August 1, 2021
Retailer:
CDKeys
Minecraft is featured in CDKeys Daily Deals:

Java (PC) 22.69CAD —> DEAD NOW —> 27.99CAD
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/minecraft-pc-cd-key

Xbox one 8.69CAD
https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/ ... t-xbox-one
Last edited by morden on Jul 31st, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Sep 25, 2009
641 posts
515 upvotes
couple quick questions
1. If I get the xbox one version, do i need to subscribe to xbox live gold in order to play?
2. How does CDKeys work? Are they going to send me a code where I go on my xbox to redeem?

Thanks in advance
Mar 19, 2015
369 posts
501 upvotes
strikeraj wrote: couple quick questions
1. If I get the xbox one version, do i need to subscribe to xbox live gold in order to play?
2. How does CDKeys work? Are they going to send me a code where I go on my xbox to redeem?

Thanks in advance
1. Yes you'd need XBL Gold to play online. Best way to know this for the Switch/Playstation/Xbox is if the game is free-to-play or paid. For example Apex Legends and Rocket League are free-to-play and therefore have free online/no subscription required. Minecraft, COD, FIFA are a paid games so you need subscription for those.

2. Yes they'll email you a key and you go to redeem it on your Xbox or this Microsoft accounts page here: https://redeem.microsoft.com/
Sep 25, 2009
641 posts
515 upvotes
Nypheral wrote: 1. Yes you'd need XBL Gold to play online. Best way to know this for the Switch/Playstation/Xbox is if the game is free-to-play or paid. For example Apex Legends and Rocket League are free-to-play and therefore have free online/no subscription required. Minecraft, COD, FIFA are a paid games so you need subscription for those.

2. Yes they'll email you a key and you go to redeem it on your Xbox or this Microsoft accounts page here: https://redeem.microsoft.com/
Thank you! What if I just want my son to play single player? Does minecraft support that without XBL gold?
Jul 31, 2007
822 posts
691 upvotes
Beware of this site, I tried to purchase a key once and it took half a day for the key to arrive. This was too late for me, so I bought it elsewhere in the meantime and asked for a refund, but they ignored me...
Mar 19, 2015
369 posts
501 upvotes
strikeraj wrote: Thank you! What if I just want my son to play single player? Does minecraft support that without XBL gold?
Yes your son can totally play single player. If you have up to 4 controllers you can also play split-screen multiplayer on the same TV without XBL Gold.
Aug 4, 2004
738 posts
25 upvotes
Noon question…. Is this a good price for minecraft Java edition? My son loves to watch videos of people playing it and I want to get this for him
Jan 20, 2005
807 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
johncraven wrote: Beware of this site, I tried to purchase a key once and it took half a day for the key to arrive. This was too late for me, so I bought it elsewhere in the meantime and asked for a refund, but they ignored me...
I'm pretty sure no sites that sell digital keys would even consider giving refunds (that would be a mess)...

If you are in a rush, it's better to buy a phyical key at a store. You could get a key in 30sec or next day, with some of these sites.
Jan 20, 2005
807 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
PSA - before buying either, make sure you understand the limitations of both.

Java can only play multiplayer with Java users.

Bedrock / Windows 10 / XBOX / Switch / PS / Android can play together, but not against Java users.

There are some exceptions (special servers that allow mixing), but they are still very buggy.

Know which version you want before buying. The internet is full of people complaining after the fact.
Jan 20, 2005
807 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
Nonopeno wrote: Noon question…. Is this a good price for minecraft Java edition? My son loves to watch videos of people playing it and I want to get this for him
You can get it for cheaper on eBay and some sketchy sites. This is a good price from a reasonable source.
Jan 20, 2005
807 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
strikeraj wrote: Thank you! What if I just want my son to play single player? Does minecraft support that without XBL gold?
Yes
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1113 posts
404 upvotes
Abbotsford
Nice find OP. I have used CDKeys for years and have never had an issue.
Mar 2, 2006
476 posts
285 upvotes
I'm seeing java edition for 27.99CAD. It's 22.39USD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6942 upvotes
The NORTH
Have the bedrock edition, wonder if I should splurge for the Java edition as well. Can both be installed on the same PC?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5965 posts
3085 upvotes
Ottawa
I ordered my first cdkeys game with paypal. If it works , I definitely will buy more in the future. Thanks OP. My 8 years daughter is playing this game right now with my $1 for 3 months UGP.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5965 posts
3085 upvotes
Ottawa
That’s fast. I got the code immediately. Wow.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2006
270 posts
78 upvotes
sci05 wrote: I'm seeing java edition for 27.99CAD. It's 22.39USD.
Yeah it looks like the Java deal is dead but the Xbox is still at 8.69
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5965 posts
3085 upvotes
Ottawa
This is the base game or mater collection game for $50? Thanks
Images
  • DDAD9B83-C3BB-44FC-A5DD-B21CC5B05D13.png
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5965 posts
3085 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn’t see any coins, it must be the base game.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.