• Apr 28th, 2020 1:03 am
[OP]
Oct 9, 2011
610 posts
312 upvotes
EAST YORK

CBSA Officer Trainee Program - advice regarding lack of communication

Hi all,

Back in late 2018, I did an online application for the CBSA Officer program. Didn't hear anything back for a while. Then in March 2019, I received an email from them stating that I had passed the initial screening with my resume and was now eligible to do the Officers Trainee Entrance Exam. So in March of last year, I did the 3 hour assessment. Eventually, on March 29, 2019, I got another email congratulating me on passing the assessment. They mentioned that the next steps would be in an interview and the recruiting team would be reaching out to me in the "upcoming months". I got a Candidate Package showing next steps and everything.

But that was more than a year ago now. I still haven't heard anything back from them. My online application status still says that "Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further".

What does this mean? Is it still in limbo and to be analyzed further, or did I actually make it to the interview stage? I did hear that the federal government jobs take a long time to process and I already have a good job, so it kind of slipped off my radar and I haven't really reached out to them in the past year. I suppose COVID has also probably slowed things down quite a bit.

Any advice?
1 reply
Apr 13, 2009
11 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario
No advice unfortunately, but it sounds similar to my experience applying @ Fisheries and Oceans years ago for an IT position.

Applied, they contacted my references, did an assessment, passed some test(s), etc. Then an email was sent asking what areas I was willing to work, and I chose all of Canada. Then they said I was in a pool... and never heard from them again. Must be a pretty big pool.