Cat food recommendations

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 10:52 pm
Jan 19, 2007
602 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Catfooddb.com

Can do your own research as big popular name brands are not necessarily good for your pet.

There are foods with really high ratings but there is an associated cost with it.
Jul 31, 2012
101 posts
19 upvotes
OTTAWA
My 11 year old cat has been on Science Diet since we adopted her at 4 months old. She eats both dry and wet. Her fur is so soft and shiny. She’s prone to bad gums so we feed the Oral version which has helped significantly. We recently adopted a 4 year old rescue. She was eating whatever inexpensive brand she got at the rescue. She came wit some of that and I gradually moved her over to science diet and her fur has improved dramatically. It was dull and course and now shiny and softer. she refuses to eat any wet food of any kind. I wish she would eat some wet food to be better hydrated but she just doesn’t show any interest at all.
I’m not saying Science Diet is the best out there, but in my experience it seems to be decent. Vets always seem happy when you mention Hills products... but I think Hills sponsors / contributes to the vet care industry....