• Jan 11th, 2021 8:32 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
May 26, 2014
217 posts
258 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Any good ones in this pack? I have four of the others already and there's at least one good game in each. We keep coming back to Tee KO, Drawful and Fibbage.
Mar 3, 2011
109 posts
14 upvotes
Us as well -- Drawful and Fibbage -- are the games in this pack fun?
Apr 26, 2005
84 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver
pencil364 wrote: Any good ones in this pack? I have four of the others already and there's at least one good game in each. We keep coming back to Tee KO, Drawful and Fibbage.
Here is my quick review after playing it for a few sessions:

Quiplash 3 - pretty much same as the first two, final round has a bit of a twist, Thriplash where you have to provide 3 answers which I found could be hit or miss. So if you like the first two Quiplash games, you should like this one too. Definitely can play this online with others.

Devil in the Details - this one is the most unique, and found it pretty fun. You work together as a team doing tasks, some require others to help. You can also do selfish tasks to get more points, but if you do too many, everyone can lose. Although playing it over voice chat with 8 people, it can get very hectic trying to ask for help, so that took away from the experience. I imagine this would be pretty fun in person.

Champ'd Up - a drawing game where you draw characters to battle each other based on whatever title you are given. Another person will see your drawing and draw something to challenge it without knowing what the title was. People vote on which one is better. You can bring your previous drawings into later rounds. I like how the drawing tools are better than previous drawing games. If you liked Drawful, Tee KO etc. then this one works. Plays well online with others.

Talking Points - a game where you give a speech/presentation about a topic but someone else is feeding you your slides and prompts, gets chaotic. Fun for those that like to talk, not so much for quieter ones. Plays well online with others.

Blather Round - similar to Taboo, instead of a restricted list of words you can't use you are given vague phrases to build ad lib style to try to get people to guess your word/phrase. As people guess, their guesses are added to your list of words to use

Overall, I would say that all the games in this pack I would actually replay. The only exception may be Talking Points, especially if you are with a quieter group.
Dec 8, 2001
213 posts
181 upvotes
Unfortunately, you guys just missed the sale at Epic games. After coupon, it was $10.74 when I bought it Jan 3rd.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Nov 19, 2020
27 posts
13 upvotes
Erkdajerk wrote: Unfortunately, you guys just missed the sale at Epic games. After coupon, it was $10.74 when I bought it Jan 3rd.
I was seriously considering buying this until I saw your comment lol....
Dec 24, 2011
733 posts
332 upvotes
As the other poster stated, it was cheaper on Epic and they have a few of those sales throughout the year, I have no doubt it'll go down to ~$10 at some point this year on Epicgames with their sale + coupon stacking. However, if you already have a Steam library and prefer having everything on one platform, this is a decent deal.
Nov 26, 2018
125 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
Decent deal for anyone who utilizes steam link for playing jack box games.
Oct 24, 2016
135 posts
95 upvotes
I'm not a gamer - don't even have a steam account but I want to find some fun activities to play with family and friends over zoom during lockdown. For these jackbox games, does every participant need to purchase and download? Every household? Just one person from the group?
[OP]
Oct 21, 2014
23 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would this work on Mac as I didnt see any options or is this just for PC. Anyone know.
Nov 15, 2020
381 posts
772 upvotes
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: I'm not a gamer - don't even have a steam account but I want to find some fun activities to play with family and friends over zoom during lockdown. For these jackbox games, does every participant need to purchase and download? Every household? Just one person from the group?
Just one person and everyone joins vis their website using a code given on your screen. You must share your screen with everyone tho.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1507 posts
164 upvotes
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: I'm not a gamer - don't even have a steam account but I want to find some fun activities to play with family and friends over zoom during lockdown. For these jackbox games, does every participant need to purchase and download? Every household? Just one person from the group?
Nope. Everybody needs a PC and a discord account and the host who owns the game shares their screen on Discord. All the Jack Box games are worth the regular price, like if you find a game in the package that's fun and everybody has a good time it's worth way more than a dinner out with friends. Everybody needs a phone or tablet for the game itself so I think some people use a tablet and a phone. The tablet is to see the screen and hear the group chat and the phone is to play the game.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2730 posts
1395 upvotes
CameraBill wrote: Nope. Everybody needs a PC and a discord account and the host who owns the game shares their screen on Discord. All the Jack Box games are worth the regular price, like if you find a game in the package that's fun and everybody has a good time it's worth way more than a dinner out with friends. Everybody needs a phone or tablet for the game itself so I think some people use a tablet and a phone. The tablet is to see the screen and hear the group chat and the phone is to play the game.
Instead of Discord, you can use Zoom/WebEx/GoogleMeetings or whatever you have access to that allows one person to share their screen.

We usually host Jackbox nights with Zoom - the only disadvantage is that the host can't see everyone else's webcam. Could be easily fixed if we ran a second laptop.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21597 posts
24537 upvotes
Toronto
RubberCheese wrote: Instead of Discord, you can use Zoom/WebEx/GoogleMeetings or whatever you have access to that allows one person to share their screen.

We usually host Jackbox nights with Zoom - the only disadvantage is that the host can't see everyone else's webcam. Could be easily fixed if we ran a second laptop.
I host on Zoom quite a bit for our Meetup group. With dual monitors I can easily see everyone's webcam too.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Aug 31, 2020
16 posts
10 upvotes
I own all but the first 2 Jackbox packs, and in my opinion, this is one of the better ones. I find the packs always have at least a dud or two that no one wants to play, but I think all the games in this one are pretty solid with good variety. And they can all be played well remotely which is a huge plus these days.

As a quiet guy myself, Talking Points sounded like a nightmare but it ended up being one of my favourites (maybe after you warm up a little - alcohol helps)

My least favourite is The Devils and the Details, not because it’s bad, but because it’s a lot more involved than the others and not typically what I’m looking to play during a game night with a decent-sized group (unlike Talking Points, alcohol would not improve this game)