• Nov 19th, 2021 3:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1585 posts
518 upvotes
Kitchener
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Thanks everyone.. Paypal worked smoothly for me

Now I successfully activated 3 years of Xbox Live in Canada account

Question is how could I convert this to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate for 36months paying $1

What are the steps please advise Thank you
https://account.microsoft.com/services/

There should be several spots that mention to upgrade to Games Pass Ultimate for $1.
Jul 16, 2008
371 posts
130 upvotes
ON
Same situation here. My XGPU doesn't expire until 2024 as well. I did the conversion with the Costco purchase back in Jan.

Can I add the gold membership now and convert in 2024?
.fess wrote: My XGPU doesn't expire until 2024. Should I buy these cards now and use them in 2024 after expiry? What are the odds of cdkeys bought gold cards not working in 3 years time? Not sure I'm willing to bet $100+ to find out.
Aug 19, 2011
296 posts
223 upvotes
j3390659 wrote: Same situation here. My XGPU doesn't expire until 2024 as well. I did the conversion with the Costco purchase back in Jan.

Can I add the gold membership now and convert in 2024?
Nope. If you add them now, it'll convert at the standard conversion rate. I believe you'll get 3months of GPU in exchange for this.
Feb 24, 2002
559 posts
6 upvotes
If anyone is having an issue buying Xbox Gold with PayPal, I turned on my VPN to turkey, setup PayPal payment, when back on the finalize page I turned off my VPN and the purchase went through. Followed the installation setup and codes went through. Thanks all for the find.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
2773 posts
1253 upvotes
Conversion completed

$38.29x3 = $114.87
Ultimate. =. $. 1.13

Total paid = $116

$116÷ 36 months = $3.22/ month for 36 months Gamepass Ultimate

Question: does anyone know if flight Simulator 4K HDR game going to come on Gamepass for Free?
Images
  • 20210915_215953.jpg
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Sep 15th, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 17, 2012
318 posts
290 upvotes
Quebec
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Question: does anyone know if flight Simulator 4K HDR game going to come on Gamepass for Free?
It already is
Jul 22, 2018
43 posts
30 upvotes
Thanks OP! For everone, how I did it:

1. Turn on Turkey VPN
2. Follow OP's link to CD Keys
3. Click button to pay with pay pal, log in as required
4. BEFORE hitting the button to finalize purchase, turn off VPN
5. Hit the button. Usually gives an error first time I hit it, but hit it again and it will go through.
6. Turn back on VPN
7. Use the code you receive to activate (I used the XBox App on by PC, with the VPN still turned on)
8. Repeated the above steps twice more, so that I had purchased and renewed 3 years worth
9. With the VPN turned off, I chose the upgrade feature in XBox App on my PC, followed the steps, and it upgraded my 3 years to Xbox Game Pass ultimate until September 2024.
EDIT: To upgrade in the XBox App on PC, click on "GAME PASS" along the top menu line, then click "My Subscription" button, then "Manage". The right hand side should have an "Upgrade" option. It's a little unclear, but I believe the upgrade will convert your XBox Life into Game Pass Ultimate for a dollar (and it's $16.99 every month after once it expires).

I've only my PC to play on, and I still think it's worth it, since the pass for PC for a year is still more than the above for 3 years.
Dang though, I was excited about the Cloud option, wasn't expecting that they'd only let you play the games with a controller. I have one, but I just thought I'd still have keyboard/mouse as an option.
Last edited by ChachoR47284 on Sep 16th, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2010
390 posts
406 upvotes
Canada
9. With the VPN turned off, I chose the upgrade feature in XBox App on my PC, followed the steps, and it upgraded my 3 years to Xbox Game Pass ultimate until September 2024.

where can you find the UPGRAGE feature?

followed steps 1-8 and bought the 3 Keys
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
134 posts
308 upvotes
mkm999 wrote: 9. With the VPN turned off, I chose the upgrade feature in XBox App on my PC, followed the steps, and it upgraded my 3 years to Xbox Game Pass ultimate until September 2024.

