• Feb 24th, 2021 11:35 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
490 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON

CEBA Expanded-Additional $20k Loan

CEBA is also expanded and will make available to small businesses additional loans of $20,000, with $10,000 of those eligible to be turned into forgivable loans if you can pay by 31 Dec 2022
You can avail another $20k CEBA loan if you have already received $40k loan
Last edited by unodos on Oct 11th, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
104 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3624 posts
739 upvotes
I wish the trudeau will vet these small business more than blindly handing out another 10k free
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4358 posts
4418 upvotes
Vancouver
Announcement of extensions to CEBA and CEWS: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-fin ... demic.html

Great news for small business, but there are still some issues not sorted out from the earlier CEBA loan program:

- The banks were all over the place in how they decided to hand out the loans, no consistency. Confusion reigned.

- Some banks (like BMO) appeared to be treating them as personally guaranteed by whoever submitted the application on behalf of the business. Neither the banks nor the government have ever clarified the exact responsibility for the loans, and what will happen as inevitably some businesses go bust and won't be able to repay the loans.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5894 posts
2944 upvotes
Vancouver
I wonder what the criteria for the extra $20k CEBA is
Oct 11, 2013
198 posts
56 upvotes
Almost American
Nothing in RBC yet, considering the disaster with them specifically over CIBC, TD and BMO last time around I'm not expecting much.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4358 posts
4418 upvotes
Vancouver
notenoughsleep wrote: I wonder what the criteria for the extra $20k CEBA is
The government announcement said something about companies having to provide a written "attestation of the impact of COVID-19 on the business".

Maybe something like "COVID-19 broke our business." :)
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1517 posts
527 upvotes
Abbotsford
Wait - now it's $20K in free cash with no qualifier if the business needs it or not? I already know a few people abusing the first $10K and the wage protection when their business has never been busier. What a sham.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1904 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
How to apply?
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
490 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kanata2004 wrote: How to apply?
Through your bank, where you have business account with
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1904 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
unodos wrote: Through your bank, where you have business account with
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
On October 9, 2020, the Government of Canada announced that CEBA support will be expanded from $40,000 to $60,000. This expansion is not yet available, and more details on these changes and the launch date will be shared soon.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
490 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kanata2004 wrote: Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
On October 9, 2020, the Government of Canada announced that CEBA support will be expanded from $40,000 to $60,000. This expansion is not yet available, and more details on these changes and the launch date will be shared soon.
May be
But still my previous post remains valid “ you have to apply through your bank “ ,when available
Mar 3, 2009
870 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
unodos wrote: May be
But still my previous post remains valid “ you have to apply through your bank “ ,when available
@unodos is correct. So far all of this has been handled by the bank that has your business accounts. I am certain that the additionally $20k will be done the same way.

And just like the first round, the government is slow to release information :)
[OP]
Nov 23, 2014
490 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dr_torch wrote: @unodos is correct. So far all of this has been handled by the bank that has your business accounts. I am certain that the additionally $20k will be done the same way.

And just like the first round, the government is slow to release information :)
Yes..I think there will be conditions set or may be further delayed

BTW just recently the Fed Government announced that they are expanding CEBA loans to self employed/businesses that are operating through personal accounts and don’t have a business account
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1904 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
Hameeee wrote: did you know that CEBA now have a dedicated website

https://ceba-cuec.ca/
Tough time now. Thanks Prime minister Trudeau
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1643 posts
242 upvotes
oakjefferson wrote: Wait - now it's $20K in free cash with no qualifier if the business needs it or not? I already know a few people abusing the first $10K and the wage protection when their business has never been busier. What a sham.
CEBA is suppose to boost business . not save ur ass like CERB was.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1517 posts
527 upvotes
Abbotsford
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote: CEBA is suppose to boost business . not save ur ass like CERB was.
CEBA is to boost business? The hell are you talking about
Oct 11, 2013
198 posts
56 upvotes
Almost American
I've seen it RBC over over a month now, since what October 9th? It's almost December 9th and you still can't apply.