FALLOUT 4 VR (PC Steam Key) $15.89 / 78% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$15.89
Savings:
78% off
Retailer:
CDKeys
With the upcoming 2nd gen (or is it 1.5 gen???) PC VR HMD's on their way, it might be a good time to pick up a full length AAA game such as this for just over $15 CAD.

Obviously it works for those of us on the 1st gen devices as well, provided you have a decent spec'd PC.

CDKeys currently has it on sale for $15.89 CAD all-in, worldwide activation, delivery via Steam key.
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout ... eam-cd-key

Use their Facebook discount code to receive an additional 3% off (possibly for new users only).
https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/

Currently sells for $79.99 on Steam, so this appears to be an all time low price-point from any storefront.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/611660/Fallout_4_VR/

Although the Steam storefront lists it as a Vive title, I can confirm that it does in fact work well with all of the big 3 VR headsets (Rift / Vive / WMR).
Rift & WMR may need a bit of tweaking, but nothing which can't be solved by having a quick search of the Steam forums or elsewhere.

13 replies
Jul 17, 2012
535 posts
193 upvotes
Kamloops
CanadianHummus wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:49 pm
Unfortunately not only VR.
works with the cheapo HP mixed reality well? i did get steam vr to work on that one.
Sep 30, 2012
23 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Would this work with a phone VR headset with VRidge/riftcat?
Apr 13, 2015
177 posts
322 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
muscleking wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:21 pm
works with the cheapo HP mixed reality well? i did get steam vr to work on that one.
I have the Acer mixer reality and it works extremely well I would assume the hp would be the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1927 posts
614 upvotes
Edmonton
Damn, that is a hell of a deal. I got Skyrim VR the other month for $30 and thought that was pretty good.

I expect Fallout 4 will control similarly, and if its gun combat is like Skyrim's bow...then I'll be happy. It's just too bad the actual interaction with the world is button-based.
Jul 17, 2012
535 posts
193 upvotes
Kamloops
Just bought and installed. definitely good deal. compare how much oculus charge for the major title games.

only took a few minutes to download with Shaw 600, 45mb/s download speed lol.
Jul 17, 2012
535 posts
193 upvotes
Kamloops
played a bit yesterday. pretty good. then had to charge the AA batteries. the game can you walk normally with up down left right or have to use the teleport, i know it is to prevent dizziness but would be nice to be walking. what about Skyrim?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1927 posts
614 upvotes
Edmonton
muscleking wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 12:22 pm
played a bit yesterday. pretty good. then had to charge the AA batteries. the game can you walk normally with up down left right or have to use the teleport, i know it is to prevent dizziness but would be nice to be walking. what about Skyrim?
I have not fired up Fallout 4 VR yet but in Skyrim VR you can absolutely use the stick to move/strafe. It defaults to narrowing your field of view the faster you move but that can probably be disabled.

I would be surprised if Fallout 4 didn't have a similar option.
May 7, 2018
63 posts
35 upvotes
OP!! YOU ARE THE BEST!

my fiancee just bought me a VR headset as a wedding gift (I actually can't decide what one to keep, vive or oculus) and I only have one game to play so far so this is awesome.

It's not worth waiting for the new ones are the rift S has software IPD and my eyes are too close together/ index just sounds like a vive 2.0 and I heard I can use the controllers (knuckle) on the vive?
Nov 24, 2013
32 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Just be a bit careful as to your computers spec. I am running an i5 with GTX1060 6gb and it struggles a bit with this game. This is the only game it struggles with that I play. I'm running the Windows Mixed Reality headset which I understand to be a bit less taxing then Rift or Vive so I wonder how those headsets compare. I get some screen tear, frame skipping and plain blurry ness. Best if you can get a card that can over sample a bit on this game as it has pretty muddy textures. I've tried optimizing several things to no avail on this one. Really fun game though and the deepest game I've played in VR. Probably the one I've played the most.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1763 posts
1031 upvotes
Awesome. Beat this game on my Xbox and loved every minute of it. Didn't expect to ever purchase it in VR, but at this price I can't resist.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6473 posts
3373 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Glad to hear that some people are getting in on the deal.

I've just posted another one with some very nice visuals, Robinson:The Journey for $4.99 USD (~$6.65 CAD) @ indiegala.
That's 75% off the reg $20 USD price tag, or ~$25 CAD.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/indiegal ... #p30821051