• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 4:51 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3639 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Lush78 wrote: Hmm... I have a live chat open now. 34 in queue
I just got finished with mine. Absolutely no help at all.

Also you're probably going to be sitting in there for over an hour.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3252 posts
3161 upvotes
Alberta
chemicalxv wrote: I just got finished with mine. Absolutely no help at all.

Also you're probably going to be sitting in there for over an hour.
I'm at work so I don't mind the wait. I never entered, nor did it ask, a billing or shipping address when I created my cdkeys account. Could that be the problem?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3639 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyways relevant quotes:
CS: Due to limited access i am unable to check more info as to the reason for decline. However the order goes into review only if there is some mismatch in the order or the info provided in the account.
CS: Whenever our automated's system detects any slightest of mismatch in info, it rejects the order.
Obviously an actual person isn't even reviewing these orders that get flagged for "Review".
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2221 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks! I just renewed back in June and bought two more years, now covered to June 2023.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3639 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Lush78 wrote: I'm at work so I don't mind the wait. I never entered, nor did it ask, a billing or shipping address when I created my cdkeys account. Could that be the problem?
Doubt it, with my third order I made sure to actually make an account and included a shipping/billing address and it still got turfed.

It's impossible for there to be a "mismatch" because my information on Paypal is identical.
Sep 6, 2013
86 posts
26 upvotes
Got my order cancelled and refunded as well. Used Paypal. Looks like everyone who's having issues is using PP.

Has anyone who ordered recently with Paypal gotten their code?
amplified wrote: Weird are you guys on VPN? Or it seems completely random the hold, I got mine instantaneously.
Did you use Paypal or CC?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3252 posts
3161 upvotes
Alberta
chemicalxv wrote: Doubt it, with my third order I made sure to actually make an account and included a shipping/billing address and it still got turfed.

It's impossible for there to be a "mismatch" because my information on Paypal is identical.
Yeah, my info is all legit too, same email, name, etc as PayPal. Will my order get refunded? Is there a difference between review and on hold?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3639 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Lush78 wrote: Yeah, my info is all legit too, same email, name, etc as PayPal. Will my order get refunded? Is there a difference between review and on hold?
Review is the flag and I'm pretty sure "On Hold" is their terminology for "cancelled" because that's what my orders were set to when I was refunded.
Nov 16, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I paid with Apple Pay at 8:50pm PST tonight and it went to "ON HOLD." Received a confirmation email and everything but after not getting a code right away I contacted online chat where they confirmed it is being rejected and I will be getting a refund..

Buddy of mine used PayPal at the same time and his "UNDER REVIEW." Chat said he will be refunded if it doesn't go through but they have limited access to see the reason why..

Trying to figure out another method which may work? All of my info was entered correctly.
Aug 3, 2014
157 posts
216 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Wasnt even able to exchange a single message before "Zen" ended the chat the second it connected. Such "good" customer service

Chat started

Customer Service
Thanks for your message, please wait a moment, one of our agents will attend to you shortly.

We apologise for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy with other customers at the moment, we will be with you as soon as we can.

Zen joined the chat
Zen
Hi, sorry for the delay, we have had an increase in orders selected for approval review and are working hard to get through these asap. Unfortunately we have no ETA as we are unable to see where you are in the queue, we are sorry and thank you for your patience.

Zen left the chat
Nov 16, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
JayPatelRFD wrote: Wasnt even able to exchange a single message before "Zen" ended the chat the second it connected. Such "good" customer service

Chat started

Customer Service
Thanks for your message, please wait a moment, one of our agents will attend to you shortly.

We apologise for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy with other customers at the moment, we will be with you as soon as we can.

Zen joined the chat
Zen
Hi, sorry for the delay, we have had an increase in orders selected for approval review and are working hard to get through these asap. Unfortunately we have no ETA as we are unable to see where you are in the queue, we are sorry and thank you for your patience.

Zen left the chat
Yup, I had Zen too and they did the exact same thing. Had to queue at 30+ in line again for someone else..

Tried two different methods - both Apple Pay and CC got rejected and I was given no reason..
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3252 posts
3161 upvotes
Alberta
Just got a refund from PayPal. Any silver bullet for ordering this?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3252 posts
3161 upvotes
Alberta
Purchased another key with PayPal and it's on hold again... WTF
Nov 16, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just got this from Jill Valentine in the chat support:
Our apologies as we were unable to process your order. This might be for one or more of the following reasons:

we are unable to authorise your payment
you are not allowed to purchase the code (region restrictions)
there may have been a technical error delivering the code
Others have been successful in here but did they catch onto the region restriction maybe? Can we get around it by purchasing in USD instead of CAD?
Last edited by gldentiger on Sep 19th, 2020 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 28, 2011
232 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks OP! Bought another key and instantly received it using paypal

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)