Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cathay Pacific

Economy Class Sale: Vancouver to Hong Kong From CAD 690

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 11:07 am
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
ericw wrote: CX has been losing money and market share big time, mainly because of the competition from mainline Chinese airlines, budget airlines and Gulf airlines.
It has been a fine airline but I hope the recent cost cuttings won't lead to reduced quality.
The reduction in service has already happened with CX aping AC and going 10 seats per row which is still 9 per row on their asian leg. In a full plane , it is quite unbearable.
If you are concerned with comfort at a reasonable price, check China Airlines (Taiwan) which is flying a better airplane than CX and AC comfort wise. The price is often $100 to $150 more though but with 2x23kg checked baggage.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andreid wrote: The reduction in service has already happened with CX aping AC and going 10 seats per row which is still 9 per row on their asian leg. In a full plane , it is quite unbearable.
If you are concerned with comfort at a reasonable price, check China Airlines (Taiwan) which is flying a better airplane than CX and AC comfort wise. The price is often $100 to $150 more though but with 2x23kg checked baggage.
I’ve been stick to UA for my Asian routes for E+ and status miles. And you can usually pick NH codeshare for occasional free upgrades. Since I’m always travel for leisure I am not in a hurry I don’t mind the stops.

I do use cx for intra Asia. Mostly in C using Avios
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2390 posts
5616 upvotes
jellytime wrote: What's with the AC hate? I prefer AC over WestJet

Cathay has more space and leg room on average. I think it's like two more inches than any other carrier. And their seats recline more too.
Not really hating, I just think you just get what you pay for. Cathay costs more if I remember correctly, and they served me champagne as soon as I boarded premium economy. In comparison, AC gave me bottled water, then one of their flight attendants came around to ask what I wanted to have for my meals. I didn't get a chance to read the menu yet since I just sat down, and I couldn't understand her English very well because she's Korean. Minutes later I finally got a chance to read the menu and decided to change my meals, that's when she gave me the evil glare. The plane was still at the gate then.
Feb 25, 2015
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Great deal. Doesn't get much lower than this flying CX to be honest.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
ericw wrote: I’ve been stick to UA for my Asian routes for E+ and status miles. And you can usually pick NH codeshare for occasional free upgrades. Since I’m always travel for leisure I am not in a hurry I don’t mind the stops.

I do use cx for intra Asia. Mostly in C using Avios
If you need to stick with *A for Asian flights, EVA is much better than CX or AC.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Does this include taxes fees checked luggage? Sorry rarely fly.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dave510 wrote: If you need to stick with *A for Asian flights, EVA is much better than CX or AC.
I found EVA usually had bad connections for my routes. And TPE is far away from the city. there are usually much better connections out of NRT/HND/HKG.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
ericw wrote: I found EVA usually had bad connections for my routes. And TPE is far away from the city. there are usually much better connections out of NRT/HND/HKG.
I think if the price difference is minimal, taking a connecting flight to TSA is better.

But if not, the Evergreen Bus from TPE is very comfortable and cheap, and only takes about an hour to my stop near Zhongshan Junior High School MRT.
Jan 20, 2004
769 posts
248 upvotes
Good deal as long as you don't get arrested for extradition.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)