Middle Earth: Shadow of War, X1 / PC, $25, AC: Origins, $38

Deal Link:
Price:
$25 - 38
Savings:
65%
Retailer:
Cdkeys.com
Didn’t see this posted anywhere, and not sure when the deal expirese, but this was advertised on my Facebook... $25 for the newest Middle Earth game - works on both PC and X1 (I believe with cross-buy?) Also, Assassin's Creed: Origins is on for $38, and there are some other options with the season's pass, etc.

I’ve used the site before for cheap Assassin’s Creed; code is mailed to you pretty quick. Haven’t bit on this one yet, but may later tonight!

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/ ... oth+%25%5D
Last edited by RWCantel on May 7th, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Oct 10, 2012
376 posts
70 upvotes
London
This game is more than worth it for $25
[OP]
Mar 3, 2017
313 posts
107 upvotes
Woodstock
robotfood wrote:
May 8th, 2018 7:50 am
Is this easily redeemed in Steam?
I believe since it's X1 and PC cross-buy that it isn't through Steam... haven't played one of my cross-buy titles on PC yet either, so unsure how it works - maybe someone else has experience here?
Jan 19, 2017
366 posts
589 upvotes
Someone on the Xbox Subreddit said he got permanently banned for buying a G2A key. Should i probably avoid third party keys to be safe?
Sep 7, 2014
819 posts
892 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
RedSwagDeals wrote:
May 8th, 2018 9:14 am
Someone on the Xbox Subreddit said he got permanently banned for buying a G2A key. Should i probably avoid third party keys to be safe?
I think CDKeys is safe enough, in that they haven't had banning issues like G2A. I've bought from both (primarily at CDKeys though) and luckily haven't had any issues.

However it should be noted that the bans mentioned on Reddit (there's been a few) have been overturned by MS as they focus their investigation on G2A's sellers instead (right call IMO). Still a complete crapshoot either way.

EDIT: I'm editing this to give some more info.
CDKeys is a retailer website. They procure their codes from promotions/bundles where other retailers sell the console without these codes. They buy them in bulk and discount them on their site. They are at least legitimately acquired.
G2A on the other hand is a third party vendor hosting site, like eBay or to a lesser extent, Craigslist. Anyone can take a code and list it for sale, regardless of the means of procurement. So naturally you're going to get some shady peeps on there selling stolen/etc codes.
Last edited by ChippewaBarr on May 8th, 2018 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 27, 2012
747 posts
1148 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote:
May 8th, 2018 9:14 am
Several people have commented that they are cracking down on those who have purchased through G2A. I think you're safe with CDKeys - have never heard anything bad about them. I've purchased maybe 4-5 games from them in the past 3 years and there have been zero issues.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
[OP]
Mar 3, 2017
313 posts
107 upvotes
Woodstock
I've also used CDKeys before and have had no trouble! I bought once from G2A as well and didn't have problems either - but with reports of more crackdowns recently, I would avoid g2a! CDKeys seems like it's safe enough though.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19014 posts
5914 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
RWCantel wrote:
May 8th, 2018 1:52 pm
I've also used CDKeys before and have had no trouble! I bought once from G2A as well and didn't have problems either - but with reports of more crackdowns recently, I would avoid g2a! CDKeys seems like it's safe enough though.
I feel like they're both kind of in the same bucket myself. I have no experience with consoles but I have always avoided these not so totally official sources for keys for PC regardless of any risk of getting a key retraction on Steam or not.

Besides AC: Origins is a whole lot cheaper today on GreenMan than this to begin with, at least for PC.