Computers & Electronics

Casting and getting dual audio (maybe a remote desktop app?)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2019 5:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2655 posts
1088 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.

Casting and getting dual audio (maybe a remote desktop app?)

We have an android box and a computer in our bedroom and a Chromecast on a TV in our kitchen. Using our computer, we're able to cast the desktop and get audio on what's casting in both the bedroom and the kitchen via the Chromecast in the kitchen. But we haven't figured out how we can cast both audio and video signals with the android box to both the TV in the bedroom and the Chromecast in the kitchen at the same time. The Google Home app (even though it says it's casting the desktop) doesn't give us what we're looking for. Nor does the Chrome browser on the android box. There is no setting I can find on the android box that addresses this. We're trying to figure out a solution to this other than using a different version of the same app at the same time on the Chromecast in the kitchen and on the android box in the bedroom. Which wouldn't be casting obviously.

Can anyone think of a solution? I'm wondering if a second Chromecast in the android box would do something, but it's kind of moot as the box has a single HDMI port and it's in use with the TV. Any possible solutions would be appreciated!
Last edited by TheHans on Apr 7th, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
2 replies
Dec 12, 2015
58 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Think you just need to create a group for them in the google home app, then that group should show up in the list of chromcast receivers and you should be able to send to it from any devices that supports sending to chromecast audio devices
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2655 posts
1088 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Does anyone know if I could use a remote desktop like TeamViewer to do what I want as per my OP? So I'd play whatever on the android box and then mirror it to the kitchen TV with the Chromecast using TeamViewer. I know that's not what the app's designed to do, but wouldn't that theoretically work? Does anyone who uses TeamViewer know if it also mirror casts the audio from the source and allows the audio to play in both locations?
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post