Expired Hot Deals

[cdkeys] resident evil 7 pc steam key - $45.59

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2017 12:38 pm
42 replies
Jan 7, 2017
41 posts
11 upvotes
I wanna bite on this but what happens if it doesn't work out? So much talk about Steam revoking keys or region locks and whatnot. is the risk to high ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5593 posts
5071 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
anyone know if the PC version is going to be playable in VR?
May 30, 2015
765 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Melkor wrote: anyone know if the PC version is going to be playable in VR?
VR is PS4 exclusive for a year
Nov 15, 2007
177 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Eli2015 wrote: VR is PS4 exclusive for a year
Yeah until the hackers get their hands on it and make the PC version VR ready :)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3088 posts
2656 upvotes
Cambridge
Is this or the Instant Gaming one safe to purchase? I'd love to pick this up at this price!
May 31, 2016
582 posts
582 upvotes
frango wrote: I wanna bite on this but what happens if it doesn't work out? So much talk about Steam revoking keys or region locks and whatnot. is the risk to high ?
orbitdesign wrote: Is this or the Instant Gaming one safe to purchase? I'd love to pick this up at this price!

CDKEYS is a grey market site. It is not a legitimate third party retailer. They do not get their keys from the developer/publisher. All of the money spent there goes to CDKEYS, none back to the people who made the game. If you care about legitimacy, do not buy from them.

They either buy their keys from people who stole them (7000 keys revoked in 2014 for that reason that were sold by them), buy not for resale keys from discounted or charitable bundles and resell them at a profit, thus meaning the original consumer (ie you) did not have access to them at the original lower price and are now paying them more for something that should have been yours for less to begin with, or buy their keys in bulk from poorer countries where games are adjusted for cost of living and then reselling them here in richer countries - which is making developers stop discounting games in those countries as they seem more people buying them in North America than in the intended destination, where the games are then pirated because CDKEYS and the like bought all the affordable keys.

In general, they're a plague on the industry for both the makers and consumers.

I don't know Instant Gaming, my comments above are only about CDkeys. As with everything else you should do your own research before deciding.
Jan 12, 2011
150 posts
173 upvotes
Montreal
Damn I wish this deal was on Steam :( I have a some money laying around there from card sales. Not pulling the trigger on cdkeys.
May 31, 2016
582 posts
582 upvotes
djrickstar wrote: Damn I wish this deal was on Steam :( I have a some money laying around there from card sales. Not pulling the trigger on cdkeys.
I love the card system. Free money for games to those of us who don't craft badges:). I'm aiming to have enough saved to get the next Elder Scrolls game for free when it comes out in a couple years:)
Jan 12, 2011
150 posts
173 upvotes
Montreal
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: I love the card system. Free money for games to those of us who don't craft badges:). I'm aiming to have enough saved to get the next Elder Scrolls game for free when it comes out in a couple years:)
Make sure you got Idlemaster and Steam inventory helper (Chrome plugin), makes your life so much easier!

I have over 1500 games so I dropped a LOT of cards :)
Nov 15, 2007
177 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote: Is this or the Instant Gaming one safe to purchase? I'd love to pick this up at this price!
Yes, I've made several purchases with them via PayPal. Some folks who make purchases with their Credit Cards have mentioned having to send some ID to complete the transaction. You can blank the majority of the info out and they'll process the transaction.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3424 posts
1073 upvotes
I don't know why people don't just face up to the reality of what they are doing and start pirating. Buying from cdkeys is almost the same thing. Honestly rfd should ban posts about cdkeys.
May 31, 2016
582 posts
582 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote: I don't know why people don't just face up to the reality of what they are doing and start pirating. Buying from cdkeys is almost the same thing. Honestly rfd should ban posts about cdkeys.
An argument can be made that pirating would be better than grey market purchases. I suggest using the contact us page to give RFD your opinion / reporting posts with their sales if that's how you feel. I started doing so yesterday after I had people flaming me on another thread telling me to go away, I'm not welcome here anymore because I replied to others asking if it was legitimate with pretty much the same post as above. I received notes that I was not the first to report the threads so there must be a few people already doing it.

RFD is a good, legal site, my guess is they just don't know these other sites are illegitimate and that's why the deals are allowed.

Then again, IGN still allows CDKEYS deals so maybe RFD just doesn't see it as an issue. Which, fair enough, it's their site, they can allow discussion of whatever they want.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8500 posts
7916 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: CDKEYS is a grey market site. It is not a legitimate third party retailer. They do not get their keys from the developer/publisher. All of the money spent there goes to CDKEYS, none back to the people who made the game. If you care about legitimacy, do not buy from them.

