Deal Link:
Price:
$3
Savings:
80%
Retailer:
CBC.ca
More offers from CBC.ca
Stumbled upon this deal on the CBC News website.

Subscribe to CBC Gem Premium for $3 for 3 months. With CBC Gem Premium, you can watch all CBC originals, exclusive shows, films, and pre-releases on demand, ad-free. Plus, stream CBC News Network on your phone or tablet, or on most connected TV devices.

Use the deal link and activate the coupon code NEWS at checkout. Valid for the first 500 redemptions. Subscribers will pay $1/mo for the first 3 months. Subscription will renew automatically, at a rate of $4.99/mo. Taxes extra.

Fine print regarding cancellation: You can cancel your subscription at any time by visiting https://gem.cbc.ca/account and selecting “Cancel subscription”. You will continue to have access to the premium content and features available until the end of your monthly billing period.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 26th, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
87 replies
Dec 21, 2012
266 posts
328 upvotes
Doesn't seem to be many good shows that aren't already on other platforms.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1989 posts
314 upvotes
Ontario
In - if only to support a Canadian icon. Hopefully this helps them get more funding to produce shows like Kim's Convenience and Little Mosque on the Prairie.
Mar 11, 2011
868 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
I've been a Premium member for a while so I can recommend the service. The main feature is that you get no ads (unlike the free version). For me, this is worth $5 a month. Beside the CBC offerings, they have series from other sources that never played on the tv network. Plus it lets you watch the News channel in case you don't have cable.
Last edited by 46jimbo on Jan 26th, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2018
165 posts
1732 upvotes
Mariana's Web
Great find OP!

Those who like Sherlock themed crime investigations - Murdoch Mysteries 🥳 is an excellent show !
Sep 27, 2008
809 posts
607 upvotes
Jabb wrote: In - if only to support a Canadian icon. Hopefully this helps them get more funding to produce shows like Kim's Convenience and Little Mosque on the Prairie.
+1 I like supporting the CBC and I don't mind giving them $5 per month to continue making content.
Dec 11, 2004
373 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto, ON
46jimbo wrote: I've been a Premium member for a while so I can recommend the service. The main feature is that you get no ads (unlike the free version). For me, this is worth $5 a month. Beside the CBC offerings, they have series from other sources that never played on the tv netowork. Plus it lets you watch the News channel in case you don't have cable.
Is CBC not free over the air?
Jun 5, 2007
260 posts
207 upvotes
Shangri-La
Jabb wrote: In - if only to support a Canadian icon. Hopefully this helps them get more funding to produce shows like Kim's Convenience and Little Mosque on the Prairie.
And not be running Family Feud.
Jun 25, 2017
57 posts
88 upvotes
Those who have the service, does it give access to hockey night in Canada or other hockey games ? Ofcourse ,considering regional blackouts will apply.
Dec 26, 2016
84 posts
49 upvotes
Thanks, OP! The CBC is a national treasure. I have no problem paying to support it.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 26th, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary comment on removed posts
Feb 2, 2015
446 posts
656 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Or just use the 'Try Free for 30 days' and get all the content ad-free for a month, before reverting back to all the content available with ads
[OP]
Oct 18, 2017
19 posts
104 upvotes
Agreed -- supporting Canadian media is more or less what motivated me to sign up. And as a cord cutter, it's nice to have access to a news channel at a reasonable price (and that isn't dominated by U.S. politics).
Last edited by Mapache on Jan 26th, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3710 posts
1529 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Almost stopped signing up when tax was added...
Worth a try for a buck but for $1.15 ??? Almost a deal breaker! Face With Tears Of Joy

Thanks OP!
I can't afford to save that much!
Mar 4, 2009
136 posts
37 upvotes
I think this is the only place to get all seasons of Daniel Tiger's neighbourhood. Netflix and Crave only have a season or two each. Thanks OP.
--
haven't thought of a good sig yet
Dec 5, 2004
433 posts
463 upvotes
Mapache wrote: Agreed -- supporting Canadian media is more or less what motivated me to sign up. And as a cord cutter, it's nice to have access to a news channel at a reasonable price (and that isn't dominated by U.S. politics).
The key to watching the US media channels is to realize what the Canadian media purposely misses or does not report, both at home and abroad.

Instead they focus on fluff-stories or feel-good snippets meant to fill airtime, that rightfully belong on truly local news outlets.
Sep 19, 2010
94 posts
69 upvotes
vancouver, BC
If you have pi-hole, all ads are automatically skipped in CBC Gem
Dec 5, 2004
433 posts
463 upvotes
mkaymakci wrote: If you have pi-hole, all ads are automatically skipped in CBC Gem
Interesting. One of the many benefits to RFD.
Feb 22, 2013
940 posts
788 upvotes
mkaymakci wrote: If you have pi-hole, all ads are automatically skipped in CBC Gem
How is this Raspberry Pi setup different from a pure software setup readily available on all browsers and DNS services?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3467 posts
648 upvotes
Yeah, except my wife keeps telling me to shut my pi-hole. :(