Cyberpunk 2077 PC Pre-order $62.59 Digital Download ~22% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$62.59
Savings:
22% off
Retailer:
cdkeys.com
For those of you who haven't pre-ordered the PC game yet and don't really care for the physical stuff, cdkeys.com has the Cyberpunk 2077 PC digital download pre-order for $62.59 CAD, cheaper than the retail of $79.99 CAD on Steam, GOG's site, and Epic. Your game would be activated and download via gog.com with this pre-order. Savings of ~22% off, +no tax as with digital downloads. No known expiry for the deal as of right now.

Yes- we know some people don't like to pre-order, and some people believe you shouldn't support pre-ordering a game for various reasons. We all have heard these discussions several times so please, keep it at bay. Personally, this is the only game I've ever pre-ordered as I like CD Projekt Red and how they're going about things with Cyberpunk 2077.

From the webpage:

How will I receive my instant download key?
After payment has been approved, your game key will be included in your order confirmation email. You can access your key by following a link in the email. Next, you can activate your key on its corresponding platform.
If you’ve pre-ordered a game, your key will be delivered to your email a day before the official (or early access) release date. You will also receive a notification via email when your key becomes available.

Activation:
Open a web browser, and navigate to the GOG key redemption page. (https://www.gog.com/redeem)
Create an account or log in if required.
Locate the GOG key in your cdkeys.com confirmation email, and copy it to your clipboard by pressing “Ctrl+C”.
Paste the key from your clipboard in the product code section when asked, and follow the rest of the prompts to add the game to your library.
Once approved, your game will be viewable in the “Library” tab, and is available to download/install when you’re ready!
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2934 posts
3235 upvotes
it has been pushed back many times already i dont know if its too early to tell or to pre order you might be disapointed with either the date it comes out or preordering too soon. i am really debating if i should get it myself too.
Sep 2, 2017
778 posts
831 upvotes
Ontario
Been this price on Cdkeys for over a year now, been down to around $58 too as long as I remember then stays at 61-63
Oct 17, 2006
320 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Have you always needed to confirm your order via cellphone SMS?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4397 posts
2485 upvotes
waven101 wrote: it has been pushed back many times already i dont know if its too early to tell or to pre order you might be disapointed with either the date it comes out or preordering too soon. i am really debating if i should get it myself too.
It has but did you see the gameplay demos and trailers??? It looks AMAZING.

Also better to delay than ship something half baked, given the disappointment of so many AAA games that flopped in recent years.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1262 posts
1549 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Not sure if this applies since it's PC, but next gen games (Xbox Series X/S and PS5) are expected to rise to $69.99 USD (NBA 2K21 being the first to make the claim) which would come out to about $94.99 CAD...which they may bump up to $99.99 CAD because reasons.

Don't know if PC will see the same increase, but might be worth it to grab it now, given 1) possible price increase and 2) the developer's track record of good games.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2934 posts
3235 upvotes
bhrm wrote: It has but did you see the gameplay demos and trailers??? It looks AMAZING.

Also better to delay than ship something half baked, given the disappointment of so many AAA games that flopped in recent years.
i did but so did horizon look a lot better on pc. there are a ton of games coming out before christmas, and this one will compete you can expect lots of discount and patches by black friday... that is only 2 weeks after this game launches.
Jan 25, 2013
145 posts
92 upvotes
Thornhill
Is it a GOG game then? Don't feel like installing another DRM system.

Steam has a $6 discount on the game right now, so that's an option too.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4397 posts
2485 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Not sure if this applies since it's PC, but next gen games (Xbox Series X/S and PS5) are expected to rise to $69.99 USD (NBA 2K21 being the first to make the claim) which would come out to about $94.99 CAD...which they may bump up to $99.99 CAD because reasons.

Don't know if PC will see the same increase, but might be worth it to grab it now, given 1) possible price increase and 2) the developer's track record of good games.
Bit of a cash grab yes, but it comes down to value. If they raising prices but free DLC, fine. If raising prices and still DLC...then not so hot.
Jun 16, 2018
58 posts
52 upvotes
I'm expecting to build another PC when the next-generation GPU are released and I have a feeling this game will be the free game that comes with the NVIDIA GPU. They are already showing DLSS 2.0 and extensive NVIDIA Raytracing tech so my guess is that it will be the free game anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1262 posts
1549 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
bhrm wrote: Bit of a cash grab yes, but it comes down to value. If they raising prices but free DLC, fine. If raising prices and still DLC...then not so hot.
Yep, 100% I agree with that as well...only problem is the rise of microtransactions has killed (what little) good will some companies had. I feel CD Projekt Red will avoid this due to their style of running their company, as will a few others, thankfully. But companies like EA, Activision, Take Two...*collar tug*

Hard pill to swallow when you're RAISING cost of entry, PLUS adding in microtransactions (thankfully not in Cyberpunk), PLUS this generation has seen record profits every year. I mean I get these things have huge budgets, but c'mon, $100+ for every AAA game next generation, damn!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2934 posts
3235 upvotes
i feel like it all comes down to type of experience you're getting when playing a game and the amount of content there is. 100.00 for a game really, i havent paid more than 40.00 for a game, you wait a few weeks, or a month and it is on sale, especially they all come out at the same times before christmas, before march break and then the holiday sales starts. these type of price will only ever be there for pre order fans and on releases, To show "value" as when it is on sale people will have the illusion it is definitely worth 40.00 since it's on sale.
Nov 29, 2018
82 posts
166 upvotes
If you support CD Projekt Red, please consider buying this game from them through GOG instead of through grey market channels
Feb 10, 2008
48 posts
86 upvotes
drspaceman wrote: If you support CD Projekt Red, please consider buying this game from them through GOG instead of through grey market channels
Especially considering CdProjekt owns GOG, 100% of the profit goes to them Instead of 70-80% on steam or 88% on epic gamestore.