Jul 29, 2015
151 posts
160 upvotes
Saskatoon
I have a sheet set from Costco, but I'm not sure if they are the Kirkland ones everyone is talking about. I love them. They look new 8 months in and are super slippery. If I wear my pair of thieves I can butt slide across the whole bed like people do on the hood of their cars LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2301 posts
128 upvotes
Looks like the sale is over. All the items appear to be back at full price now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5098 posts
976 upvotes
I'm waiting for delivery of a queen mattress and since I had a double bed before, I need new sheets like now. So, just to confirm, it looks like the Costco Kirkland Signature 680 sheets are the best bet in term of quality? Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1082 posts
752 upvotes
Gtown ON
+1 for Ikea 100% cotton sheets. Bought a few sets 5 years ago, maybe more, still using them, and see no need to replace them. They went through quite a few washes each and hold up very well. They were $40-$50 per set if I remember correctly.

Top