Shopping Discussion

CBIUSA - Have you had your stuff shipped to Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 12:29 am
[OP]
Oct 7, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote

CBIUSA - Have you had your stuff shipped to Canada?

Hey All,

I have a CBIUSA Mailbox, I used to cross into Buffalo on a monthly basis to grab my stuff, shop and head home. I've had stuff sitting there since before the border closed and now I'm starting to think it may be a good idea to get my stuff boxed and shipped to Ontario. Any of you had experience doing that? How did CBIUSA handle your stuff? I apparently need to do the following:

- Create a Commercial Invoice. Never done this.
- Find a shipping carrier to ship my stuff. (NY to Ontario)

If you've been through the task, could give pointers/recommendations?

Really appreciate any help, thanks!!
4 replies
Sep 13, 2012
996 posts
536 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
All the information you require is posted on CBI’s FAQ page. First thing you need is determine the weight and dimensions for all your packages consolidated. That will determine whether it’s economical for you to have a single consolidated box shipped with USPS/FedEx/UPS or private carrier. See their site as mentioned and go from there.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks Pacer. Ended up using pirateship.com to handle the USPS shipping, and CBIUSA did the rest. Just waiting for Canada Post to do it's job.
Jan 11, 2014
8 posts
Ajax
Curious to hear how your pirateship experience goes! I'm in same situation. Could you post an update once you get your stuff?
[OP]
Oct 7, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
PirateShip was awesome. Very easy to setup, paid by CC, and got my USPS tracking right away, PS walked me through the steps to create all the customs forms needed. Unfortunately I have been waiting for over a month for my package. CBIUSA took a really long time to ship, they seem to be overwhelmed/understaffed. However keeping in mind their circumstances, I didn't have a problem with the wait.

My package was 28"x16"x11", and weighed 7lbs (3.2kgs). My cost with PirateShip, using USPS was USD$53.39 (CAD$67.91).

USPS got the package to Canada in a decent amount of time, Canada Post is now just sitting on it, maybe hoping it's an egg that will hatch, I don't know. My package is in Mississauga right now, chilling, I hope to get it sometime next week. It really sucks that CBIUSA is only 2 hours from me, and its taking over a month to get the package to me. From this point on I will probably use Shippsy, so far they have been very good.

I'll update once I have it in hand.