91 posts
459 upvotes

[CDKeys] Xbox Live Gold: 12 Month Membership (Canada Digital Code) ~ $54

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
CDKeys
More offers from CDKeys
CDKeys has Xbox Live Gold: 12 Month Membership (Canada Digital Code) on sale for £35.99 ($53.25 CAD) when you follow steps below.
  • Add Xbox Live Gold: 12 Month Membership to cart without changing currency.
  • Proceed to payment and pay in GBP.
  • PayPal or Credit Card payment currency conversion fees may apply (Up to $2 CAD).
Note: Game Pass Ultimate New/Expired subscribers can convert up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold membership to Game Pass Ultimate by joining the service.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3141 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
It's cheaper to buy 3 3-month codes for $15.19 each and do autorenewal for each one, turning it off before each code redemption to get a bonus month each time and it'll get you 12 months for $45.57. You can only add 2 codes per transaction, so you need to checkout twice to buy 3. Also, if the 6-month ones are ever cheaper than 2 3-month ones, it's better to buy those as it comes with 2 3-month codes, but because it comes with 2 codes it still counts as 2 transactions in the cart.

Update: the price just went up to $16.69 for 3 months of gold. Maybe that happens when they sell a bunch.
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Sep 28th, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2021
91 posts
459 upvotes
SoldierZeroB wrote: It's cheaper to buy 3 3-month codes for $15.19 each and do autorenewal for each one, turning it off before each code redemption to get a bonus month each time and it'll get you 12 months for $45.57.
Just expired the deal, thank you for the reminder :).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2864 posts
1889 upvotes
montreal
If my game pass is now on a month to month (16+ / month i think).

How should I proceed?
Cancel the auto-bill.

Then once the current month is over...
How long does it take to be able to convert gold to game pass?

Is it converter 3:1 or 1:1 ???
Nov 21, 2009
473 posts
274 upvotes
Moncton
SoldierZeroB wrote: It's cheaper to buy 3 3-month codes for $15.19 each and do autorenewal for each one, turning it off before each code redemption to get a bonus month each time and it'll get you 12 months for $45.57.
I just tried adding 3 codes to my cart and it won't take. Anything over 2 and an error pops up saying: "Attention: The requested qty exceeds the maximum qty allowed in shopping cart"
Nov 9, 2017
96 posts
169 upvotes
XOMTOR wrote: I just tried adding 3 codes to my cart and it won't take. Anything over 2 and an error pops up saying: "Attention: The requested qty exceeds the maximum qty allowed in shopping cart"
Buy 2, repeat. I did this myself.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3141 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
XOMTOR wrote: I just tried adding 3 codes to my cart and it won't take. Anything over 2 and an error pops up saying: "Attention: The requested qty exceeds the maximum qty allowed in shopping cart"
Sorry. I forgot to mention the 2-code limit per transaction.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3141 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
superbigjay wrote: If my game pass is now on a month to month (16+ / month i think).

How should I proceed?
Cancel the auto-bill.

Then once the current month is over...
How long does it take to be able to convert gold to game pass?

Is it converter 3:1 or 1:1 ???
If you let your game pass run out completely and then add gold and then convert afterwards, you'll get it at 1:1. It's only 3:1 if you add gold while subscribed to game pass. The conversion is instant. And, yes, turn off the auto-bill so it can run out completely.
Nov 21, 2009
473 posts
274 upvotes
Moncton
Rajcat wrote: Buy 2, repeat. I did this myself.
SoldierZeroB wrote: Sorry. I forgot to mention the 2-code limit per transaction.

Thanks. Wasn't sure that would work. Costco (from what I've read) limits you to 2 and even if you try and make a separate purchase afterwards for another, it often gets cancelled. Was thinking CD Keys would do the same.
Dec 12, 2013
4 posts
SoldierZeroB wrote: It's cheaper to buy 3 3-month codes for $15.19 each and do autorenewal for each one, turning it off before each code redemption to get a bonus month each time and it'll get you 12 months for $45.57. You can only add 2 codes per transaction, so you need to checkout twice to buy 3. Also, if the 6-month ones are ever cheaper than 2 3-month ones, it's better to buy those as it comes with 2 3-month codes, but because it comes with 2 codes it still counts as 2 transactions in the cart.

Update: the price just went up to $16.69 for 3 months of gold. Maybe that happens when they sell a bunch.
If I add a 3-month XBL code to an expired Gamepass (GP) sub, it will be converted 1:1 to GP if I activate it but won't it cost me an additional GP fee for the conversion? So 3-month at 16$ then convert it to GP via its current price kind of ruin the deal, unless I'm missing something?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3141 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
suikodan wrote: If I add a 3-month XBL code to an expired Gamepass (GP) sub, it will be converted 1:1 to GP if I activate it but won't it cost me an additional GP fee for the conversion? So 3-month at 16$ then convert it to GP via its current price kind of ruin the deal, unless I'm missing something?
Yes. You'll get 3 months of gold, plus a 4th month for enabling autorenewal which you can then turn off, so they don't bill you the full monthly cost when it's time to renew. You also would want to turn it off anyway especially if redeeming multiple codes so you can get a bonus month for each one when it asks you if you want to turn autorenewal on. And then you need to add 1 month of game pass ultimate which you can get for $1 if you're eligible (it can work more than once - I've done it twice myself and someone else showed that they did it 5 times), but if it won't let you get the $1 conversion deal then you can buy 1-month of ultimate from CD Keys for $5.29 here. It says non-stackable, but I think that just means you can't use it while you have an ongoing subscription and only when you've run out. Also, note that the more gold you redeem before converting the more savings you're gonna get since you won't have to do the conversion over and over again. That $5.29 code is also in limited supply and might not be around in 3-4 months' time. On another note, it might be a good idea to just convert for 3 months' time and not take the bonus month since 3 months from now will be the end of December and CD Keys may have some decent prices just past Christmas time (if you're planning to just redeem one code). Sorry if any of this is confusing or unclear.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1272 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like 35.99 Euro converts to $48 CAD right now so not a bad deal for 12-month card.
Nov 21, 2009
473 posts
274 upvotes
Moncton
iluvsdadeals wrote: Looks like 35.99 Euro converts to $48 CAD right now so not a bad deal for 12-month card.
It's 35.99 GBP. In EUR it's: 41.39. Either way, about $54-55 right now plus the currency exchange rate premium charged by your credit card or PayPal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)