Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2005
102 posts
4 upvotes
West Coast

Caveau de Szechwan - Ottawa

Hi,

Can anyone please share their experiences of Caveau de Szechwan on York Street in Ottawa especially regarding their all-you-can-eat buffet?

What's on their buffet menu?

Thanks!
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
I've never heard of this place. I like a large selection when it comes to buffets (I'm picky). The one on Merivale and the one in Aylmer is pretty good for that. I wonder if this place is the same.
Aug 16, 2005
102 posts
4 upvotes
West Coast
From what I've come across, they provide you with a menu and you check off what you want and they bring it to you 'fresh' to order. If you are still hungry, you check off more items off the menu.

Thanks go leafs for that review site..

It sounds a bit different than the other buffets I've been to so I was just wondering if they have a good selection and what's on the menu...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you remember how much they charge per adult for dinner?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1369 posts
32 upvotes
Scarborough
My cousin manages the place and the food is excellent. I'm not just saying that cause he's my cousin. :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
4462 posts
4127 upvotes
Yes, if anyone can provide the lunch/ supper prices, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Aug 16, 2005
102 posts
4 upvotes
West Coast
AirBosh wrote:My cousin manages the place and the food is excellent. I'm not just saying that cause he's my cousin. :lol:

Do you mind sharing what's on the buffet menu?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
4462 posts
4127 upvotes
Saw one of their ads on Ottawa Citizen, $18 for weekdays, and $20 for weekend. And lunch and dinner are the same price. I would say pretty hefty if you ask me.
Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2489 posts
1 upvote
William W wrote:Saw one of their ads on Ottawa Citizen, $18 for weekdays, and $20 for weekend. And lunch and dinner are the same price. I would say pretty hefty if you ask me.
Its a great deal all you can eat.Where in ottawa can you go for any dinner less then $20 thats right there is no place.
Jul 11, 2003
696 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, all the buffets that I've been to are <$20 per person...

Sounds pretty interesting since to be honest, I really don't like the buffet on Merivale and DuBarry's is getting tiresome, though some of the reviews on that website are pretty disturbing.
Jan 11, 2005
509 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Speaking of DuBarry's... I am from Toronto and had tried their food acouple of times there... I noticed that the food had a particular odour/taste to it... has anyone noticed the same thing?

Draff wrote:Actually, all the buffets that I've been to are <$20 per person...

Sounds pretty interesting since to be honest, I really don't like the buffet on Merivale and DuBarry's is getting tiresome, though some of the reviews on that website are pretty disturbing.
Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2489 posts
1 upvote
Draff wrote:Actually, all the buffets that I've been to are <$20 per person...

There have been some questions come about that website.There are some who say that some posters have been paid off by certain resturants to post bad things about other resturants.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I used to eat there all the time.

Haven't been there in at least 3 years...will have to go visit there soon I think.
I just don't eat that much "chinese" food anymore (like sushi too much)

But I recall there was some cripsy spinach on the menu...very tasty!

I forget what the meat dishes were. but I recall the vegetables were super fresh in the food and there was no desert included from what I could remember.

I found the quality to be much higher than a reg chinese buffet.

I also found it much much classier as you are served at your table and the restaurant is in a nice small little house with 2 floors.

It would make a nice place for a date even!

I think you usually need reservations for dinner as I recall it is a pretty busy place.
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Bordello wrote:I've never heard of this place. I like a large selection when it comes to buffets (I'm picky). The one on Merivale and the one in Aylmer is pretty good for that. I wonder if this place is the same.
The "buffet" selection is actually pretty small for a buffet.

I thing there are less than 30 dishes in all, but they are very well prepared.

If you want a "cheap" lunch buffet weekdays downtown, try Cathay on Albert street. Albert/Bank I think.

their chinese buffet is 10 dollars and has 7 dishes. it is "north american" chinese- but I love their garlic ribs! worth it just for that!
This user has no signature! :| :| :|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)