• Sep 16th, 2020 5:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
683 posts
27 upvotes
Courtice

Cat adoption

I am thinking of adopting a cat. I have the perfect home and would take great care of him/her. I am just worried about vacations. I live alone. Would it be enough for someone to come in once a day to feed, change litter box and spend a bit of time with him/her. I would not want to stress the cat out.

Thank you
4 replies
Jul 4, 2009
976 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga area
I think having someone come in once a day to feed them, change the cat litter and play with them should be fine for vacations of under 10 days. I've taken care of many people's cats when they go on vacation and they all told me that when they returned, their cat acted as if they never went away (which is what you want).

I have two cats and a dog myself, and when I go on vacation, I have my uncle come stay at my house, and they were are all fine. On my last vacation, it was just the cats that my uncle had to watch, so he only popped in once a day to feed them and change the cat litter and play with them for a few hours and they were fine.

So although I think it would be fine, I think its best to adopt two cats. Two cats will keep each other company, and having two cats is not that much more work than having one. Plus you'll feel less guilty about leaving them.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4653 posts
2022 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
You don't adopt or buy a cat. At very least, you pay an employment fee.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Apr 30, 2020
56 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
you could also put it in a cat hotel. depends on the cat i suppose, if your cat is really bad at adapting to new situations then it's nice to have someone come catsit, but that's not an option for everyone.