They either buy their keys from people who stole them (7000 keys revoked in 2014 for that reason that were sold by them), buy not for resale keys from discounted or charitable bundles and resell them at a profit, thus meaning the original consumer (ie you) did not have access to them at the original lower price and are now paying them more for something that should have been yours for less to begin with, or buy their keys in bulk from poorer countries where games are adjusted for cost of living and then reselling them here in richer countries - which is making developers stop discounting games in those countries as they seem more people buying them in North America than in the intended destination, where the games are then pirated because CDKEYS and the like bought all the affordable keys.

In general, they're a plague on the industry for both the makers and consumers.

I don't know Instant Gaming, my comments above are only about CDkeys. As with everything else you should do your own research before deciding.
I don't understand why game developers and executives should be viewed as precious little snowflakes who should be glamorized and shielded from the consequences of the world economy because they make games instead of toasters or fur coats, or that the first sale doctrine shouldn't apply to them. If someone sells their product cheaper and they cry about it that is emotional blackmail to me and it is not my problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2142 posts
849 upvotes
Ottawa
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: An argument can be made that pirating would be better than grey market purchases. I suggest using the contact us page to give RFD your opinion / reporting posts with their sales if that's how you feel. I started doing so yesterday after I had people flaming me on another thread telling me to go away, I'm not welcome here anymore because I replied to others asking if it was legitimate with pretty much the same post as above. I received notes that I was not the first to report the threads so there must be a few people already doing it.

RFD is a good, legal site, my guess is they just don't know these other sites are illegitimate and that's why the deals are allowed.

Then again, IGN still allows CDKEYS deals so maybe RFD just doesn't see it as an issue. Which, fair enough, it's their site, they can allow discussion of whatever they want.
Nobody likes a nag and you don't seem to know when enough is enough ........ you made your point; others disagree, so move along. Angry Face I don't come here to be lectured, hectored or proselytized about the evils of grey market sales. If RFD attempted to censor potential trade-mark infringements, then every China supply posting on this site would be suspect and potentially disappear.

I'm not interested in gamer's posts on either hardware or games so I skip past them; my kids are long grown so the posts about car seats don't get a second look. I'm not car shopping so deals on cars don't get a second look, much less a comment. Why don't you try the same thing?

You seem to have self-anointed yourself as the ultimate authority on moral principles which you expect all others to follow. I didn't see the thread to which you referred in which you claim other members started flaming you or telling you to go away but I can fully understand why they may have done so. We come here to discover potential deals and discuss the relative merits and/or problems with the products or suppliers ....... not to be harassed about our supposed low moral fibre.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1831 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
lol sound like now it is even not ok to pay for games.
Noooooooooooooo you buy from steam only.
give me a break guys.
May 31, 2016
582 posts
582 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: Nobody likes a nag and you don't seem to know when enough is enough ........ you made your point; others disagree, so move along. Angry Face I don't come here to be lectured, hectored or proselytized about the evils of grey market sales. If RFD attempted to censor potential trade-mark infringements, then every China supply posting on this site would be suspect and potentially disappear.

I'm not interested in gamer's posts on either hardware or games so I skip past them; my kids are long grown so the posts about car seats don't get a second look. I'm not car shopping so deals on cars don't get a second look, much less a comment. Why don't you try the same thing?

You seem to have self-anointed yourself as the ultimate authority on moral principles which you expect all others to follow. I didn't see the thread to which you referred in which you claim other members started flaming you or telling you to go away but I can fully understand why they may have done so. We come here to discover potential deals and discuss the relative merits and/or problems with the products or suppliers ....... not to be harassed about our supposed low moral fibre.
Not a single post I have made in any thread on this was directed or replying to the person posting the deals or replying saying they bought the deal.

Every original post I have made in this and other threads was in direct, quoted response to people asking questions regarding the legitimacy of the sites. You'll notice no reply from me in the other CDKEYS thread from this morning. That's because no one has requested information in it. Yet.

Every subsequent post by me in these threads was in response to people quoting/replying to me. Again, no reference to anyone posting thanks to the OP or that they were getting the game. Only to those engaging with me.

People asked a question. I replied. That is the extent of my posting on these topics, short of people then quoting me.

If you somehow take that information as a personal attack and "nagging" that's due to your own personal bias' and insecurities. If you don't want me "nagging" on the topic, stop engaging with me. This is a discussion forum. Discussions occur on it. It's really that simple.

Edit: I just checked. There is an ignore function on this board. There, your problem is solved. Ignore me and you don't have to see my posts anymore.
Last edited by Evendesiredusernameistaken on Jan 9th, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2007
177 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
VanceMendoza wrote: I don't know why people don't just face up to the reality of what they are doing and start pirating. Buying from cdkeys is almost the same thing. Honestly rfd should ban posts about cdkeys.
Why? There's no proof that the keys are stolen. Also pirating doesn't allow the game to work online. If steam was smart they'd lower their prices to compete accordingly. How much does it really cost to sell a key for a game?