• Jun 1st, 2017 2:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1394 posts
285 upvotes
Quebec City
Lostwords wrote: It was about a month for one of my refund and about a month and half for my second refund. You might want to give them a call to follow up on it.
Same here. I had three refund and all were home between 4-6 weeks.
Aug 7, 2012
82 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: As requested...heres some instructions on how I got the brokerage fee back from CP:
What I did to get the rebate:
1) Call the 1800 number
2) They will ask you for two things:
a) Tracking number to look up the file
b) Claim cheque/case reference number which can be found on the stub the cheque was attached to

3) They confirm using those two things the total that you paid, and the total you got back, and will reimburse you the brokerage fee within a couple days (not a couple months like the cbsa takes!).

Also, they don't care about the documents, just the document numbers .
so got my first cheque. As you mentioned it was minus the cp fee. What 1800 number? the tracking number is the one from the original carbon sheet? and the claim number on the cheque. Correct?
Dec 18, 2008
975 posts
86 upvotes
So I got a delivery notice from fedex for pm coins. The notice said there was a balance owing for presumably duties and taxes. With fedex am I supposed to absolutely refuse delivery until there are no brokerage fees? Ie I tell them it's all 99.9 silver and refuse payment. I should not pay brokerage fees and file for a refund correct?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4926 posts
408 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
UGHHHHHHH

I've recently purchased some silver from an individual from U.S. It got flagged and I got ding $91.00. Luckily no one home so the package went to Shopper Drug Mart Post Office. I went to picked up and discovered the charge so I had them shipped back to Border agency for another review. Seem simple enough. So the package was sent back to CBSA for a review and it processed and returned to the Shopper Drug mart Post Office. Here;s the problem, Now what?? I went to try to pick up the package, the person there don't know what to do as there's no instruction as to if the fee has been waived or not. It doesn't even looks like it has been open. the person at shopper drug mart doesn't know what to do and asked me to call CBSA... WTF... Ugh.. anyone run into similar situation??
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8434 posts
2085 upvotes
Lostwords wrote: UGHHHHHHH

I've recently purchased some silver from an individual from U.S. It got flagged and I got ding $91.00. Luckily no one home so the package went to Shopper Drug Mart Post Office. I went to picked up and discovered the charge so I had them shipped back to Border agency for another review. Seem simple enough. So the package was sent back to CBSA for a review and it processed and returned to the Shopper Drug mart Post Office. Here;s the problem, Now what?? I went to try to pick up the package, the person there don't know what to do as there's no instruction as to if the fee has been waived or not. It doesn't even looks like it has been open. the person at shopper drug mart doesn't know what to do and asked me to call CBSA... WTF... Ugh.. anyone run into similar situation??
If it was re-processed with no fees due, then they would not have a paper to collect on delivery. The canadapost agent should release to you if thats the case.

If the paper still says to collect, then you will have to pay it, and submit a claim to CBSA for refund