Tags:
None
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1251 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skimmed through without sound, and it looks terrible and weird.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4916 posts
517 upvotes
GTA
Interesting remake... But it sure was on late at 10pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5915 posts
3467 upvotes
milhouse611 wrote: skimmed through without sound, and it looks terrible and weird.
Why without the volume?

What kind of Rush Hour were you expecting to watch?

Jackie Chan likes the ones with a story - From the Rush Hour 3 Deleted Scenes. :D
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20563 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto
This show will be canceled pretty quick.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2790 posts
1061 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Foo's Cantonese sounded horrible. The girl playing his sister was pretty bad too. Hollywood has a knack for ignoring authenticity when it comes to Asians. I know from first-hand experience working on Total Recall. I spoke out to one production assistant and told her the Chinese text on the wall is just random gibberish that makes no sense and she tells me no one's gonna notice. Yeah, except for the first country who gets to see it on the big screen which is in Southeast Asia.

Bugs me to no end!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6313 posts
1563 upvotes
tinlun wrote: Jon Foo's Cantonese sounded horrible. The girl playing his sister was pretty bad too. Hollywood has a knack for ignoring authenticity when it comes to Asians. I know from first-hand experience working on Total Recall. I spoke out to one production assistant and told her the Chinese text on the wall is just random gibberish that makes no sense and she tells me no one's gonna notice. Yeah, except for the first country who gets to see it on the big screen which is in Southeast Asia.

Bugs me to no end!
I agree. I found this extremely racist. I don't know why.
Maybe it's the fact they casted all the Chinese characters with actors that can't actually speak Chinese. If you are not Chinese and you are wondering how bad it is, I am Chinese and I can barely understand what the hell they are saying.

The other thing is the actor that plays Lee. His Chinese is terrible, fine. But why the hell does he have to pretend to speak English with an accent. So he's basically a guy with a problem with languages

Reminds me of that episode of master of none where dev and his friend had to pretend to have Indian accents to get parts despite being fluent in English

The other thing is the lack of originality from the movies. Very unoriginal and predictable but worse than the movie. Turned it off after 30 mins

This show will be cancelled without a doubt
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2790 posts
1061 upvotes
Toronto
champ91 wrote: I agree. I found this extremely racist. I don't know why.
Maybe it's the fact they casted all the Chinese characters with actors that can't actually speak Chinese. If you are not Chinese and you are wondering how bad it is, I am Chinese and I can barely understand what the hell they are saying.

The other thing is the actor that plays Lee. His Chinese is terrible, fine. But why the hell does he have to pretend to speak English with an accent. So he's basically a guy with a problem with languages

Reminds me of that episode of master of none where dev and his friend had to pretend to have Indian accents to get parts despite being fluent in English

The other thing is the lack of originality from the movies. Very I originally and predictable but worse.

This show will be cancelled without a doubt

Yup, no one's gonna notice!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1447 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
This show looks horrible from the commercials alone. Who's the smart guy who thought this would be sucsessful? *facepalm*
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1804 posts
269 upvotes
Mississauga
redpattison wrote: I enjoyed it. Had some good lines.
I think I somewhat I will have to take that back. Too corny, terrible acting. Not surprised it will be cancelled.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1792 posts
203 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
I can't believe this is still on. I just watched my first episode and couldn't believe they used a Non Asian dude to play Lee (Jackie Chan's character). This reminds me of the injustice Bruce Lee went thru with the tv show Kung Fu. This is almost offensive with the cheap Chinese accent coming from the "non Asian dude" He doesn't look Chinese at all!
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19403 posts
17876 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
It was cancelled after 7 episodes. Show was terrible.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2790 posts
1061 upvotes
Toronto
I think they're just airing all the leftover episodes.