Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jan 14, 2015
236 posts
23 upvotes

Cavs V Clippers...Your thoughts on Chris Paul's comments

[QUOTE]In case you missed it, the Clippers standout was hit with a technical against the Cavaliers Thursday night by rookie referee Lauren Holtkamp. The team was tagged with five overall.

Paul had this reaction after the game:

"The tech that I get right there was ridiculous. I don't care what nobody says. I don't care what she says; that's terrible. There's no way that can be a tech. … That's ridiculous. If that's the case, this might not be for her."

Was Paul saying that because she was female? Or was the comment because of her rookie status?[/QUOTE]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /22988661/
4 replies
Aug 24, 2008
71 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
He is a crybaby. For example last year`s playoffs.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
752 upvotes
Kobe said he is the most competitive guy he ever played against.

Its probably a tech in today's NBA.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4328 upvotes
Overblown situation. The comment was about her being a noobie referee and her lack of experience. CP3 should not have been fined.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10610 posts
4579 upvotes
Mississauga
springy wrote: Was Paul saying that because she was female? Or was the comment because of her rookie status?
Neither. Media likes to make something out of nothing to get the public activists groups all riled up. He said it simply because it wasn't and shouldn't have been a technical foul. That was pathetic.

Last time I checked, when you're referring to a person, it's perfectly common and normal to use "he" or "she". That doesn't make it about gender, that is proper usage.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)