PlayStation Now: 12 Month Subscription (US Digital Code) $39.99 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
39.99 USD
Savings:
33% Off
Retailer:
CD Keys
PlayStation Now: 12 Month Subscription (US Digital Code) is available on sale for $39.99 USD by CDKeys

Note: This is different from PlayStation Plus: 12 Month Subscription.
Last edited by blackstealth92 on Jun 4th, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Sep 26, 2013
202 posts
288 upvotes
very underwhelming service imo. I will not buy into this.
May 29, 2018
330 posts
283 upvotes
Best price it's gonna be and I think it's a decent value for sure, only reason I may not pull the trigger is because I have a backlog already of 100s of games and don't need yet another service with 100s of titles
Aug 20, 2019
483 posts
340 upvotes
Edmonton
Good price imo if there are a ton of games on the PS Now list that you wanna play without having to pay for each one individually. Have an upvote.
Oct 7, 2017
745 posts
1214 upvotes
For $50 for a year that's a good deal. A little over $4 a month? Sure it doesn't rival Game Pass with it's brand new game offerings, but it has quite a few games, and even some new-ish ones. Take a look at the list and decide for yourself. Witcher 3, Borderlands 3, Avengers, to name a few. I believe most if not all of the PS4 games are download eligible, but anything older must be streamed.
Sep 21, 2019
332 posts
223 upvotes
Hahah, to think I can play games online for free on my PC. Console 🤮🤮
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1561 posts
1321 upvotes
Surrey
Kagaho wrote: Hahah, to think I can play games online for free on my PC. Console 🤮🤮
Congrats. Good for you.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3351 posts
2976 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Isn't there a mega thread already?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3044 posts
783 upvotes
Belle River
Does PS Now pickup your cloud saves from games you played before you ever subscribed? Say you started a game in the past on your PS4 via physical disc, now years later you wanna finish it on PS Now, will it use your cloud save? I know you would need PS+ to have cloud saves in the first place.
Jul 23, 2011
889 posts
689 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Be careful, the link is now to US PS now cards, and not NA PS Now cards. You can't use a US card if you have a Canadian account as it's region locked (I just learned the hard way).

If anybody wants to buy the code I just bought, send me a quick DM. I'll sell it (it's a US one) for 40 CAD. If you don't have ps now already, you can just create a new US Psn account and load it onto that to use it (won't work to top up CAD account subscriptions, but should work for a new customer in this fashion, assuming you don't care about trophies linked to a specific PSN name).

EDIT: Sold the card this morning. Thanks for all offers.
Last edited by TorontoGamerMan on Jun 4th, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 22, 2014
30 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TorontoGamerMan wrote: Be careful, the link is now to US PS now cards, and not NA PS Now cards. You can't use a US card if you have a Canadian account as it's region locked (I just learned the hard way).

If anybody wants to buy the code I just bought, send me a quick DM. I'll sell it (it's a US one) for 40 CAD. If you don't have ps now already, you can just create a new US Psn account and load it onto that to use it (won't work to top up CAD account subscriptions, but should work for a new customer in this fashion, assuming you don't care about trophies linked to a specific PSN name).
Really? That’s strange… US PS Now codes have worked on Canadian accounts in the past, just like the US PS Plus codes worked (and still do) to top up CDN accounts. I wonder when that changed??

But also, you could simply take that US account and make it primary on your console, and then your Canadian account will have access to all the PS Now games on the US account, but played on your own Canadian account including trophies.
Jul 23, 2011
889 posts
689 upvotes
NORTH YORK
willjwood wrote: Really? That’s strange… US PS Now codes have worked on Canadian accounts in the past, just like the US PS Plus codes worked (and still do) to top up CDN accounts. I wonder when that changed??

But also, you could simply take that US account and make it primary on your console, and then your Canadian account will have access to all the PS Now games on the US account, but played on your own Canadian account including trophies.
I thought so too, but when I tried to redeem the code, I got "Item is not available in your region" sent back in red letters, and it wouldn't work.

Unfortunately, I already had ps now locked into 2023, so I don't much see the benefit of having two overlapping subscriptions. I can't use this to top up an extra year, which is the main goal I had in mind at purchase.

But for a new customer, they can absolutely just add a US account onto their system and use that for the ps now. Hence my offer to sell at a greater discount to that person. I can't use the code, but somebody without ps now at all probably could make good use out of it.
Sep 22, 2014
30 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TorontoGamerMan wrote: I thought so too, but when I tried to redeem the code, I got "Item is not available in your region" sent back in red letters, and it wouldn't work.

Unfortunately, I already had ps now locked into 2023, so I don't much see the benefit of having two overlapping subscriptions. I can't use this to top up an extra year, which is the main goal I had in mind at purchase.

But for a new customer, they can absolutely just add a US account onto their system and use that for the ps now. Hence my offer to sell at a greater discount to that person. I can't use the code, but somebody without ps now at all probably could make good use out of it.
I’d be tempted to take it myself, as my current sub is up in about two weeks, but I’m not sure I want to resub at this time, as they haven’t added any PS5 games to Now yet (despite having PS4 games on there that have free PS5 upgrades, which I find to be a ridiculous omission), and I also account share with my girlfriend, so we wouldn’t both be able to use a US Now account on two different consoles like we can if it’s on my primary Canadian account.

But it’s cool that you’re trying to help someone else out! I am sorry you had to find out that the US codes don’t work for Canada anymore… I wonder if the US Plus codes still work for Canada? I am subbed to Plus until 2026 (Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat), and I have used many of the US Plus codes on CD Keys to do so. Thinking Face
Mar 29, 2009
79 posts
26 upvotes
Duncan
Kagaho wrote: Hahah, to think I can play games online for free on my PC. Console 🤮🤮
I have a gaming PC, PS5, and an Xbox Series X. I enjoy them all equally. What's your point? Goof.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2021
16 posts
90 upvotes
TorontoGamerMan wrote: Be careful, the link is now to US PS now cards, and not NA PS Now cards. You can't use a US card if you have a Canadian account as it's region locked (I just learned the hard way).

Fixed thread and title, PS Now (US code) used to work for CAD accounts and vice versa.