• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2009 10:54 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2009
1 posts
Toronto

CBC Marketplace looking for help

Hello,

I am a producer with the CBC T.V. consumer program "Marketplace." Are you in debt and considering your options (bankruptcy? credit counselling? debt consolidation? a consumer proposal?) If so, I'd like to hear your story.

Or, have you gone through one of these already with or without success? Please get in touch.

This is for research only, and any information you give me will be in confidence, unless you agree to otherwise.

Thank you in advance,

Jennifer Fowler
jennifer.fowler@cbc.ca
416-205-3698
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1768 posts
19 upvotes
Erica and Wendy are beautiful! I liked Wendy with longer hair though...
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
3133 posts
177 upvotes
Hi Jennifer,

You are likely barking up the wrong tree here. A majority of forum members handle their finances very well.

Try kijiji.
www.mortgagecalculatortoolkit.com

Do your mortgage math correctly!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
2340 posts
25 upvotes
sslinn wrote: Hi Jennifer,

You are likely barking up the wrong tree here. A majority of forum members handle their finances very well.

Try kijiji.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who are lurkers who might be interested in this.

Anyone posting in this forum seems to be under 30 with their mortgage paid off, earn 6 figures, and buy BMWs weekly with cash :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43765 posts
6988 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
sslinn wrote: Hi Jennifer,

Try kijiji.
I dunno about that.
Most people don't go around complaining about debt when they are @ the point of bankruptcy.
Some are ashamed, some just don't give a damn until its too late!
Once and a while I'd see "debt help" threads.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
4 upvotes
abu_sme wrote: Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who are lurkers who might be interested in this.

Anyone posting in this forum seems to be under 30 with their mortgage paid off, earn 6 figures, and buy BMWs weekly with cash :rolleyes:
You mean you don't ....... ?

GET OUT! :D
Mar 1, 2009
292 posts
6 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Jennifer F. wrote: Hello,

I am a producer with the CBC T.V. consumer program "Marketplace." Are you in debt and considering your options (bankruptcy? credit counselling? debt consolidation? a consumer proposal?) If so, I'd like to hear your story.

Or, have you gone through one of these already with or without success? Please get in touch.

This is for research only, and any information you give me will be in confidence, unless you agree to otherwise.

Thank you in advance,

Jennifer Fowler
jennifer.fowler@cbc.ca
416-205-3698
I recently lost my job, have no idea what I am going to do for work. Truck payment is due 28th over this month which I cannot make. Rent comes first. Looking around to see where food banks are located just in case I need them. I Have a collection agency after me for a $1200 back cellphone bill I never paid. If that is what you are looking for you can have it
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19211 posts
1702 upvotes
abu_sme wrote:
[IMG]http://4pack.files.wordpress.com/2008/1 ... osties.jpg[/IMG]
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3419 posts
305 upvotes
Calgary
We are all tightwads here. We are doing very well in this recession. Thank you very much.
Jun 29, 2008
834 posts
26 upvotes
I love that Marketplace show. I used it to learn how to buy a 2nd used car and how Direct Energy screw people over fixed natural gas price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6267 posts
106 upvotes
abu_sme wrote: Anyone posting in this forum seems to be under 30 with their mortgage paid off, earn 6 figures, and buy BMWs weekly with cash :rolleyes:
And married to a supermodel..
Aug 4, 2009
14 posts
GVRD
abu_sme wrote: Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who are lurkers who might be interested in this.

- yes under 30
- mortgage for dog house fully paid
- earn 6 figures (does the decimal place count?)
- a small collection of Hot Wheels BMWs

I must be rocking!
Jan 2, 2003
742 posts
6 upvotes
vcr_shopper wrote: - yes under 30
- mortgage for dog house fully paid
- earn 6 figures (does the decimal place count?)
- a small collection of Hot Wheels BMWs

I must be rocking!
You forgot the supermodel spouse! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6267 posts
106 upvotes
ItzMe wrote: You forgot the supermodel spouse! :D
he still has his barbies..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)