Cat breed suggestions

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2022 12:40 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10191 posts
5514 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
kittypink wrote: Are you seriously spinning yarn with cat fur?
That seems so cool. When I use to do more yarn craft, I considered spinning my own yarn, but I have too many hobbies and didn't have the room for a spinning wheel.
Not us but we gave a bag of fur (just from the vicious-looking steel comb) to a neighbour who is getting into spinning yarn and that is what she made. A right mess though (she must be covered in fur) so that's all!

The yarn is lumpy because it hasn't been carded.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10191 posts
5514 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
image0a.jpeg
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10191 posts
5514 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Neighbours came this afternoon, 2 weeks after we gave them the bag of fur. Thi is the finished product with the donours. The green is sheep wool. Ragdoll fur colouring is a great match for a Cowichan sweater.
WP_20220227_19_12_13_Pro.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1562 posts
1029 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote: Neighbours came this afternoon, 2 weeks after we gave them the bag of fur. Thi is the finished product with the donours. The green is sheep wool. Ragdoll fur colouring is a great match for a Cowichan sweater.

Frontal view of the Ragdolls please!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10191 posts
5514 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
bobohobo2kx wrote: Frontal view of the Ragdolls please!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
The neighbour who did the work washed the "wool" and final product. Said the wash water was filthy, very dark; dander (a.k.a. cat saliva) and dust and who knows what else.
Images
  • !cid_1164a1b1-76e1-4b6b-ae91-f392e356f952@namprd14_prod_outlook.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3925 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
thriftshopper - Beautiful cats! The fur is something else isn't it. We had an American Eskimo dog who died last year at 17. People on the now defunct Eskie Board used to spin the fur to make rugs, and they also used it to stuff pillows etc. What I wouldn't give to have all of his white fur now. But we do have 2 senior kitties - one being white - and he can hear much to my surprise. The other kitty is red and has very short legs whereas the white kitty has longer legs than usual.
Feb 11, 2009
465 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thriftshopper wrote: Neighbours came this afternoon, 2 weeks after we gave them the bag of fur. Thi is the finished product with the donours. The green is sheep wool. Ragdoll fur colouring is a great match for a Cowichan sweater.

They are so cute!!! :)
My Meringue say hi to the fellow ragdolls :)
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1767 posts
1890 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't want to make a thread thought I would ask here:

I was dabbling on Kijiji and found a "breeder" with a litter of Siberian Persian hybrids. I know years back it was a no no buying pets from Kijiji, does that still stand today?

My niece really likes the Garfield, orange Persian flat face type of cats. Any recommendations?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3925 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
Thorkell - Yes, it still stands, in my opinion. By the way we have a Garfield type of cat, but not a Persian and he does not have a flat face type. But he does have very short legs.
Nov 12, 2011
335 posts
247 upvotes
Bombay is definitely the way to go. Short hair and because it is black, even if they shed, it won't stand out. Do your research because a lot of people think black cat is a Bombay, which isn't true.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)