where can you find the UPGRAGE feature?

followed steps 1-8 and bought the 3 Keys
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/live/gold/upgrade
Jun 30, 2019
59 posts
98 upvotes
ChachoR47284 wrote: Thanks OP! For everone, how I did it:

1. Turn on Turkey VPN
2. Follow OP's link to CD Keys
3. Click button to pay with pay pal, log in as required
4. BEFORE hitting the button to finalize purchase, turn off VPN
5. Hit the button. Usually gives an error first time I hit it, but hit it again and it will go through.
6. Turn back on VPN
7. Use the code you receive to activate (I used the XBox App on by PC, with the VPN still turned on)
8. Repeated the above steps twice more, so that I had purchased and renewed 3 years worth

I've only my PC to play on, and I still think it's worth it, since the pass for PC for a year is still more than the above for 3 years.
Dang though, I was excited about the Cloud option, wasn't expecting that they'd only let you play the games with a controller. I have one, but I just thought I'd still have keyboard/mouse as an option.
please upvote this guy. super clear instructions after going through all the comments. just follow his instructions and you'll be fine.

FYI - I've never had game pass or an Xbox (yet), waiting on my halo console but went ahead and bought 3 years in one go. as mentioned, key point is when to turn on and off Turkey VPN.

1. Turn on VPN then access site
2. Select quantity of 3 (or however much you want)
3. at check out page, turn OFF VPN
4. complete your order. you will get an error message then turn ON VPN
5. wait a few seconds, then click complete order again. it should bring you to the final page which states your order is complete.
6. received all 3 codes in less than 10 seconds in my email inbox.
7. logged into xbox app on PC, redeemed all 3 codes for 36 months
8. TURN OFF VPN
9. in Xbox PC APP settings, click join game pass and select GPU for $1 if you've never had it before.

thanks OP and this poster for clear instructions. GPU valid to Sept 15, 2024!
Jan 24, 2010
390 posts
406 upvotes
Canada
so if you already have game pass, does this STACK???

because i already had game pass until 2022 and bought 3 KEYS off cdkeys but cant see an option for $1.... PLEASE HELP
Oct 17, 2012
318 posts
290 upvotes
Quebec
mkm999 wrote: so if you already have game pass, does this STACK???

because i already had game pass until 2022 and bought 3 KEYS off cdkeys but cant see an option for $1.... PLEASE HELP
It doesn’t.
Read the thread, it’s mentionned several times what to do
Oct 26, 2015
11 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a fair warning, I think I went one step too far like a lot of people and actually changed my store region to Turkey... This meant I had to then find a way to buy another worldwide game pass code online to upgrade, since it wouldn't let me pay for the upgrade in the store as I didn't have a Turkey address / card.

You can only change your store region once every three months, so I couldn't switch back.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1001 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
brohito wrote: Just a fair warning, I think I went one step too far like a lot of people and actually changed my store region to Turkey... This meant I had to then find a way to buy another worldwide game pass code online to upgrade, since it wouldn't let me pay for the upgrade in the store as I didn't have a Turkey address / card.

You can only change your store region once every three months, so I couldn't switch back.
I accidently did that last year for the Brazil Xbox live card. i had the same problem, but between trying CC and Paypal, vpn on and off, i was eventually able to do the upgrade. cant exactly remember what combination i used though.... but keep trying different things, and you should eventually get it.
Sep 15, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
Tried the different methods in this thread, but none seem to be working for me. Damn.
Oct 5, 2010
505 posts
532 upvotes
Rehan27 wrote: Tried the different methods in this thread, but none seem to be working for me. Damn.
What's the issue buying xbox live or entering the code?
Sep 15, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
d60 wrote: What's the issue buying xbox live or entering the code?
Issue is with buying for me. Tried without VPN, and using the two different VPN methods above, and they all end up with an order cancellation email.