Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CDW

Sunbrite Veranda 55" HDR Outdoor TV (2019) $2679.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 3:07 pm
Mar 6, 2019
160 posts
315 upvotes
I would love to have a chance to meet someone who has one of these in their backyard, sit down and have a cup of coffee, and just try to figure them out...
Nov 9, 2003
545 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Sure whatever makes you feel better about buying a 55" set for $3k, lol. Now don't get me wrong, as said these are purpose built for outdoors, but tons of ppl living in warmer sunny states like Florida are using indoor TVs outdoors with few complaints and very good success for longevity. If Florida's hot, sunny, rainy, humid conditions aren't a testament to indoor TVs working well outdoors for most "regular folk" I don't know what is. If you feel you need an outdoor TV and can afford and or justify spending $3k for a 55" TV, then perfectly fine idea. But there's people out there that could easily afford it but stick to buying much cheaper TVs. Why? Again because they work well in reality and they can probably buy anywhere from 3-5 of them for the same money, not to mention if they do need to replace over time the new ones they're buying are gonna have more modern features and likely be brighter as that is the general trend of TVs.

And sure you can directly compare them, just put them side-by-side outdoors and...compare! LOL. Only problem is I'm betting while you can get many TVs at Costco and enjoy things like a 90-day no questions return period, I doubt the same is true with most places that sell boutique brands like Sunbrite. Funny how you keep saying "you can't compare..." this or that when the reality is you can and people do! The story ChicoQuente is telling there is not an isolated story or a one-off. Many people have come to the same conclusion. Now personally I have no stake in this or any interest either (don't really need or want a TV outdoors), but the fact is many people use indoor TVs outdoors and are perfectly happy with them and have spent a fraction of what a dedicated outdoor TV costs. Those are just the facts. Not sure if you wanna go down to Florida and start banging on doors of everyone using indoor TVs outdoors, telling them they're doing it wrong and being a salesperson for Sunbrite but whatever; I doubt you're gonna get much traction here on RFD for a $3k 55" TV when most people here think buying one that's 1/3rd that is way too expensive.
I'm so sorry! I did not realize we had a visitor on our forums from Florida!! Welcome to RedFlagDeals. Most of us live in Canada. You may not know this but our climate in most places is too cold for indoor TVs to remain outdoors for around half the year! What a wonderful solution an indoor TV outdoors could be for people who live in one of the warmest parts of another country and don't mind a washed out picture! We are very excited to hear about your experiences in Florida!

I was using a figure of speech when I said you cannot compare them, that must have been confusing for you. Yes, you can literally compare the TVs outside. Most would be very disappointed with the indoor TVs performance once they've seen the alternative, sadly, it would not be in everyone's budgets, but not many people find the occasion to watch TV outside anyways, which is why the original post notes this is a niche product (you can google that word if you need).

You might be very happy with an RCA panel mounted on an old refrigerator box in your backyard. If you want to save more, you could run an extension cord from your neighbors power outlets. For that matter, why buy a convertible when you can just chop the roof off any old car! You might be starting a revolution in personal finance, where instead of paying more for an item that is designed to function optimally for it's purpose, you take a cheaper item that works some of the time and not as well, and as a result save money. Who would have ever thought of that?

Outdoor panels are better in every sense for outdoor viewing except for cost, and are the only ones that can be used outside for half the year in most places in Canada. There are a handful of users on RFD that may be in the market now or in the future, and I've done the legwork to find the lowest price in North America. For those, enjoy. If this isn't in your budget, or you have no need for an outdoor TV, my sincere apologies if it offends you that some of us can easily afford and readily use one, while we still enjoy the sport of getting the best price.
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
Seems like OP posted this just so they could flex and argue with everyone, lol
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
monarch0300 wrote: I purchased for a mountain vacation property. The most common use is having the hockey game on during the apres-ski. Edit:typo
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
This thread is an example of why RFD is one of the most passive aggressive, toxic, forums I still frequent regularly. Especially for a seemingly innocent theme of bargain and deal hunting, for Canadians nonetheless.

Just because something is good value doesn't mean it has to also be affordable, or cheap. So often people get up in arms when they come across this, seemingly impossible concept.

I still visit RFD for the deals, but could do without the negativity.

I bet now somebody is gonna reply to this post saying some other random forum is probably way more aggressive and negative than RFD.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12037 posts
5142 upvotes
You should see the Jehovah's Witness discussion forum
Mar 9, 2009
662 posts
773 upvotes
Need to get a few of these to install on my boat

Just kidding
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
very cheap product, I had couple of these tv's at my smaller mansion and can say that only the poor "rich" people will get something like this. If you want to impress your friends, you should at least go for C Seed 201, otherwise they will think you are some pleb or worse...Don't ever let your "rich" friends judge you for your socioeconomic status, not when you have this tv in your backyard. I suffered so you won't have to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)